Acupuncture (or any other tips) for swelling? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 02-02-2012, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi ladies.  Three weeks to go and I just.keep.swelling.  No preeclampsia, thankfully.  I've gained about 25 lbs of water in the last two months and can barely move at this point.

Has anyone had luck in using acupuncture to help reduce swelling?  I already elevate my feet, keep the sodium intake down and drink tons of water.  I need to bring out the big guns.

Thanks!!!

#2 of 5 Old 02-02-2012, 05:29 PM

Increase your salt intake! I know that sounds counter-intuitive but during pregnancy your body will hold onto water if its low in salt, so in moderation add some salt to your diet. The idea is to salt to taste, but I generally hate salt (except for when I'm pregnant actually) so just don't limit it.

DD Seraphina born at home on 2/21/2012! 

"Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
#3 of 5 Old 02-02-2012, 05:29 PM

I don't know if it's the accupuncture, but last pregnancy I swelled up a lot. This time I saw an accupuncturist for most of my pregnancy and I'm 38w 1d and have absoluetly no swelling yet!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Memz, with mylove.gif and mommy  of babygirl.gif born 01/17/10 and 3 cat.gif familybed1.gifsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.gif

***4** *8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**stork-boy.gif40

#4 of 5 Old 02-03-2012, 11:50 AM

acupuncture, high protein, high salt, cell salts:  nat mur and nat phos and nat sulph

chicken3.gif   We're remote ECing, unschooling, free ranging goat dairy farmers.  

#5 of 5 Old 02-03-2012, 12:29 PM

You could also try taking a bath w/ 1-2 cups epsom salts form the drugstore.  My midwives recommended this for my minor ankle swelling and varicose veins.  Feel better!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page