Uhmm... February Chat!!!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 89 Old 02-13-2012, 08:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Can I come over?  eat.gif  All I want is sugar all the time!  I already made carrot cake cupcakes.  Now I want to make super chocolatey cupcakes. What I should be doing is writing a paper since I know it won't happen after the baby makes its appearance. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovebeingamidwife View Post

I currently have ice cream cake, peanut butter pie and a little bit of ice cream in the freezer. 

YippeHippe: How can you tell whether the baby is posterior or not? I keep trying to figure out the baby's position, but I really can't tell. 

GreenRose:  Ooh!  Maybe I will make a "birth-day" cake as an excuse to have more cake!

1st baby, born 2/25/12. femalesling.GIF. Married to environmentalist treehugger.gif husband, trying to stay calm and trust my body. namaste.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 89 Old 02-13-2012, 09:18 AM

:( So now on top of this cold I think I have a kidney infection... My right side of my back near my kidney hurts SOoooooooooooo bad!

Proud wife to DH, mommy to DD 11/23/07, our little rainbow1284.gif baby boy 2/19/12. We vbac.gifnocirc.gifwinner.jpgcd.gif delayedvax.gifselectivevax.gif.femalesling.GIF

namaste.gif   *****Remember to love your boobies once a month!*** ribbonpink.gif

#63 of 89 Old 02-13-2012, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maternalove View Post

:( So now on top of this cold I think I have a kidney infection... My right side of my back near my kidney hurts SOoooooooooooo bad!

Oh no! How rough! Hope it heals soon and you get some relief!

Today is my due date! Woot!

DD Seraphina born at home on 2/21/2012! 

"Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
#64 of 89 Old 02-13-2012, 10:41 AM

teamgr - I feel more kicks/punches in the front (like I can feel his little feet!) and I don't feel a back, just the butt that kinda disappears into "nowhere". If you can feel solid on the front of your tummy you're babe's prob anterior. They can switch a lot, I think DS did, but not until right before coming out. He was born anterior but I had such back labor, he must have been in a funky position.

Maternalove - NO! How awful:(

Kaydove - my EDD too:) Hope something happens today, I think there's quite a few of us w/this EDD!

I've already decided our birthday cake will be a store bought one - white on white w/buttercream frosting, none of that whipped BS! I love those cakes but always do homeade instead b/c they're SOOOOO bad for you, but they're jsut so good for my tummy, lol! I actually tried for something healthier and made gluten free (we're trying to go GF) cupcakes the other day, with natural sugars and raw honey and using coconut flour. Ummm, no, totally didn't cut it, bring on the processed sugars and crappy ingredients while I have that "I deserve it" excuse!

Lovin my boys jumpers.gifDH, DS1 (4/7/10), and DS2 (2/19/12)...and - surprise! - another on the way
#65 of 89 Old 02-13-2012, 12:01 PM

kaydove- thinking about you today!

Dh made an awesome cake for the babe's birthday.  it was a gluten free cake with coconut milk yogurt so nice and creamy then yogurt on top with strawberries and bananas.  we froze a piece for her one year birthday.  it was soooooooo yum!

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
#66 of 89 Old 02-13-2012, 12:21 PM

Mmm, cake!  I'm making a carrot cake today for DD's birthday.  love.gif

And maybe later I'll have this baby?  lol

grateful mama to DD1, born before the robins came, 2010.  excited to welcome a little man into the world in early February 2012! kid.gif

#67 of 89 Old 02-13-2012, 01:28 PM

You know what - I hate cake but I LOVE the idea of a birthday cake for the baby's birthday! I was looking at Valentine's desserts to make for tomorrow, maybe I'll save the idea for her birthday. I'll have to bake it because DH is an awful baker, excellent cook, but my birthday pies from him remind me Denny's restraurant pies, yuck!

"Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
#68 of 89 Old 02-14-2012, 05:19 AM

EDD came and went, blah.

I did go to the chiro yesterday for the first time in months, hoping to help things along. She showed DH how to do a pelvic release or something like that to turn this kid anterior. He's been posterior for so long now and I'm not too worried about it for some reason, it is what it is. DH did it last night and, boy did it cause lil Sweet Pea to go crazy in there, so something happening! Hope it works, but I hope even more he decides to come see us, lol!

It's supposed to rain today so it would be a great day to snuggle w/a babe though I don't want him to have to share his bday w/vday!

I did eat much healthier yesterday and today we're having our very first chickens that we raised and buthered a couple weeks ago, hope they're yum! Unfortunately, I couldn't control my sugar cravings and we stopped at the store and bought sugar cookies w/do it yourself icing -yum! 

Gunter-sounds yummy! Though I'm not a fan of coconut, we do make yogurt, I'd love the recipe if you get the chance:)

Lovin my boys jumpers.gifDH, DS1 (4/7/10), and DS2 (2/19/12)...and - surprise! - another on the way
#69 of 89 Old 02-14-2012, 09:38 AM

Am I the only crazy one upset about the possible astrological sign of their child? Uggg this baby needs to get out before the 19th.

Proud wife to DH, mommy to DD 11/23/07, our little rainbow1284.gif baby boy 2/19/12. We vbac.gifnocirc.gifwinner.jpgcd.gif delayedvax.gifselectivevax.gif.femalesling.GIF

namaste.gif   *****Remember to love your boobies once a month!*** ribbonpink.gif

#70 of 89 Old 02-14-2012, 10:39 AM

Quote:

Am I the only crazy one upset about the possible astrological sign of their child? Uggg this baby needs to get out before the 19th.

I don't want a Pisces either! My friend from jr & sr high school is a Pisces and she's crazy emotional and so difficult! Ugh! She's totally colored all Pisces for me. I'm a Taurus and my DH is a Virgo - earth signs. Come out baby!

#71 of 89 Old 02-14-2012, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaydove View Post

I don't want a Pisces either! My friend from jr & sr high school is a Pisces and she's crazy emotional and so difficult! Ugh! She's totally colored all Pisces for me. I'm a Taurus and my DH is a Virgo - earth signs. Come out baby!

oops ...see below.

treehugger.gifMamaknit.gifsewmachine.gifmodifiedartist.gif to one cool girlREPlaySkateboard04HL.gif4/3/01 and a sweet boysuperhero.gif1/1/08...and joy.gifsweet Goobie Rue born 3/6/12

**formerly known as Mamablueberry**

#72 of 89 Old 02-14-2012, 04:07 PM

Quote:

Sad. I am the total opposite, I am really hoping for a Pisces baby. I am a Pisces(2/23) as is my mother and several of my best friends in the world. I agree we are emotional and sensitive but with that comes great compassion for others, also Pisces are very artistic and spiritual. I know many eccentric Pisces as well, but I love folks who are unique.

Don't let one bad fish spoil the whole lot ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaydove View Post

treehugger.gifMamaknit.gifsewmachine.gifmodifiedartist.gif to one cool girlREPlaySkateboard04HL.gif4/3/01 and a sweet boysuperhero.gif1/1/08...and joy.gifsweet Goobie Rue born 3/6/12

#73 of 89 Old 02-14-2012, 04:24 PM

Good point. I'm sure not all Pisces are the same and it was more her personality than astrological sign.

#74 of 89 Old 02-14-2012, 04:37 PM

<------------  Pisces here as well (birthday early March).  I love being the fish!  I find it so cool that my personality totally matches (well, for the most part anyway) the description of my sign.  Sure, we all have our crazy/emotional moments, but who doesn't, under any zodiac sign?  It'll all be good, your baby will be born under the sign it is meant to be born under :)

Married to Tom partners.gif since 2001, mom to 4 boys and our first girl born Feb. 19, 2012!

Florida licensed midwife and CPM lovinghandsmidwifery.org

#75 of 89 Old 02-14-2012, 05:13 PM

how funny, i was TOTALLY shooting for an Aquarian... but i guess this baby will choose his own sign... i'm at peace with it.  we're a house full of water babies anyway...

chicken3.gif   We're remote ECing, unschooling, free ranging goat dairy farmers.  

#76 of 89 Old 02-14-2012, 10:29 PM

Hey! I'm a pisces too and we're really not that bad!

#77 of 89 Old 02-15-2012, 05:17 AM - Thread Starter

I would rather an Aquarian over a Pisces just because that would mean baby is here sooner. Other than that, I like both signs. Though, I do find the characteristics of a Pisces more dynamic. :)

Michele married to Dh since Dec 2000 and happily sharing a home with 3 kitties, 1 doggy, DS R born 8/25/09 into the arms of his mama, and DS E born 2/25/2012

#78 of 89 Old 02-15-2012, 11:21 PM

I think I might be the only person yet to have a baby in our DDC who is fine with waiting longer  for my babe. I am due the 19th but am mentally preparing myself to go past that mark. My son( my 2nd babe) was 6 days past his due date and it drove me mad. It moved me into  the next month, so ALL the other mams in my DDC had their babies by then, I had my mom visiting from out of state who had to extend her flight dates twice to go back home who was making me feel even more rushed and stressed out. I was hiking and cleaning like crazy, but he came when he was ready.

Maybe it is because this will be my last pregnancy that I am okay with enjoying the last few moments despite the heartburn and swelling and aches. I didn't get to enjoy this pregnancy int he beginning with Hyperemesis and then anemia in my 7th and 8th month, so I feel pretty good now considering. Now I feel pretty decent I can enjoy the last few moments.

I got my belly hennaed yesterday and am hoping that I can get some good photos before baby comes.

I am also not due till Sunday, so we will see how I feel after then though, huh?

Blessings to all the Mamas yet to have their babies.

#79 of 89 Old 02-16-2012, 08:25 AM

I feel like you, HumbleLuna. I'm definitely okay with going to my due date and beyond. I just want baby to come before 42 weeks so I don't need to worry about transfer of care to an OB and possible hospital birth. Plus, I love that this baby will be choosing his birth day unlike DS1 and am enjoying all the changes in my body this time. I've always expected to go past my EDD (though would be pleasantly surprised if I went earlier). Once my kick date comes and once I hit 41 weeks, I'm sure I'll become more anxious, but I'm feeling very relaxed emotionally about it all. Of course, if this little guy gets much lower, I might change my mind since sitting is nearly impossible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumbleLuna View Post

I think I might be the only person yet to have a baby in our DDC who is fine with waiting longer  for my babe. I am due the 19th but am mentally preparing myself to go past that mark. My son( my 2nd babe) was 6 days past his due date and it drove me mad. It moved me into  the next month, so ALL the other mams in my DDC had their babies by then, I had my mom visiting from out of state who had to extend her flight dates twice to go back home who was making me feel even more rushed and stressed out. I was hiking and cleaning like crazy, but he came when he was ready.

Maybe it is because this will be my last pregnancy that I am okay with enjoying the last few moments despite the heartburn and swelling and aches. I didn't get to enjoy this pregnancy int he beginning with Hyperemesis and then anemia in my 7th and 8th month, so I feel pretty good now considering. Now I feel pretty decent I can enjoy the last few moments.

I got my belly hennaed yesterday and am hoping that I can get some good photos before baby comes.

I am also not due till Sunday, so we will see how I feel after then though, huh?

Blessings to all the Mamas yet to have their babies.

Wife to Chris 12/27/07. DS1 Earth Day 2009 (4/22). DS2 March 6th, 2012. nocirc.gif saynovax.gif winner.jpg femalesling.GIFfamilybed2.gif  vbac.gif

#80 of 89 Old 02-16-2012, 12:21 PM

we're having a crazy time here.  breastfeeding was off to a not so great start, i had to use the shield but i think we're finally getting away from it.  i hate it- it puts me emotionally on edge b/c the lactation folks keep reminding me that it makes supply decrease.

baby buck is pretty easygoing and the opposite of his sister when she was born; she was high needs then and seems to love the baby now, but is having some really super duper meltdowns like i've never seen.  and we're still not sure how to deal with them.  i had to actually hold her and restrain her yesterday b/c she got so out of control with her fit that she was flinging herself around and i was afraid she was going to hurt herself-- all for no specific reason, something like i wouldn't let her take a huge glass of water in her room or something like that.  she doesn't act like that all the time but at least twice a day she dissolves into a puddle of screaming.

so you mamas with one already-- are you still sorry you're going past your EDD?  :)  you're better off, i promise!

Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

#81 of 89 Old 02-16-2012, 12:48 PM

I'm definitely enjoying these last days with my DD (17 months) but I can't help that every contraction or cramp or bowel movement makes me hopeful of having this baby! This is the first week I gave in to takeout instead of preparing something from scratch. I'm just exhausted and a little bummed out to not have had my baby especially with everyone on call to help. Sigh. And V-day on sale candy OMG yes I want chocolate. I really want to make cookies but that would require energy and mines sporadic. I hadn't heard liniting sugar to get baby to come out! I'm fed up with trying and just kinda waiting. I remind myself that women in comas have delivered babies with no intervention and I don't need to try. I also was content with an Aquarius but its so out of my hands I can be ok with a Pisces. Just such a weird place to be physically and emotionally. Sorry for typos. On my phone.

Holistic nutritionist, WAHM, new mom of first DD 08/29/10 and a precious baby due 2/13/12!

#82 of 89 Old 02-16-2012, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hildare View Post

we're having a crazy time here.  breastfeeding was off to a not so great start, i had to use the shield but i think we're finally getting away from it.  i hate it- it puts me emotionally on edge b/c the lactation folks keep reminding me that it makes supply decrease.

baby buck is pretty easygoing and the opposite of his sister when she was born; she was high needs then and seems to love the baby now, but is having some really super duper meltdowns like i've never seen.  and we're still not sure how to deal with them.  i had to actually hold her and restrain her yesterday b/c she got so out of control with her fit that she was flinging herself around and i was afraid she was going to hurt herself-- all for no specific reason, something like i wouldn't let her take a huge glass of water in her room or something like that.  she doesn't act like that all the time but at least twice a day she dissolves into a puddle of screaming.

so you mamas with one already-- are you still sorry you're going past your EDD?  :)  you're better off, i promise!

Ha, good point, Hildare! I am wondering what'll happen w/two! My first was also a high needs babe, so hopefully I'll get an easygoing one too this time around!

Honestly, I think a lot of my hurry is to have a week of DH being off and be able to lay around, not even to have the baby! Oh, this weird preggo brain, I sound crazy

#83 of 89 Old 02-16-2012, 02:23 PM

I feel the same YippieHippie - I just want to rest, lay in bed without the hip / back pains, with my baby and my DD and my DH! I'm also excited to see my family who will be on the road as soon as the baby is born. Parenting can feel so isolating sometimes and so monotonous, that this amazing miraculous change ahead of us is exciting and charged!

Holistic nutritionist, WAHM, new mom of first DD 08/29/10 and a precious baby due 2/13/12!

#84 of 89 Old 02-16-2012, 06:43 PM

i am an aquarius and so is this year's Feb. babe.  i hear that people with the same signs get along really well so i am stoked for that.  wonder if she'll be as stubborn as me though?  hmmn... yay for the compassionate-save-the-world part of aquarius.  it's exciting to think of the impact we get to have together.  i love serving with my girls already and seeing their own ideas for helping out come through.  it's just such an exciting part of being with them as they grow up for me.  i love to dream with them about how they want to 'do good'.  when my oldest came up with the idea to collect dog leashes and collars for a dog clinic in bali for her birthday last year, my mama heart was so proud of her.  she asked all of her friends and we took half a suitcase full of stuff, delivered it on her birthday and smiled ear to ear.

we're all good here these days.  nursing, sleeping, resting, eating, reading...going through our days.  DH took 3 days off from work then worked from home every other day this week.  he'll work from home all next week.  unless he's in a meeting, he's available to us lots.  i am super thankful.  he took two months off for our first and was in between contracts with our second so this is the least time he's been 'all' ours.  but, we're having such smooth days that it's really okay.  people bring us food and that is a grand help but not each day.  we're going to use mealbaby a bunch this next month.  our dear friends brought pizza tonight and it was fabulous to be with them.  our whole family is matched up with a friend in their family so it's a delight all around.  we had our first outing with the babe today and all of us went to the library!  woo hoo.  we had books to pick up from the interlibrary loan.  the last time i was at the library was picking up books in early labor!!!  about 3 hours after leaving there, i had a babe in arms.  pretty awesome.

hunbleluna- i think i may have already mentioned that you and my first feb babe have the same birthday.  feb. 23rd was my great grandaddy's birthday, too.  i love that she was born on it!

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
#85 of 89 Old 02-18-2012, 11:56 AM

I must rant:( 

So, yesterday DH got home early and from the time DS woke from nap he was attached to him and didn't seem to be feeling well (after being sick this week). When we tried to put him to bed he had a FIT, screaming and crying. He pulled my hair and hit me and I ended up getting so upset (he is only 22 mo. and normally not at all like that - in fact he's never behaved that way). We ended up letting him stay up with us (missing our alone/relax time), DH took him to bed w/him (in DSs bed) later. I woke around 1:30 to him screaming more. I couldn't get comfortable and didn't fall back asleep until 5, DS and DH woke a bit after that and then I got up. I just couldn't get comfortable, I was miserable!! So I woke up barely being able to function and then DH got a call- his grandfather died. Now, I have a meeting for a group that I lead and no one will volunteer to go step in for me so now I have to go lead a stupid meeting! I seriously feel so awful. If this doesnt' lead to a baby I'll have a meltdown!

OK, done, sorry, I'm just feeling sorry for myself:( Thank God it's the weekend and DH is here to handle DS!

#86 of 89 Old 02-18-2012, 04:07 PM

So rough YippieHippie!! A rough night (wonder what's going on w DS?) Nd a rough day. I can't believe you're 41 weeks and no one would help you!! And I'm so sorry for your family's loss. ((((hugs)))))

#87 of 89 Old 02-18-2012, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yippiehippie View Post

I must rant:( 

So, yesterday DH got home early and from the time DS woke from nap he was attached to him and didn't seem to be feeling well (after being sick this week). When we tried to put him to bed he had a FIT, screaming and crying. He pulled my hair and hit me and I ended up getting so upset (he is only 22 mo. and normally not at all like that - in fact he's never behaved that way). We ended up letting him stay up with us (missing our alone/relax time), DH took him to bed w/him (in DSs bed) later. I woke around 1:30 to him screaming more. I couldn't get comfortable and didn't fall back asleep until 5, DS and DH woke a bit after that and then I got up. I just couldn't get comfortable, I was miserable!! So I woke up barely being able to function and then DH got a call- his grandfather died. Now, I have a meeting for a group that I lead and no one will volunteer to go step in for me so now I have to go lead a stupid meeting! I seriously feel so awful. If this doesnt' lead to a baby I'll have a meltdown!

OK, done, sorry, I'm just feeling sorry for myself:( Thank God it's the weekend and DH is here to handle DS!

So sorry you are dealing with all that stress now. Leading a meeting is the last thing you should be worrying about right now.  I would be very irritated. I hope things calm down for you and you get some good rest tonight.

#88 of 89 Old 02-19-2012, 02:25 AM

Thanks guys:) The mtg was OK, my chiro was the speaker and only 3 other mamas and one hubs showed up (oops, someone forgot to market this month!) and I know them all. DH and DS were w/me and it gave DS time to play with a friend (which he needed). They were all real suppotive, one other being pregs herself, and informal. It was nice. DS had another fit at bedtime:( Poor kid, I think he just doesn't know how to process everything right now and maybe still not feeling 100%. There's an awful flu and other stuff circulating around here and I'm trying so hard to keep us all healthy, hope we didn't get anything today!

#89 of 89 Old 02-19-2012, 05:36 AM

Glad it worked out though it's still rough that you had to do it. Keeping the family healthy and sane seems to be the goal. I'm sure DD picks up on my anxiety. She def gets upset when I'm in discomfort. I worry about the transition a little but I'd rather be working on it w my baby here!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page