Overdue Thread! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 165 Old 02-05-2012, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anyone else want to commiserate with me?

#2 of 165 Old 02-05-2012, 02:36 PM

I am overdue too. Just 3 days and I don't think it will be much longer. Had some spotting today and my lower back is achy today. :) How overdue are you?

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#3 of 165 Old 02-05-2012, 05:03 PM
Rin

Count me in! I really shouldn't be surprised...DS was 20 days late. 

Right now i'm only 1 day over-but no signs of impending labor.

I guess I'm a slow/long cooker. 

Birth Doula and Owner of an online natural baby boutique. Aspiring to be a Midwife.

Wife to Chef DH, Mom to DS (4/15/08), and DS (2/11/12) joy.gif

cd.gifintactlact.giffuzmalesling.giffamilybed1.gif

#4 of 165 Old 02-05-2012, 07:45 PM

I'm also over my due date. Only one day, but this waiting is making me crazy. My DH keeps telling me the baby's going to come on the 17th. I sure hope baby doesn't wait that long. Please come out baby.......I surrender bow.gif

Happily married since '06 joy.gif SAHM to DS biggrinbounce.gif Asher born April of '08 and DD energy.gifEvangeline born April of '09. Expecting stork-suprise.gif and planning our first h20homebirth.gif in February of 2012.

#5 of 165 Old 02-06-2012, 07:32 AM - Thread Starter

I'm 5 days past my due date now. I know that isn't a lot, but still the waiting kind of messes with your head a little bit! I was certain that things were starting up last Thursday, then nothing over the weekend. I just can't even imagine another week of business as usual...just waiting for this little guy to come.

#6 of 165 Old 02-07-2012, 04:00 PM

Well I was right...Baby #3 was born less then 12 hours after posting on the "overdue thread". My little guy was born at 12:37 am on the 6th of February. I hope more "overdue" babies make the journey soon!!

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#7 of 165 Old 02-07-2012, 07:59 PM

well naturegirl, just in case it was posting here that did it for you....tomorrow I'm officially "overdue"!

Katie, wife to the one, mother to Henry and Ruby.
#8 of 165 Old 02-08-2012, 02:21 PM

40w 3d here.  Not terribly overdue, but DH is supposed to fly cross-country for a conference this weekend, which is sort of complicated!  So hopefully we'll see some action before then.  orngtongue.gif

grateful mama to DD1, born before the robins came, 2010.  excited to welcome a little man into the world in early February 2012! kid.gif

#9 of 165 Old 02-08-2012, 08:26 PM

Well.. Today was my EDD so I'm gonna go ahead and put myself in this group :)

Wife since 2004. Mommy to DS (2005) and DD (2008) and my hopefully VBA2C baby DD due Feb 2012!

lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifribboncesarean.giffamilybed2.gif

#10 of 165 Old 02-09-2012, 08:39 AM
Rin

Today I'm 40 and 5 days. According to my Midwife, I'm not "overdue" until I reach 42 weeks- - - WHATEVER! Waiting, waiting, waiting........

Birth Doula and Owner of an online natural baby boutique. Aspiring to be a Midwife.

#11 of 165 Old 02-09-2012, 01:07 PM

Overdue like a library book! I'm at 40w6d. Had an u/s on Tuesday and my amniotic fluid is a little borderline; getting rechecked tomorrow. Anyone else in that boat? I'm hoping baby comes on her own before next week so that we can avoid an induction...

#12 of 165 Old 02-09-2012, 01:15 PM

Did they tell you what your AFI number was?  I had this issue last time with DD.  

grateful mama to DD1, born before the robins came, 2010.  excited to welcome a little man into the world in early February 2012! kid.gif

#13 of 165 Old 02-10-2012, 02:00 PM

Not overdue, but I was just sharing this in another thread and wondered if anyone might find it helpful. It's an article from American Family Physician called Management of Pregnancy Beyond 40 weeks gestation. I really like this journal. They have good evidence-based articles.

http://www.aafp.org/afp/2005/0515/p1935.html

#14 of 165 Old 02-10-2012, 03:32 PM

My amniotic fluid was great today, and baby looked great. I need to have this baby by Wed. to avoid an induction! Fingers crossed. 

#15 of 165 Old 02-10-2012, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura1982 View Post

My amniotic fluid was great today, and baby looked great. I need to have this baby by Wed. to avoid an induction! Fingers crossed. 

Good luck!  Glad the fluid levels looked good.  :)

#16 of 165 Old 02-10-2012, 05:46 PM
Rin

Quote:

Fingers crossed for you!

#17 of 165 Old 02-11-2012, 06:48 AM

EDD today... Posting here with hope I get naturgirl's luck!

#18 of 165 Old 02-11-2012, 06:49 AM

anyone else just totally frustrated? I'm only 40 + 4 but I am just so BEYOND still being pregnant right now. I want to hold her so bad and I am just so exhausted from being pregnant. So tired of answering the "oh how are you feeling" questions, sick of hearing myself complain but really any positive answer I give is a bunch of bs. I am frustrated from cleaning and nesting my house and feeling like 'okay baby, you can come now' and then she doesn't, the house gets messy again.

I know its completely illogical, but I can't help but feel like I truly am going to be pregnant forever greensad.gif

Katie, wife to the one, mother to Henry and Ruby.
#19 of 165 Old 02-11-2012, 10:10 AM

Everything you said mrskatiekuj ... Plus I am sick of people "checking in"!

i know they are just caring, or curious, but uuuugh, stop calling and emailing.

#20 of 165 Old 02-12-2012, 10:00 AM

Yea the "checking in" is starting to get REALLY annoying. I am trying to carry on like "nothing" is happening (but nothing is happening!). My husband is very patient and keeps telling me that our little guy is taking his time so that he is nice and strong for our planned home birth (my husband is incredibly supportive and has the patience of a saint). Every time I get a little twinge I tell him which makes me feel like a hypochondriac.

"My back is hurting! Oh wait, just gas pains..." 
"I think I lost my mucus plug! Oh wait no, I forgot these cloth pads are a light pink..."
"I think I'm having a contraction! Oh no, its just my sciatica again..."

AHHHH! This is baby #1 and I am 41 weeks today. My husband's guess date was today, but no sign of anything. I just found out that 1 of my 2 midwives is going to be out of town this week. She wants me to "wait" until she gets back, but that means I will be 42 weeks! My dad took this whole next week off work anticipating the birth of his 2nd grandbaby. We can't please everyone now! My family history isn't great though. My sister was born at 42 weeks (induced), my bro was born at 42 week + 3 days, and I was born at 43 weeks. -_-

My sister's baby is due on March 12. If she EVEN has her baby before me, I'm going to lose it! I originally wanted a Pisces but thought there was no way I would make it to the 20th, now I'm not so sure! I REALLY dont want to try natural induction methods because I feel like it will screw up his star chart (oh, what the pregnant mind makes you worry about!). I really don't mind being pregnant, but I could sure use my own immune system back. The baby has been great, but the head cold, dislocated rib, and sciatica are killing me. I just want to heal!

Oh little guy I know you will like it out here! Give your poor tired mama a break! I promise you will love daddy! He is not as scary as he sounds!

Come to the bright side babies, we have boobies out here!!!

Pagan mama, married to DH since 10/27/09. Had a wonderful h20homebirth.gif with baby D in 2012!

#21 of 165 Old 02-13-2012, 11:22 AM

I'm at 41w3d today, and have an induction scheduled for Wednesday morning. I'm praying Baby will show up on her own today or tomorrow! Come on, Baby!!!!!

Although an induction is not the way I wanted this birth to go, ultimately, I want her to come safe and sound. On the upside, I know that I'll have a baby within a couple of days. :)

#22 of 165 Old 02-13-2012, 12:20 PM

Quote:

I'm at 41w3d today, and have an induction scheduled for Wednesday morning. I'm praying Baby will show up on her own today or tomorrow! Come on, Baby!!!!!

Although an induction is not the way I wanted this birth to go, ultimately, I want her to come safe and sound. On the upside, I know that I'll have a baby within a couple of days. :)

Aw, good luck!  Hope baby decides to make an appearance very soon!  Is she your first?  

I'm 41w1d and they keep trying to schedule something for me, but I don't think I can bring myself to agree to anything until 42.  I keep feeling like labor is imminent but strangely nothing has happened yet.  I only carried DD to 41 weeks even, so maybe soon?  But aside from a few sleep problems I'm lucky to still be feeling pretty good.

#23 of 165 Old 02-14-2012, 10:18 AM

Okay, guess I am technically now "over due", but only by one day so far, LOL.  This is a new experience for me, though, since the latest I went with any of the other 4 was to my EDD, and that was with number 3.  Number 1 was 3 days early, 2 was 10 days early, and 4 was 17 days early, so you can imagine I have had it in my head this entire time that this one would most likely come early as well!  So anticipating that, I think I feel more over due than I actually am, LOL.  But, I know she will come when she is ready (or rather I am trying to remind myself of that), but now of course I am starting to get calls/texts asking if I am having any labor yet, or if she is on her way, etc.  Perhaps, however, this is meant to be as my husband just got diagnosed with sinusitis AND either bronchitis or pneumonia and started some powerful antibiotics today...so at least this way, she isn't outside of my womb being exposed right now!  And the doc told him he should be feeling so much better within the next 2 days, so perhaps she will come then.  Anyway, happy waiting over due mamas, we'll see our wee ones sooner rather than later!

Married to Tom partners.gif since 2001, mom to 4 boys and our first girl born Feb. 19, 2012!

Florida licensed midwife and CPM lovinghandsmidwifery.org

#24 of 165 Old 02-15-2012, 12:54 PM

laura1982, hope all went well!

I have agreed to induction at 42+2, so I'm really hoping for a baby before then.   I'm just 41+3 today, so still feeling pretty hopeful.

Anybody else still here and overdue?

#25 of 165 Old 02-15-2012, 01:54 PM

I'm technically 'overdue' at 40 weeks 2 days. Hoping baby comes soon!

DD Seraphina born at home on 2/21/2012! 

"Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
#26 of 165 Old 02-15-2012, 02:56 PM

Yup, I was technically due on VD.  I figure there's two weeks left in February, so there's plenty of time... eh?

chicken3.gif   We're remote ECing, unschooling, free ranging goat dairy farmers.  

#27 of 165 Old 02-15-2012, 03:21 PM

I was due Monday but with prelabors for a month I thought this babe would be early! I won't even consider inducing til after 42 weeks. DD came at 42+2 and came without intervention. I keep feeling like this is it but it fizzles out so quickly once I go to bed at night. I can't imagine going another week but I guess if it's meant to be? Hang in there mamas!

Holistic nutritionist, WAHM, new mom of first DD 08/29/10 and a precious baby due 2/13/12!

#28 of 165 Old 02-15-2012, 03:56 PM

I'm also 40+2. I was due on Monday. It does give me some kind of relief to see that most of the ladies on page 1 have had their babies. SO, it is true that they don't stay in there forever. heh!

1blueheron, I think you are the only one still pregnant that we have heard from. It should be your turn next... that's only fair, right? :)

Michele married to Dh since Dec 2000 and happily sharing a home with 3 kitties, 1 doggy, DS R born 8/25/09 into the arms of his mama, and DS E born 2/25/2012

#29 of 165 Old 02-15-2012, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimkins View Post

1blueheron, I think you are the only one still pregnant that we have heard from. It should be your turn next... that's only fair, right? :)

Sure, that seems fair, if I have the most seniority in our DDC!  winky.gif

#30 of 165 Old 02-15-2012, 04:59 PM

It's your turn!

Holistic nutritionist, WAHM, new mom of first DD 08/29/10 and a precious baby due 2/13/12!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page