overwhelmed... Sorry I just really need to vent a little. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-02-2012, 06:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm so sick of DH right now. I can't stop crying and I just want him to go away. He's been so nasty to DD. He's got such an attitude and I feel SOOOOOOOOO under appreciated. He acts like I don't do shit around here everyday. He's always asking "well what did you do today?"

Well let's see, I took care of a 4 year old, I did your laundry, I cooked your dinner, I cleaned your dishes, I made your bed, I grew your baby, I cleaned your bathroom, I went and bought your groceries! What the eff did YOU do today? Oh wait you went to work, came home sat on your ass, played on your computer, at your dinner and went to bed. UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGg 

He's SUPPOSED to be working on our kitchen which he began remodeling in December and it was supposed to be done before this baby gets here which it's not going to be. He was supposed to stop smoking before this baby got here and he hasn't even STARTED on that.

He went skiing without me and spent god only knows how much money $200 or so. Has bought all these toys for his camera which has totaled like $150 but when I want to go to the damn chiropractor I BECAUSE I"M IN PAIN i get a rash of shit for spending money. Or when I buy an $8 nursing gown I get the "disappointed" look. Or when I talk about buy more diapers I get "well I'm going to need a figure on how much more this is going to cost." and then he gets all pissed off and goes to bed.

I'm so freaking tired of this. No I don't work but I'm doing my damn best to save us as much as possible. I THOUGHT we decided to have this baby together but it doesn't feel like that any more. All I want to do is cry. I don't know what to do. This poor kid isn't ever going to have what he  needs b/c I'm too scared to buy him anything. 

I just feel like a total failure and totally unsupported by the ONE person I need to be supportive right now.

Okay vent over. Sigh I can't wait till it's bed time for DD. I just want to go to sleep and I know DH won't put her to bed.

Proud wife to DH, mommy to DD 11/23/07, our little rainbow1284.gif baby boy 2/19/12. We vbac.gifnocirc.gifwinner.jpgcd.gif delayedvax.gifselectivevax.gif.femalesling.GIF

namaste.gif   *****Remember to love your boobies once a month!*** ribbonpink.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2012, 06:19 PM

hug2.gif Ugh! I'm sorry you have to deal with this, it sounds so frustrating! I SAH, too so I understand the feeling that you work hard and try to save the family money. He may not get it, but $8 is fantastic for a nursing gown! I paid $11 for mine on clearance and was thrilled. I'm hoping this is late-pregnancy nerves and hormones and stress for both of you, and that it will blow over by the time you're holding your new sweet babe in your arms.

A good long cry and maybe a hot soak in the tub sound like they could at least take the edge off. We're so close to the finish line now!

Old 02-02-2012, 09:34 PM

I feel your pain. DH and I have been at eachother this last week or so. I think we are both just really stressed. We are also remodeling and I thought everything would be done by the time the baby arrived, but it's just not gonna happen at this point. I am also a SAHM and we moms understand that it's a full time job and then some. I think our husbands just don't get how much work it actually is. There are no breaks, paychecks, or anyone patting you on the back saying "Keep up the amazing work." I agree with GoddessKristie A good long cry and a bath sound like just the cure for some stress relief. Hang in there Momma, this too shall pass.grouphug.gif

Happily married since '06 joy.gif SAHM to DS biggrinbounce.gif Asher born April of '08 and DD energy.gifEvangeline born April of '09. Expecting stork-suprise.gif and planning our first h20homebirth.gif in February of 2012.

Old 02-03-2012, 12:48 PM

I've barely spoken to DH all week. I'm totally feeling your pain. It's like their pregnant too and feel their allowed to have attitude. Excuse me, but last I check we're the ones going through this torture (for lack of a better word!).  They will never ever understand how this is on us, especially after this long (aam I the only one that feels like I've been pregnant for 9 years?).

So this weekend I threatened divorce and everything, I'm so sick of him and everything! Every day this week after he's come home I go into the bedroom and close the door and knit, read, listen to hypnobabies, or whatever else I find relaxing while he watches DS and puts him to bed. I've chosen not to deal with it right now and it's actually been nice. I haven't made one dinner this week, not like I normally would anyway (I make everything from scratch normally).

For me, it's not really DH, I'm just sooooo emotional! Everything is a huge deal. The person leading the lesson in the homeschool grp I ran cancelled this morning and I started crying and couldn't stop...WTF?!

I hope for us this passes (have you tried Motherwort? or Natural Calm?)

Lovin my boys jumpers.gifDH, DS1 (4/7/10), and DS2 (2/19/12)...and - surprise! - another on the way
Old 02-03-2012, 01:24 PM

I want to write a book about men and their entitlement complex. I don't get it. I do know that I am going to do my best to raise my son differently. So many women, especially SAHM's, experience this. When are they going to fully understand that we are not household appliances? I'm sorry mama. This is a challenging time anyway. You shouldn't have to feel this way.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter

@mommie22, LOL it does seem to be that way for most of them huh?

LOL, just knowing I'm not the only one makes me feel SOOO much better. Thank you ladies. I wrote him a LONGGGGGG email last night and put it all out there and he's been super sweet to me today, but then again it IS my birthday so he'd better be on his best behavior. 

I haven't really taken anything except chamomile. And my mom is babysitting DD tonight so that will be a nice break. (anyone else have an OVERLY affectionate 4 year old) I love her to death but at some point around 1pm and the 100th time she's hugged me and said "I love you" it's always like GEEZ..... mom needs a little elbow room. Gosh I feel horrible for even saying that. 

Anyway I feel a lot better, I think that letter was very therapeutic for me. Better out then in right?

Proud wife to DH, mommy to DD 11/23/07, our little rainbow1284.gif baby boy 2/19/12. We vbac.gifnocirc.gifwinner.jpgcd.gif delayedvax.gifselectivevax.gif.femalesling.GIF

namaste.gif   *****Remember to love your boobies once a month!*** ribbonpink.gif

Old 02-03-2012, 11:12 PM

When I was growing up, we had several pregnant cats. They would get to a point in their pregnancy where petting them would result in a hiss. I'm feeling pretty hissy these days and I also have a very affectionate child. I love him dearly, but, at the same time, I'm getting to that point... Glad you're feeling better. I always feels good to just let them know how you feel. And.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!  

User Tag List