Late February Mamas? - Mothering Forums
1 2 
February 2012 > Late February Mamas?
TeamGR's Avatar TeamGR 11:15 AM 02-08-2012

Hey,

 

I love reading about all the birth stories and seeing the pictures!  Since my due date is not for another 2 weeks (Feb 21), it's a nice distraction!  I thought I would ask what else late February due date mamas are doing to pass the time.... and for those of you who have already met your new little ones, what did you find passed the time best?  (Awkward sentence construction, but you catch my meaning? thumb.gif )



yippiehippie's Avatar yippiehippie 11:52 AM 02-08-2012

I've been hanging out here, lol! I've been way too obsesive about this lately though and would love to know what others are doing also! It's hard b/c I'm not motivated to do anything productive (except clean sometimes, I love cleaning, but the house is good to go). DH finished our raised bed last week and I cannot get off my butt and go plant! I can, however, knit, read, take walks w/DS, and relax w/Hypnobabies! And I've suddenly not wanted to make dinners (after a couple weeks of making tons of freezer meals), but was able to make cupcakes yesterday...frosting today;)


Momma2Kai's Avatar Momma2Kai 03:04 PM 02-08-2012

Due around 2/24 here.  

 

I am enjoying this time.  I am not really doing anything to pass the time except to keep on keepin' on with my normal life.  

 

I am at peace with knowing that the baby will come when he/she is ready.  With that said, I have had a bloody show/loss of mucas plug (yesterday/today)...which heightened my excitement/anticipation of birth.  Time will tell if this baby will come sooner than later!

 

With my DS, I was too impatient and it seemed to make the time drag on, this time finding peace has helped a lot.  


AlisonM23's Avatar AlisonM23 06:14 PM 02-08-2012

I'm due 2/22. I'm still working(work P/T as a nanny) plan on working up until my due date. I also have school work that I need to be working on, so I have stuff to keep me busy. Just feeling very tired and lazy though lately. Today my midwife asked if I'm ready for the baby, I responded not quite. I still haven't finished packing our bags, and don't really want an early baby. She told me that it was good that I'm not anxious since most women are during this time. 


GoddessKristie's Avatar GoddessKristie 06:19 PM 02-08-2012

Due 2/22 here! I've been ready to go for a couple of weeks so I'm having trouble finding ways to bide my time, too. DS wanted to make a toy for the new baby, so we've been working on that some. Doing some knitting and just spending some one-on-one with DS. Oh! And I've been doing our taxes lol. I do them myself (on paper-not with software), so that takes some time. I'm running out of ideas.

 


Maternalove's Avatar Maternalove 07:23 PM 02-08-2012

I'm due 2/22 also. I'm still trying to get this dang house in order. (we are remodeling our kitchen.) I swear every time I think I make progress, I sit bag and just feel overwhelmed with clutter! I'm half tempted to just throw everything away!

 

I am caving under all this pressure. I don't know if the dr's are trying to scare me or what but they told me baby was almost 8lbs already... I'm 5 foot 1! Now I'm scared and I want him to come out before I end up on the news for giving birth to a 13lb baby!

 

Ahhhhh... I'm just trying not to get too scared. This will be my first birthing experience but second baby but it's such uncharted territory I feel like a first time mom again.


yippiehippie's Avatar yippiehippie 06:54 AM 02-09-2012


Quote:
Originally Posted by Maternalove View Post

I'm due 2/22 also. I'm still trying to get this dang house in order. (we are remodeling our kitchen.) I swear every time I think I make progress, I sit bag and just feel overwhelmed with clutter! I'm half tempted to just throw everything away!

 

I am caving under all this pressure. I don't know if the dr's are trying to scare me or what but they told me baby was almost 8lbs already... I'm 5 foot 1! Now I'm scared and I want him to come out before I end up on the news for giving birth to a 13lb baby!

 

Ahhhhh... I'm just trying not to get too scared. This will be my first birthing experience but second baby but it's such uncharted territory I feel like a first time mom again.


Don't cave! Don't you let them talking you into anything (induction) you don't want! There's no possible way for them to really determine how big that baby is...I've heard so many stories that docs and ultrasounds have been off by mulitiple pounds, even to the point inducing or c-section and turns out babe is a preemie or small! Lots of women will also say that their bigger babies were easier to deliver (assuming they gestated longer, making labor easier!). If you're worried, I'd google it, read some that have BTDT and maybe you'll feel better? 

The chances of your baby being "too big" for you and your body are not good:)

 


NourishCreate's Avatar NourishCreate 07:21 AM 02-09-2012

My edd is the 15th- so mid-feb!  (thinking it won't be until the 20th) I've been feeling like i've been "done" nesting for a few weeks...  But mostly I'm just not so motivated to get everything really clean again. Like other moms said-  not feeling like making dinner very often (although the cooking has been picking back up lately...not so much the cleaning!)   Weeks ago I finished freezer meals, so I was cooked out for a while! 

I'm trying to just enjoy the time with my #1 and I.  Instead of staying home "Waiting"  i've tried to go do more things out of the house while I still can- it makes the days much better!

I've had a little cold, so i'm hoping that clears up and I can breathe through my nose again before baby decides it's time.

I'm actually hoping for a burst of energy to clean the house again, and get things organized. Until then, just taking it easy!

 

Movies are also on the backup plan!


Maternalove's Avatar Maternalove 08:06 AM 02-09-2012

Oh they are def not talking me into anything... I'll do a UC before they'll touch me with pit. Baring a transvers presentation I HAVE to know I can give birth naturally to a baby. I'm trying really hard to keep that in sight. I guess I just forgot how fear saturated our socity is about natural births and VBACs on top of it. She didn't do a sono it was just the lepolds, which statisctally is only slightly more reliable than an sono. I will ask at my next appt too and see if a different OB (I see 5 different ones) has a different opinion. I'm trying REALLY REALLY hard to stay away from sugar at all cost and I've only gained 1 lb since 33 or 34 weeks so he couldn't be THAT big right?

 

My body will not grow a baby too big from me, my body will not grow a baby too big from me, my body will not grow a baby too big from me, my body will not grow a baby too big from me!!!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yippiehippie View Post


Don't cave! Don't you let them talking you into anything (induction) you don't want! There's no possible way for them to really determine how big that baby is...I've heard so many stories that docs and ultrasounds have been off by mulitiple pounds, even to the point inducing or c-section and turns out babe is a preemie or small! Lots of women will also say that their bigger babies were easier to deliver (assuming they gestated longer, making labor easier!). If you're worried, I'd google it, read some that have BTDT and maybe you'll feel better? 

The chances of your baby being "too big" for you and your body are not good:)

 



 


jmom713's Avatar jmom713 08:55 AM 02-09-2012

Maternal Love- I am 5 foot 3/4 inches tall.  My last babe was 8 pounds 12 ounces.  Labor from start to finish was under 3.5 hours. 

 

My due date with #5 is feb 28th.  Can't get much later in February than that! DH thinks the 29th would be great, but I am so done already.  I don't want to think about the 29th.  LOL.


jul511riv's Avatar jul511riv 12:27 PM 02-09-2012

Sigh. The 24th here. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh.

 

 

I've got 3 homeschooled kids, but my temper/fuse is super short lately (and I'm actually a pretty patient and calm person). One small thing sets me off. I've talked with the children about this (my oldest is almost 7, youngest just turned 2 yesterday, middle is 5) and they are cool with it, but on the other hand, it's no fun for any of us. I'm not really sleeping well...very uncomfortable all night. Hips hurt. Legs hurt. Butt hurts. I dont' feel like cooking either, espcially after freezing 17 meals plus desserts (2 birthday cakes and I just made another one a couple days ago!) for all of us for when dh goes back to work post birth...dh thinks the meals are for him and ALL of us, but they aren't. They are for a nursing mom and 3 kids who eat 3 full meals a day. Just made a new batch of granola to last through the week. Made soup for lunch today in a double batch so that we have dinner for tomorrow night (Shabbat). Still need to make Saturday's lunch (Chili?). And I'll be using the last of my frozen breads for Shabbat...3 loaves (from the original 11) of Challah. Then we'll need to start buying, I think, because there is nowhere to freeze it and I don't think I want to make fresh, it takes SUCH a long time to do and there is always so much else on my plate.

 

Feeling the typical resentment about not having family or any help post birth. Last night woke up with loose stools (continued today, usually a labor sign for me...though I don't really feel that labor is starting :( this time.) and then total dispondency and depression...was up from like 5-7 or something in the morning just whimpering and saying "this baby is NEVER going to be born." It's really sad. I feel like the hormones are totally out of control!

 

I'm super tired. I would love to just have a nap in the middle of the day, but no dice. Id' love to get to bed early, and I've been trying...but after we get all the kids to sleep...then I shower and then another one wakes up and it's all over again. I tried to listen to my hypnobirthing cd's but whenever I finally have time to hear them (after the kids are in bed) my baby wakes up. I don't really have any headsets and the thing is on so quiet that I can barely hear it. I have no idea how he does. C'est La Vie!

 

I'm just being depressed. My birth bag is ready for the homebirth. The food is ready. The diapers and clothes are washed and folded and put away. I've been taking all my herbs and teas. The only thing missing...is the baby.


pdxlala's Avatar pdxlala 12:53 PM 02-09-2012

I'm due the 21st - and probably not until later that week anyway.  I am so done with thinking about it.  And I'm sleeping terrible now and feel like if I gain another ounce I'll split open.  I want to get it all over with.  But then again I should really use the time.  I do still need it.  I haven't pulled together everything for my homebirth.  I still need to install a carseat and figure out a few other baby equipment things.  I need some nursing bras and a ton of other little details (I'm a procrastinator).  I also have to get over my stupid cold.  I do need to spend some good time with my daughter too.  She's been bratty lately and I want that to resolve before the baby gets here.

 

So ya.  Super ready.  But logically I should be glad I have another two weeks.

 

 


TeamGR's Avatar TeamGR 06:56 PM 02-09-2012

I got through my interview today- 8 hours of talking!  Now I'm sitting in a friend's apartment with some nice hard BH contractions. But, I'm pretty sure I'm going to hold out for another two weeks. I haven't dropped or anything. 

 

We can do it, ladies! 


GoddessKristie's Avatar GoddessKristie 10:05 PM 02-09-2012


Quote:
Originally Posted by Maternalove View Post

Oh they are def not talking me into anything... I'll do a UC before they'll touch me with pit. Baring a transvers presentation I HAVE to know I can give birth naturally to a baby. I'm trying really hard to keep that in sight. I guess I just forgot how fear saturated our socity is about natural births and VBACs on top of it. She didn't do a sono it was just the lepolds, which statisctally is only slightly more reliable than an sono. I will ask at my next appt too and see if a different OB (I see 5 different ones) has a different opinion. I'm trying REALLY REALLY hard to stay away from sugar at all cost and I've only gained 1 lb since 33 or 34 weeks so he couldn't be THAT big right?

 

My body will not grow a baby too big from me, my body will not grow a baby too big from me, my body will not grow a baby too big from me, my body will not grow a baby too big from me!!!

 



 

Good for you! I see an OB group, too and the one I saw today was all doom and gloom and "If you go past 41 weeks we'll have to induce, or will you want a repeat section?" And I held my tongue, but when I got home I ranted to DS for about thirty minutes about how no one is coming near me with pit or ripening my cervix or breaking my water and I don't care how long I have to labor, barring certain peril I am birthing this baby vaginally. I'm only 38 weeks and technically, past 42 weeks is actually overdue, not 41. I felt like he was trying to scare me, I mean that's three weeks away! I was uneducated for my first birth or it would NOT have been a c/s. I will not be run over again. Induction is NOT safe for women with prior cesareans and I was shocked that he would even mention it! I keep telling DH how dangerous it is and reminding him that they can only give it to me if we consent to it. Pressure they can do, but they can't make me take pit.

I'm 5'3" and my babe is measuring 7lbs 5oz now, and assuming a half pound gain a week I'm looking at no more than 9lbs. My (nice) OB said that as long as we're under 11lbs he's comfortable with proceeding naturally. That measurement was from an ultrasound. Last time they did an ultrasound and said 10lbs and two days later DS was born under 9lbs. 

 

I feel a bit like a first timer, too considering this is my first VBAC. It's strange and scary in its own ways!

 

 

@jul511riv, I'm also feeling like I'm just missing the baby now. I've had everything ready for weeks and I feel like I'm just twiddling my thumbs now.  
 

 


jul511riv's Avatar jul511riv 03:51 AM 02-10-2012

I KNOW! This is a real drag. My mood has been ABSOLUTELY terrible. And it seems like no one irl gets that at all. The other day I told a neighbor that I really don't feel like socializing right now (as I scooped my kids up and walked away) and she was like "why?" and I was like "um, I'm 9 months pregnant." Blank stares. Then another neighbor commented to me that this friend was "gaining on me" as far as how big her baby bump is getting (she's due at the end of JUNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and I was like "um, okay." blank stare. "how bout we have this conversation when SHE is ready to give birth any day." Then I tell dh that I really just need to be done with this pg ASAP and he's like "why? but it's so healthy for baby to be on the inside...blah blah blah..."

 

WHY?!

 

Um, have you not heard me saying that I can't sit, stand, walk, lie down, sleep or do ANYTHING comfortably?! Every day that this goes on it just feels worst and I feel more depressed and dispondent. Are you saying that I should HAVE to continue this for longer and you don't understand WHY I wouldn't want to do that? Never mention the fears that come up with birthing/post birthing of pain, of feeling alone and not healed with children to take care of and surrounded by hostility on all sides (sadly, my neighbors and community feel very strongly that there is no WAY I can continue homeschooling with a 4th child in the house and they are kind of starting to psych me out...and are also making all kinds of snide comments about "why should we help you with anything...you CHOSE to keep your children home. Why should we bail you out for your bad decision?"). Also, my 2 year old is particularly needy lately (um, DUH!) and goes into hour long bursts of hysterics when I can't carry him (too many braxton hicks...can't do it) and can't stop whatever I'm doing to sit and hold him (ie, food in oven and on stove...other kids needing me...) And my dh is working on some project at work that is requiring him to do overtime EVERY DAY and he isn't doing that because I'm having ctx every afternoon and night and I'm totally exhausted by the end of the day and I just need him to come home and take over with the kids. So I'm hearing a lot about how this is bad for him and bad for his job and he'll have to make it up later. It's either now or right after I have the baby. And that is stressing me out, too. And so is the car situation. In Israel, taxes on cars are 100%. This means that a new car that costs $20K in the states, costs $40K here (and we don't make dollors, we make NIS, so this is even harder to obtain.) Now, of course we can't afford a new car...so we are looking at used cars that are about 10 years old. But this 100% taxes trickles down, meaning that a 10 year old car is somewhere around $9K or more here. This is a LOT of money for us, here in Israel, on a single income, etc... Luckilly, we have an old car (only seats 5 and we need to seat 6!) that we will sell so that we have most of this money, but we still have to pitch in what we don't have. This is a major stressor. And the fact that so long as we don't have a car that seats everyone, we will need to find babysitters or I will be housebound on our remote village until this problem is solved.

 

Add that to some other issues, for example, the black mold in the house that dh is cleaning right now. Or the kitchen sink that was backed up and we don't know if the problem is solved or not...or the kitchen sink leaking under the floorboards of our house. All of these things are totally feaking me out right now. Like, I THINK they are taken care of, but it's been something new every week or so. And the baby was sick and now my oldest is getting over the same illness. And I'm feeling nausious All. The. Time. and dh isn't feeling great and the house is cold and I worry about having enough hot water so that I will have pain relief during the labor and all the kids have been acting up and as stressed out as I've been...

 

Oh, and my client isn't pregnant yet. Which under normal circumstances is NOT a big deal (it's only been 2 cycles!)...but I SO MUCH wanted that to be finished before I had the baby.

 

Lol. Wow. I really needed to dump a lot of this, didn't I?

 

I'm sure this is all hormonal. They are all REAL issues but they are feeling WAY scarier than they normally would because of the changing hormones and the lack of truly restful sleep and the soreness and uncomfortablness in my own body. I know all of that, ykwim? Like, deep down, I'm still zen and I'm still me. I know that everything is okay but I'm just feeling really overwhelmed right now and I'm having a LOT of difficulty accessing my inner "zen." :/


TeamGR's Avatar TeamGR 06:54 AM 02-10-2012

@jul511riv sorry to hear you are dealing with all of that stuff.... hoping for more zen for you! 

 

and @GoddessKristie  hold on to your desires!

 

 


Mommie22's Avatar Mommie22 10:08 AM 02-10-2012

I'm due February 29th but feel like it's going to be sooner. His head is really low now and my cervix is ripening, but no dilation yet. My doctor seems to think I'll have another early one too. DS was two weeks early. I just found out yesterday that I tested positive for GBS, so now I'm passing the time researching my best options and trying not to think of worst case scenarios. sigh... I'm pretty motivated to get things done around here, but I get tired by the afternoon and have to take a nap.  I'm content knowing that he'll be here when he's supposed to be. 


yippiehippie's Avatar yippiehippie 12:48 PM 02-10-2012


Quote:
Originally Posted by jul511riv View Post

I KNOW! This is a real drag. My mood has been ABSOLUTELY terrible. And it seems like no one irl gets that at all. The other day I told a neighbor that I really don't feel like socializing right now (as I scooped my kids up and walked away) and she was like "why?" and I was like "um, I'm 9 months pregnant." Blank stares. Then another neighbor commented to me that this friend was "gaining on me" as far as how big her baby bump is getting (she's due at the end of JUNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and I was like "um, okay." blank stare. "how bout we have this conversation when SHE is ready to give birth any day." Then I tell dh that I really just need to be done with this pg ASAP and he's like "why? but it's so healthy for baby to be on the inside...blah blah blah..."

 

WHY?!

 

Um, have you not heard me saying that I can't sit, stand, walk, lie down, sleep or do ANYTHING comfortably?! Every day that this goes on it just feels worst and I feel more depressed and dispondent. Are you saying that I should HAVE to continue this for longer and you don't understand WHY I wouldn't want to do that? Never mention the fears that come up with birthing/post birthing of pain, of feeling alone and not healed with children to take care of and surrounded by hostility on all sides (sadly, my neighbors and community feel very strongly that there is no WAY I can continue homeschooling with a 4th child in the house and they are kind of starting to psych me out...and are also making all kinds of snide comments about "why should we help you with anything...you CHOSE to keep your children home. Why should we bail you out for your bad decision?"). Also, my 2 year old is particularly needy lately (um, DUH!) and goes into hour long bursts of hysterics when I can't carry him (too many braxton hicks...can't do it) and can't stop whatever I'm doing to sit and hold him (ie, food in oven and on stove...other kids needing me...) And my dh is working on some project at work that is requiring him to do overtime EVERY DAY and he isn't doing that because I'm having ctx every afternoon and night and I'm totally exhausted by the end of the day and I just need him to come home and take over with the kids. So I'm hearing a lot about how this is bad for him and bad for his job and he'll have to make it up later. It's either now or right after I have the baby. And that is stressing me out, too. And so is the car situation. In Israel, taxes on cars are 100%. This means that a new car that costs $20K in the states, costs $40K here (and we don't make dollors, we make NIS, so this is even harder to obtain.) Now, of course we can't afford a new car...so we are looking at used cars that are about 10 years old. But this 100% taxes trickles down, meaning that a 10 year old car is somewhere around $9K or more here. This is a LOT of money for us, here in Israel, on a single income, etc... Luckilly, we have an old car (only seats 5 and we need to seat 6!) that we will sell so that we have most of this money, but we still have to pitch in what we don't have. This is a major stressor. And the fact that so long as we don't have a car that seats everyone, we will need to find babysitters or I will be housebound on our remote village until this problem is solved.

 

Add that to some other issues, for example, the black mold in the house that dh is cleaning right now. Or the kitchen sink that was backed up and we don't know if the problem is solved or not...or the kitchen sink leaking under the floorboards of our house. All of these things are totally feaking me out right now. Like, I THINK they are taken care of, but it's been something new every week or so. And the baby was sick and now my oldest is getting over the same illness. And I'm feeling nausious All. The. Time. and dh isn't feeling great and the house is cold and I worry about having enough hot water so that I will have pain relief during the labor and all the kids have been acting up and as stressed out as I've been...

 

Oh, and my client isn't pregnant yet. Which under normal circumstances is NOT a big deal (it's only been 2 cycles!)...but I SO MUCH wanted that to be finished before I had the baby.

 

Lol. Wow. I really needed to dump a lot of this, didn't I?

 

I'm sure this is all hormonal. They are all REAL issues but they are feeling WAY scarier than they normally would because of the changing hormones and the lack of truly restful sleep and the soreness and uncomfortablness in my own body. I know all of that, ykwim? Like, deep down, I'm still zen and I'm still me. I know that everything is okay but I'm just feeling really overwhelmed right now and I'm having a LOT of difficulty accessing my inner "zen." :/


hug2.gif

I know what you mean about ppl  not understanding! It's sooooo hard to act "normal" right now! I've been staying at home so much lately, I just don't want to deal with anyone or anything. There's NO motivation here. At least you can vent to us. I agree that there's all these issues that seem so much worse than they probably are, I feel like we should just be able to be left alone! I've been so moody and impatient and I'm just so sick of it, I want to stay in bed and not worry about anything, that's half the reason I want the babe to come, so I have that as an excuse!

I'm not actually due in late Feb....Monday, actually, I just am feeling defeated that it will be late Feb. instead:(

 

 


jul511riv's Avatar jul511riv 12:31 PM 02-11-2012

Might be of interest. Midwifery Today has an old article stating much the same thing. That the IV antibiotics are basically killing as many mothers as they are saving babies. At any rate: http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/to-strep-b-or-not-to-strep-b-that-is/ And good luck. I've been there, myself, and when I refused antibiotics I was basically acosted by hospital personel during my entire labor. Sucked. And from then on, I've had homebirths. :)
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie22 View Post

I'm due February 29th but feel like it's going to be sooner. His head is really low now and my cervix is ripening, but no dilation yet. My doctor seems to think I'll have another early one too. DS was two weeks early. I just found out yesterday that I tested positive for GBS, so now I'm passing the time researching my best options and trying not to think of worst case scenarios. sigh... I'm pretty motivated to get things done around here, but I get tired by the afternoon and have to take a nap.  I'm content knowing that he'll be here when he's supposed to be. 



 



Quote:
Originally Posted by yippiehippie View Post


hug2.gif

I know what you mean about ppl  not understanding! It's sooooo hard to act "normal" right now! I've been staying at home so much lately, I just don't want to deal with anyone or anything. There's NO motivation here. At least you can vent to us. I agree that there's all these issues that seem so much worse than they probably are, I feel like we should just be able to be left alone! I've been so moody and impatient and I'm just so sick of it, I want to stay in bed and not worry about anything, that's half the reason I want the babe to come, so I have that as an excuse!

I'm not actually due in late Feb....Monday, actually, I just am feeling defeated that it will be late Feb. instead:(

 

 



Ug, thank you. Hang in there yippiehippie. It might come faster than you know it!

 

My dh, today, said "this baby's got one more week." We shall see. Last night I was up ALL. Night. Long. with the WORST migrane. Dh was up massaging me and I thought I was going to puke for hours. I took a bunch of herbs, had to take multiple doses (which I NEVER have to do), it was really bad. I told the baby tonight, look, I won't push you out if you just promise to keep the migranes away from me.

 

I just wish that I could sleep or get comfortable.

 

Spent a lot of the day walking out in the sun. Was really nice. Took it very easy. No real contractions to speak of. Things have been really quiet. Yes there are the braxton hicks regular stuff...but outside of that baby's quiet and body is quiet. I got the distinct feeling that s/he is staying in there for a while yet. Such a bummer.

 


HumbleLuna's Avatar HumbleLuna 08:33 PM 02-12-2012

I am "Due" on the 19th. Getting annoyed with comments from strangers when I go out in public. I am majorly lacking in nesting motivation at the moment.

I have awful heartburn all day long and pee every time I bend over so cleaning out the fridge and the car sounds like hell.

I shouldn't be complaining already, but this entire pregnancy was very hard . Looking forward to baby being earth side.

Hoping to get a boost of energy right before baby comes. My 2nd was a week late and I was cleaning and hiking like a maniac many days past my due date i can't imagine how I did that.

I went for a hike today got home at 2pm and have been in bed exhausted and achy ever since..lol

But this heartburn is driving me mad, I am so uncomfortable in any position.

 


Maternalove's Avatar Maternalove 09:04 PM 02-12-2012


OMG me too. And my family actually. It's either "OMG, you look like you're about to pop" or like yesterday I had some guy ask "How far along are you, 6 or 7 months?"  


Well which is it people, am I bursting at the seems or do I have another 3 months to go!??! I personally don't think I'm all that huge. I out grew maternity shirts with DD and I'm not quite there yet with this one.

 

Hang in there mama. goodvibes.gif Energy sent your way! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumbleLuna View Post

I am "Due" on the 19th. Getting annoyed with comments from strangers when I go out in public. I am majorly lacking in nesting motivation at the moment.

I have awful heartburn all day long and pee every time I bend over so cleaning out the fridge and the car sounds like hell.

I shouldn't be complaining already, but this entire pregnancy was very hard . Looking forward to baby being earth side.

Hoping to get a boost of energy right before baby comes. My 2nd was a week late and I was cleaning and hiking like a maniac many days past my due date i can't imagine how I did that.

I went for a hike today got home at 2pm and have been in bed exhausted and achy ever since..lol

But this heartburn is driving me mad, I am so uncomfortable in any position.

 



 


GoddessKristie's Avatar GoddessKristie 09:51 AM 02-21-2012

So, anyone still hanging around trying to pass the time like me? I've been spending way more time in the Early labor signs...or Mean Trick thread than I care for! Yesterday I spent the afternoon making 15 pints of strawberry freezer jam, just to pass the time. I'm ready for baby and can only do so much cleaning. 

DS has been wanting to make a toy for the baby, so I think we'll get started on that this afternoon. Some hand sewing should take up some time. 

What's everyone else up to?


TeamGR's Avatar TeamGR 12:20 PM 02-21-2012


Quote:
Originally Posted by GoddessKristie View Post

So, anyone still hanging around trying to pass the time like me? I've been spending way more time in the Early labor signs...or Mean Trick thread than I care for! Yesterday I spent the afternoon making 15 pints of strawberry freezer jam, just to pass the time. I'm ready for baby and can only do so much cleaning. 

DS has been wanting to make a toy for the baby, so I think we'll get started on that this afternoon. Some hand sewing should take up some time. 

What's everyone else up to?



Yup, I'm just hanging out.  Today is my actual due date, which means I've been fielding messages, calls, etc all day.  I just want to put up a virtual sign that says "Go AWAY! I will tell you when I have the baby".  But I think that's too mean.  People are just excited, but I don't want to hear it.  I don't want to talk about it anymore. 

 

Everything is clean. Everything is organized. Everything is ready.  And I'm uncomfortable sitting, standing, lying, doing yoga, walking, everything.  Just trying to pass time!  I was thinking about going out to a movie, until my husband reminded me that I've gone into severe back spasms every time we've gone to a movie since early November. So that's out.  Now it's just ist on the couch and eat chocolate cake, I guess?  Ugh!!!!


jul511riv's Avatar jul511riv 03:13 AM 02-22-2012

Yep. Last night...middle of the night...began early labor. Ctx woke me up...I was getting psyched, but I also felt like "if this happens NOW it's going to last forever" cause it just wasn't as strong as it's been for my other 3 kids births. It lasted for a few hours and then petered out. Had a few more ctx this morning but that was about the end of it. My due date is day after tomorrow. :/


jmom713's Avatar jmom713 07:17 AM 02-22-2012

I am runnning out of things to do to past the time.  I can't get comfortable either; which leaves out things like going to the movies.  I'm trying not to be cranky with my kids.  I know it's me, not them. 


TeamGR's Avatar TeamGR 12:06 PM 02-22-2012


I'm totally with you.  I'm out of things to do.  Last night I had regular 8min Braxton Hicks for a few hours, and then nothing.  I've had no show, no other symptoms.  I'm sick of everyone "JUST CHECKING IN!" over and over again.  I'm thinking about unplugging completely- no phone, no internet connectivity, no facebook, no nothing until after the baby, just to get everyone off my back. I can't get comfy either, and I'm trying not to be cranky with my saint of a husband.... it's totally me. 

 

C'mon babies!  

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmom713 View Post

I am runnning out of things to do to past the time.  I can't get comfortable either; which leaves out things like going to the movies.  I'm trying not to be cranky with my kids.  I know it's me, not them. 



 


HumbleLuna's Avatar HumbleLuna 01:26 PM 02-22-2012

 I have been knitting baby socks and watching Downton Abbey on pbs online to pass the time. I so wanted baby to come today! I am going to walk to the grocery store for pineapple later. Maybe something will happen still today. I should know after my son being 6 days late that there really isn't anything you can do to make things happen faster, hikes, sex, pineapple.....


GoddessKristie's Avatar GoddessKristie 02:53 PM 02-22-2012

Ooo Downton Abbey! We just started watching and I would love to watch season 1. That's a great idea! We've been doing our sewing on baby toys and I'm still trying to do a lot of cleaning and trying to stay busy. It's just hard and I keep thinking, "How have I been a SAHM for this long and I am totally out of things to do??" What have I been doing all this time and why am I out of things to do now?

Maybe I can think of some freezer meals to make tonight. eyesroll.gif *sigh*


jul511riv's Avatar jul511riv 01:16 AM 02-23-2012

sigh.


TeamGR's Avatar TeamGR 05:59 AM 02-23-2012

Sorry, jul511riv.  

 

I feel ya. 


1 2 

Up