Uhmm... February Chat!!!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 89 Old 02-01-2012, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It is now February! Congrats to all the mommies who have already had their babies, and congrats to all the mommies who have kept their babies cooking this long.

How is everyone doing and feeling?

Michele married to Dh since Dec 2000 and happily sharing a home with 3 kitties, 1 doggy, DS R born 8/25/09 into the arms of his mama, and DS E born 2/25/2012

#2 of 89 Old 02-01-2012, 05:56 PM

Yay, we made it. Okay baby, it's time to come out now. Pubis symphysis like crazy and I've been pretty tired the last 2 days but feeling depressingly normal other than that. 

Proud wife to DH, mommy to DD 11/23/07, our little rainbow1284.gif baby boy 2/19/12. We vbac.gifnocirc.gifwinner.jpgcd.gif delayedvax.gifselectivevax.gif.femalesling.GIF

namaste.gif   *****Remember to love your boobies once a month!*** ribbonpink.gif

#3 of 89 Old 02-01-2012, 06:04 PM

Oof.  After a 2 and a half hour drive home (it usually takes 45 minutes), I am in some pain.  Wrists, hips, back, etc.  Happily, it's slightly better after a hot shower and my husband has promised me a massage.  And, the baby is super duper active. 

Nothing happening for me for a while, I've still got 3 weeks, but that's fine with me!  I've got a big job interview next week, and then I'll feel ready to start mentally preparing. 

Good luck and love to all the mamas!

1st baby, born 2/25/12. femalesling.GIF. Married to environmentalist treehugger.gif husband, trying to stay calm and trust my body. namaste.gif

#4 of 89 Old 02-01-2012, 06:23 PM

Eww, I have a really hard time in the car for more than 1 hour at a time so that must have been really awful. A job interview? Wow good luck!

Proud wife to DH, mommy to DD 11/23/07, our little rainbow1284.gif baby boy 2/19/12. We vbac.gifnocirc.gifwinner.jpgcd.gif delayedvax.gifselectivevax.gif.femalesling.GIF

namaste.gif   *****Remember to love your boobies once a month!*** ribbonpink.gif

#5 of 89 Old 02-01-2012, 06:50 PM
Rin

Still pregnant. Saturday is the "due date". Very active baby. Yesterday felt really weird and spacy with lower backaches randomly throughout the day never closer than an hour.  Today NADA. SO ready to be done. Scheduled an accupuncture appointment for Sunday Afternoon. I went three weeks over with DS so mentally trying to prepare myself for that this time,but not doing so great at it. I'm very happy for those mamas that have birtheed their babies, or are birthing them right now!! YAY! :)

Birth Doula and Owner of an online natural baby boutique. Aspiring to be a Midwife.

Wife to Chef DH, Mom to DS (4/15/08), and DS (2/11/12) joy.gif

cd.gifintactlact.giffuzmalesling.giffamilybed1.gif

#6 of 89 Old 02-01-2012, 07:14 PM - Thread Starter

I'm, luckily, not in any pain, but I am eager to meet this little guy. I have started to REALLY think about how everything changes, so, that has slowed me down some. Really trying to cherish to down time, and these moments with my son.

And Rin, it is ridiculous how active this baby is. My son was never this rough. I keep worrying he is going to break my bag of waters, and then start to wonder what kind of handful he is going to be. Holy ughh!!!

TeamGR, I don't think I would be brave enough for a ride like that right now. Even though I have two weeks left.

I do wonder who is going to be next, and check each morning for a new update!!

Can't wait to start reading some more birth stories, too.

Michele married to Dh since Dec 2000 and happily sharing a home with 3 kitties, 1 doggy, DS R born 8/25/09 into the arms of his mama, and DS E born 2/25/2012

#7 of 89 Old 02-02-2012, 12:16 AM

Yeah, I love reading about the newbies too...it gives me hope, lol! 

I bought 2 pineapples yesterday, vacuumed the house, did a bunch of yoga, went shopping, and bounced on the birth ball. Just more pressure down there, that's it:( Come out baby, I'm sick of this, arg!

I've never done accupunture, maybe I'll schedule an appt. too! 

I just feel so ready, mentally, and physically - why doesn't my babe (whine)?!

Lovin my boys jumpers.gifDH, DS1 (4/7/10), and DS2 (2/19/12)...and - surprise! - another on the way
#8 of 89 Old 02-02-2012, 05:53 AM

going to chiro this morning, picking up books from the library that we requested and then just enjoying the day homeschooling my lil ones.  getting a massage tonight!  

yesterday was my last acupuncture visit.  she has been so great each week.  it's neat that she even had a homebirth with my same mw years ago!  she said, "okay, go have a baby!" and gave me a hug at the end of our visit yesterday.  

feeling excited and as ready as I am going to be.  feeling much better from sunday night and my birthday.  had a special birthday dinner out with dear friends on tuesday with yummy food.  now, we take it easy without much planned other than having a babe and snuggling it up as s/he nurses.  we're still working on names that we like but don't usually name the babe until we meet it face to face anyway.  and, the joy of a homebirth is that there's lots of time to file a birth certificate!  

love to you, fellow February mamas!  It's our month, as we've all been waiting for.

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
#9 of 89 Old 02-02-2012, 10:32 AM

It's my "due" date! I am officially the most pregnant I have ever been. My boys both came early so just waiting, waiting....Full moon is on Tuesday so maybe this weekend or early next week. :)

Going for a pedicure this afternoon while I wait for my mom to get in on her flight. At lease she will be here for this birth too. She was here for my second sons birth and it was GREAT! She is so great with the kids and babies. I am very fortunate that this time she is here for 26 days! Tomorrow I plan on working and then done for a month. Baby better come soon so I can take full advantage of the time with him/her.

Congrats to all the new babies mommies! I hope to join you soon with my birth story.

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#10 of 89 Old 02-02-2012, 12:17 PM

OH NO! I hadn't even thought to look at the moon. DD was born the day before the full moon. I CANNOT have this baby Sunday or Monday. Not to mention DH and I are fighting, the day before my birthday non the less... GOSH I feel so emotional, I hate this, crying at everything. I'm I 37 weeks pregnant or 7 weeks pregnant. Sigh...

#11 of 89 Old 02-02-2012, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturegirl View Post

It's my "due" date! I am officially the most pregnant I have ever been. My boys both came early so just waiting, waiting....Full moon is on Tuesday so maybe this weekend or early next week. :)

Going for a pedicure this afternoon while I wait for my mom to get in on her flight. At lease she will be here for this birth too. She was here for my second sons birth and it was GREAT! She is so great with the kids and babies. I am very fortunate that this time she is here for 26 days! Tomorrow I plan on working and then done for a month. Baby better come soon so I can take full advantage of the time with him/her.

Congrats to all the new babies mommies! I hope to join you soon with my birth story.

Aww, your babe's been waiting for grandma for you, how sweet! So happy yyou'll have help, I'm sure you'll need it with 2 other boys! My mom would be the last person I'd want here. She had me at home and had 6 kids, but seems to forget how hard it is. She would just sit around wanting to hold the baby, ordering fast food and sitting on her lazy butt (yeah, we're not close!!).

I wish my sister could be here, she had her last 2 unassisted and would be amazing, but single w/5 kids and halfway accross the country? Nope, not gonna happen:( 

BTW, I'm squatting eating pinapple right now, any day now would be greatwhistling.gif

Lovin my boys jumpers.gifDH, DS1 (4/7/10), and DS2 (2/19/12)...and - surprise! - another on the way
#12 of 89 Old 02-02-2012, 06:38 PM - Thread Starter

My goodness, why am I always sweating like a crazy person in the evenings. It's not even hot in here. Every night, same thing!!

and Maternalove, sorry you are going through so much stress right now, and are so emotional. I hope it will all pass, and you will find some peace before baby comes.

Glad everyone else sounds like they are doing great!! And yippiehippie, love the image of you squatting while eating pineapple. hah!

#13 of 89 Old 02-02-2012, 07:28 PM

Thanks girl! Ya know I've been sweating too LOL I find that eating ice is the only thing that helps. Kind of hurts my teeth but def regulates my body temp. I can't have sugar other wise I'd just be eating Popsicles maybe you could give that a try.

It doesn't help that it's been like in the 60s.... Um I thought by having a winter baby we got to get out of that nasty hot sweaty 3rd trimester.... LOL, guess mother nature has other plans.

#14 of 89 Old 02-02-2012, 08:20 PM

Glad February is finally here, but it seems that now I'm even more impatient. Due date is on Saturday, so I'm just trying to be as patient as possible. DH thinks the baby is going to decide to come on Super Bowl Sunday when he wants to watch the game, LOL. I ran lots of errands today. Took the kids to the library and stocked up on groceries (and pineapples). Please baby come this week, so I can make someone else grocery shop next week.praying.gif

Happily married since '06 joy.gif SAHM to DS biggrinbounce.gif Asher born April of '08 and DD energy.gifEvangeline born April of '09. Expecting stork-suprise.gif and planning our first h20homebirth.gif in February of 2012.

#15 of 89 Old 02-03-2012, 04:47 AM

40 weeks on Sunday but I am NOT naming my child after a quarterback if he arrives then, lol.  As I belatedly posted in the January thread, we had a bit of a worry about inadequate growth this past week but it turned out the fundal height measurements were just wonky (which doesn't surprise me, since he likes to hang out with butt wayyyy off to one side and stretch out his legs).  U/s suggests he looks like a great average size at the moment.  Feeling blessed in so many ways right now - mild winter, healthy baby, healthy DD, and my mom is here helping out.

Gunter, glad you are feeling better!  Funny that we seem to have so many Aquarians having Feb babies.

Maternalove, I hope your storms blow over soon.  hug2.gif

And oh yeah, I am hot hot hot here too, but fortunately it's decently cold outside/cool in the house.  People look at me a little funny when I'm out in a T-shirt and a cardigan in 30 degree weather.  

grateful mama to DD1, born before the robins came, 2010.  excited to welcome a little man into the world in early February 2012! kid.gif

#16 of 89 Old 02-03-2012, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blueheron View Post

40 weeks on Sunday but I am NOT naming my child after a quarterback if he arrives then, lol.  

Ha ha! Tom or Eli? I'm getting lots of this in my family too! My DS #2 was born the day the Yankees won the World Series (no, I'm not a baseball fan) and my DS#1 was born into a *very* Irish family on St. Patrick's Day. So everyone is just dying to pin their hopes onto a Super Bowl baby. I just want him out soon! I'm two past my due date now...I know that's not a lot, but something about "overdue" really messes with your head! I think I'll go squat and eat some pineapple with Yippiehippie! 

#17 of 89 Old 02-03-2012, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maternalove View Post

OH NO! I hadn't even thought to look at the moon. DD was born the day before the full moon. I CANNOT have this baby Sunday or Monday. Not to mention DH and I are fighting, the day before my birthday non the less... GOSH I feel so emotional, I hate this, crying at everything. I'm I 37 weeks pregnant or 7 weeks pregnant. Sigh...

Me too! Extremely emotional and weepy:( DH and I have fought all week and all I want is to be alone. This morning I just couldn't stop crying. I thought this was supposed to happen after baby comes, not before!! DS has been crazy clingy and sometimes it's great and sometimes I jsut want to lose my cool (and do). Our house is on edge now, the tension is so high, the emotions so out of control. I know it'll get better as soon as birthing time starts so hopefully that'll be soon.

I've checked myself the last couple days and no changes, still around 1-2 cent. but babe's been moving around more and know that's a good sign!

#18 of 89 Old 02-03-2012, 11:46 AM

Oh, I'm definitely squatting and eating pineapple here!  I didn't even realize the supposed benefits of eating pineapple, i've just been craving it for a few weeks!luxlove.gif  After having ridiculous prodromal labor all week and last night from midnight till 4 a.m. every 3-5 minutes...my midwife said I am ONLY a fingertip, 50% and still posterior...UGH!!!!  This is NOT how I labored with my previous three children!!!!  The contractions I felt last night were JUST like my worst contractions with the other labors.  This one is a decade later and different genetics so I expected some differences but not this much!uhoh3.gif  I am willing myself to relax now and not psych myself out.  Dh thinks it would be pretty fabulous to have baby on Superbowl Sunday.  We will see!  Congrats to everyone that is now babymooning and hang in there to all of us still waiting!  blowkiss.gif

#19 of 89 Old 02-03-2012, 12:49 PM

1bighappyfamily, this labor was a curveball for me, much longer, much more intense, very wonderful in ways I wasn't expecting. You'll get there!

bf.jpg Sami brokenheart.gif, wife to jammin.gif, mama to reading.gif Tate 10/14/05, moon.gifKaleb 12/17/07, angel.gifcandleflicker2.gif Bram 3/13/10-11/17/12, mischievous.gif Alden 2/1/12, pos.gif October 2014
 homeschool.gifvbac.gifuc.jpg 

#20 of 89 Old 02-03-2012, 02:10 PM
Rin

Here's the update on todays shenanigans folks.....
I had an appointment at 11 this morning. Everything was perfect until it came time to take my blood pressure. It was very high. So high in fact that my midiwife told me that if it dint' come down I would have to be "risked out" of her care, put on bedrest and induced. She gave me two options.
Option 1-Do some deep breathing and relaxing..., retake the BP and get some immediate accupuncture which would do two things.....1)lower my BP, 2) Start the "induction" process.
Option 2- "Strip" my membranes
I went with number 1 because I haven't had any prelabor anything and don't want to rush things, especially since I feel fine and have had no signs of preeclampsia or high blood pressure.

Now my 'homework" is to relax, stimulate some accupressure points, yoga, squat and eat slippery foods.

Come on baby!

I don't want a hospital birth!

Birth Doula and Owner of an online natural baby boutique. Aspiring to be a Midwife.

#21 of 89 Old 02-03-2012, 04:16 PM

You can do it, Rin's Baby!  Listen to Mama!

1st baby, born 2/25/12. femalesling.GIF. Married to environmentalist treehugger.gif husband, trying to stay calm and trust my body. namaste.gif

#22 of 89 Old 02-03-2012, 06:12 PM

Oh, Rin- I had one spike in my BP with my first.  Never had it after that or again in any other pregnancies.  Have you done any research on taking Hawthorn as a tincture to help lower it?  Best to you.  

So, I am curious if anyone else was having more Braxton Hicks at 35 weeks than at 38 weeks?  B/c I am barely having any these days but was having so many more then!  Odd?  

I went to my breastfeeding support group this morning, out for Indian food then we walked around the botanical gardens.  It was a great day.  I was soooooo tired by the afternoon when we got home that I read on my side while the gals played.  I so appreciate Aviva Jill Romm!  We had family dinner with our dear friends this evening.  They are so trying to will me into labor- haha.  I love their love for us and all the questions they have about the babe coming.  Months ago they drew the coolest pictures of our family and me preggo with this babe.  Still hanging on our fridge b/c it's so warms my heart.  

Hope you all have wonderful weekends! 

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
#23 of 89 Old 02-03-2012, 06:30 PM - Thread Starter

Gunter, I did have more BH and cervical twinges then than I do now. The only time I get BHs is when the baby is moving (causing them), or feel anything in my cervix is when the baby feels like he is going to bust an arm through. Such a rough one this one is.

And no globs from my mucus plug like I had at 37 weeks.

I try not to let it get to me.

#24 of 89 Old 02-04-2012, 01:16 AM

I was just thinking about how few BHs I've had recently! Definitely used to have more and it's harder to bring them on now. Wonder why?

#25 of 89 Old 02-04-2012, 04:37 AM

So interesting, I also feel like I had more stuff going on a couple of weeks ago at 37-38 weeks (BHs, mucus plug loss, crampy feelings), and it's all slowed down since then.  I had just chalked it up to my mom being here and me getting more rest, but who knows.

grateful mama to DD1, born before the robins came, 2010.  excited to welcome a little man into the world in early February 2012! kid.gif

#26 of 89 Old 02-04-2012, 06:31 AM
Rin

Today is my due date and I have officially run out of things to keep me busy. Any suggestions? The in-laws have taken DS for the weekend, and DH is working. I really don't know what to do with myself. I'm planning on yoga, some laundry and a long nap. I have an accupuncture appointment tomorrow.

#27 of 89 Old 02-04-2012, 07:29 AM

Rin, oh the wonders of youtube... it's a very interesting site. I seriously find the most interesting videos on there. Or a lot of stores have spring stuff out. Window shopping for cute spring baby clothes? And last but not least as it's my favorite time passer, go to the book store get some tea or coffee or coco and read a book or a mag. It sounds so silly but I swear it's like THE most relaxing thing ever, for me at least. Good luck, it won't be Too much longer now.

And to everyone else, I to have had a HUGE slow down in BH and other labor signs.... very interesting....

#28 of 89 Old 02-04-2012, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin View Post

Today is my due date and I have officially run out of things to keep me busy. Any suggestions? The in-laws have taken DS for the weekend, and DH is working. I really don't know what to do with myself. I'm planning on yoga, some laundry and a long nap. I have an accupuncture appointment tomorrow.

I have an idea!  I was just thinking I might make some "activity bags" for DD.  So, like, a recipe for playdough, all the ingredients, etc., set aside in a bag so that I don't have to look anything up/buy anything/etc in order to have an activity ready on a day when we can't go out.  There are lots of websites with cool activity ideas that always seem too ambitious but I'm hoping that this approach will inspire me to actually do some stuff.

Then again, reading a magazine in a book store sounds awfully nice!!

#29 of 89 Old 02-04-2012, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin View Post

I'm feeling the same way, today is my due date as well. I'm hoping for some baby action this weekend. I want to start reading another book, but I'm afraid I'll get sucked into a good one and then baby will come and I'll never finish it. The waiting game is driving me insane. DD was 11 days early and DS was induced for the Dr.s convenience (first time mom and didn't know any better at the time) so this will be my first time going over 40 weeks. I'm trying not to get discouraged til I hit at least 42 weeks, but I hope baby doesn't make me wait that long.

Happily married since '06 joy.gif SAHM to DS biggrinbounce.gif Asher born April of '08 and DD energy.gifEvangeline born April of '09. Expecting stork-suprise.gif and planning our first h20homebirth.gif in February of 2012.

#30 of 89 Old 02-04-2012, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maternalove View Post

Rin, oh the wonders of youtube... it's a very interesting site. I seriously find the most interesting videos on there. Or a lot of stores have spring stuff out. Window shopping for cute spring baby clothes? And last but not least as it's my favorite time passer, go to the book store get some tea or coffee or coco and read a book or a mag. It sounds so silly but I swear it's like THE most relaxing thing ever, for me at least. Good luck, it won't be Too much longer now.

And to everyone else, I to have had a HUGE slow down in BH and other labor signs.... very interesting....

I've spent so much time these last few days watching birth videos on youtubelurk.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page