Overdue Thread! - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-06-2012, 04:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtn.mama View Post

...sending love and hope to our mamas that are still in waiting...

Thank you!hug2.gif

treehugger.gifMamaknit.gifsewmachine.gifmodifiedartist.gif to one cool girlREPlaySkateboard04HL.gif4/3/01 and a sweet boysuperhero.gif1/1/08...and joy.gifsweet Goobie Rue born 3/6/12

**formerly known as Mamablueberry**

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2012, 04:54 PM

Odinsmommy- I am thinking of you and hope you are in baby bliss.

treehugger.gifMamaknit.gifsewmachine.gifmodifiedartist.gif to one cool girlREPlaySkateboard04HL.gif4/3/01 and a sweet boysuperhero.gif1/1/08...and joy.gifsweet Goobie Rue born 3/6/12

Old 03-07-2012, 01:01 PM

The silence on this thread is making me really hopeful for our last few mamas!!!  Looking forward to some updates.  :)

grateful mama to DD1, born before the robins came, 2010.  excited to welcome a little man into the world in early February 2012! kid.gif

Old 03-07-2012, 05:04 PM

Me too!

Jen
Homeschooling mom to A 16, P 15, S 10, L 8 and S 2.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:05 PM

After 44 hours of labor including nearly 2 hours of pushing, Dexter Daniel (43w 3 almost 4d) was born via amazing hospital VBAC after HBAC transfer at 11:58 pm Tuesday, March 6th. While it wasn't the homebirth I wanted or envisioned, it was exactly what baby and mommy needed. He weighed a whopping 9lbs 14.5 oz, with an ascyclintic head presentation. We're both tired but recovering well. My midwife was amazingly supportive throughout the whole process. More details to come later. 

Hope everyone else is blessed with beautiful experiences in our postdate and post term pregnancies. 

Wife to Chris 12/27/07. DS1 Earth Day 2009 (4/22). DS2 March 6th, 2012. nocirc.gif saynovax.gif winner.jpg femalesling.GIFfamilybed2.gif  vbac.gif

Old 03-07-2012, 05:08 PM

Congratulations!

Jen
Homeschooling mom to A 16, P 15, S 10, L 8 and S 2.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:11 PM

So happy for you!

Holistic nutritionist, WAHM, new mom of first DD 08/29/10 and a precious baby due 2/13/12!

Old 03-07-2012, 05:35 PM

joy.gif

grateful mama to DD1, born before the robins came, 2010.  excited to welcome a little man into the world in early February 2012! kid.gif

Old 03-08-2012, 02:26 AM

Oh wow. That was a lot of work. I hope you have a lot of rest and a great recovery.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:03 PM

Congrats OdinsMommy! I hope you are feeling positive about your birth and are enjoying your new blessing! Our babes share a Birthday, after all that waiting! Isn't is fantastic we don't have to wait anymore!

My beautiful baby girl, Nalah Penelope was welcomed earth side on March 6th at 11:30 pm (16 days after her due date!) weighing 9lbs 7 oz!

The birth went so fast, my water broke at 10pm, we got the the birth center at 10:30 and she was born around 11:30!  I had contractions before my water broke but they were not painful enough for me to even know if it was the real thing or not(despite being 2 weeks overdue).

The birth was beautiful and terrifying. Scary moments for both baby(baby getting stuck after her head was born) and me when I had a pretty severe hemorrhage after the birth of the placenta.

I am still processing the birth and deciding if I want to share the details or not.  I don't want to scare other mamas out there.

I am so thankful we are both here and well, the best blessing ever...and thanking god it turned out well in the end.

Old 03-09-2012, 04:28 AM

So happy for you!  And so glad you and baby Nalah are ok  hug.gif

Old 03-12-2012, 10:08 AM

Yay Odin'sMommy & HumbleLuna!!! My little man is here as well, just one day after your babes!!!

24 days after his original due date and 4 days after his later adjusted due date. He was definitely an over due baby with absolutely no vertex, no fine hair, a little balding and the placenta was aged. More intense contractions picked up around 6pm on the 7th (I started having first contractions at 9am but went out and about during the day and was fine, just stopping to breath sometimes), my water broke at 10pm in the tub and I immediately started pushing, he was born at 11:20pm. 7lbs 14oz, 20 inches long. It was very intense for me and I have some very bad third degree tearing, scrapes, etc. etc. so I haven't been out of bed much but am so happy everything was so straight forward and I am able to rest and heal at home. My midwives and doula were incredible and hopefully I will be feeling better soon!

Old 03-12-2012, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassandra O View Post

Yay Odin'sMommy & HumbleLuna!!! My little man is here as well, just one day after your babes!!!

24 days after his original due date and 4 days after his later adjusted due date. He was definitely an over due baby with absolutely no vertex, no fine hair, a little balding and the placenta was aged. More intense contractions picked up around 6pm on the 7th (I started having first contractions at 9am but went out and about during the day and was fine, just stopping to breath sometimes), my water broke at 10pm in the tub and I immediately started pushing, he was born at 11:20pm. 7lbs 14oz, 20 inches long. It was very intense for me and I have some very bad third degree tearing, scrapes, etc. etc. so I haven't been out of bed much but am so happy everything was so straight forward and I am able to rest and heal at home. My midwives and doula were incredible and hopefully I will be feeling better soon!

Congratulations! Sounds like quite an experience!

Holistic nutritionist, WAHM, new mom of first DD 08/29/10 and a precious baby due 2/13/12!

Old 03-12-2012, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumbleLuna View Post

Congrats OdinsMommy! I hope you are feeling positive about your birth and are enjoying your new blessing! Our babes share a Birthday, after all that waiting! Isn't is fantastic we don't have to wait anymore!

My beautiful baby girl, Nalah Penelope was welcomed earth side on March 6th at 11:30 pm (16 days after her due date!) weighing 9lbs 7 oz!

The birth went so fast, my water broke at 10pm, we got the the birth center at 10:30 and she was born around 11:30!  I had contractions before my water broke but they were not painful enough for me to even know if it was the real thing or not(despite being 2 weeks overdue).

The birth was beautiful and terrifying. Scary moments for both baby(baby getting stuck after her head was born) and me when I had a pretty severe hemorrhage after the birth of the placenta.

I am still processing the birth and deciding if I want to share the details or not.  I don't want to scare other mamas out there.

I am so thankful we are both here and well, the best blessing ever...and thanking god it turned out well in the end.

I had a scary birth w DD1 as well and I'm so sorry because I know how much processing it can take to heal. I'm glad you're feeling blessed and have a healthy baby!

Old 03-12-2012, 11:25 PM

HumbleLuna, our babies were born the same day!! :D 

OdinsMommy, I'm so happy that you got your VBAC! It sounds like you worked SO very hard for you and your sweet baby boy!

Cassandra O, what a quick labor! I wish you a speedy recovery!

As for me, my water broke at 11:30pm one week ago and contractions started immediately. My MW was here in an hour and by around 2:30am I was feeling pushy. Since the baby was breech, my MW instructed me to breath through cx for about 30 minutes without pushing. That was the hardest thing EVER and I found myself yelling through each contraction trying not to push. 30 minutes later, she could still feel a band of cervix remaining, but I was so close to full dilation that she said to go ahead and go with my urge in hopes that this would help push it out of the way. I pushed for another hour in the pool, on the birth stool and on my bed and still that band remained. I was becoming exhausted and extremely frustrated. It was so bizarre because every time I pushed her down, I could feel her whole body wiggle right back up! It hurt so bad when she did that! So finally at around 4:00am, we decided to transfer to the hospital since she was clearly not descending and I was too tired to keep pushing. Lastly, the band of cervix still remained, so we felt very good about the decision to transfer and my MW called ahead to brief everyone on what was going on. 

Unfortunately, upon arrival the staff was horribly rude to me and rough with me. I was having cx every 1.5-2 minutes and was needing to concentrate and breath through each one as to avoid pushing. Then I discovered that the doctor on call was my doctor. At first I was relieved, but when he showed up, he looked at me, and while shaking his head condescendingly said, "what have you done?" Then he said, "don't worry Shannon, we *may* be able to save your baby." No kidding. This is seriously what he said to me, right before I wend under general anesthesia. I requested an epidural so that I could be awake for the surgery since the section wasn't emergency (we were both doing fine, just no progress was being made) but they denied my request and put me under instead. Then they wouldn't allow my husband to be there with me. It was nearly 4 hours before I saw my daughter and husband after the surgery. This is the black spot on an otherwise very happy birth. Without going into more detail, my husband and I are taking action. There is no way we will be treated that way and do nothing. 

At any rate, once I was finally reunited with my sweet baby, everything else melted away. She was a beautiful 10lbs 2oz and 22 inches long! She is the spitting image of my husband, which is so sweet because our first daughter looks just like me :) She nursed right away and has been a pro nurser ever since! She's also a very calm, easy going baby and will sleep anywhere I put her, so she's just been so very delightful to have around :D

Hoping everyone is enjoying their baby moons!!!

Wife to my heartbeat.gifDHheartbeat.gif since 2002, and mama to my AMAZING little girls (2/2009 & 3/2012), a sweet little angel1.gif in heaven (3/2008) and hoping for another healthybabyf.gif 1/20/2015!    

User Tag List