The short but sweet birth of Kathrine Leanne... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 02-10-2012, 02:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
After all my complaints about nothing happening at 39 weeks, when she decided it was time, there was no stopping her! smile.gif

Sunday night I had timeable contractions that never really panned out, and all but ended around 6 am. I kept hubby (800 miles away) up to date on progress, he decided around 9 am (I was having the occasional contraction) that he was coming home, boarding a train at 7 pm that night. (His intuition proved better than mine in this case!) Meanwhile, we went to the mall and did some walking. Came home, ate dinner, put the girls to bed and I went to bed around 8 pm. At around 1 am, I woke up with some very intense contractions, deciding to wait an hour before I called the midwife. I didn't. I called at about 1:30, with contractions about 3 minutes apart. I got everyone up and ready to go, SIL drove us the hour to the birth center. When we got there she checked me, only about 3 cm... mw said it'd be a while. Hours! So I labored in bed for a while, then got into the tub. After only about 2 hours and 2 pushes she was here! Born at 4:52 am on 2/7/12. I had one tiny tear that did not require stitches and her cord was so short I could barely get her to my chest! She weighed 6 lbs, 1 oz and 19.5" long. Unfortunately, daddy missed it. His train did not arrive until 7 am, and he got to the birth center at about 9, just in time to hear instructions and drive us home! smile.gif
were all doing well, adjusting is taking some time, with my 5 and 2 year old girls, but they are doing well considering.
It took us a couple days to name her, I suggested Patience, as she does not have ANY. smile.gif but we decided on Kathrine Leanne.

#2 of 7 Old 02-10-2012, 04:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Aw! Congratulations!!! Sounds like a nice butter birth! 2 hours and 2 pushes, wow! I'd love to see a picture!

#3 of 7 Old 02-10-2012, 04:35 PM - Thread Starter

I will get a picture up tomorrow! I went over my internet quota and the cycle restarts then... I can't figure out how to do them from my phone... smile.gif

#4 of 7 Old 02-11-2012, 03:34 PM

That's beautiful!!!

Holistic nutritionist, WAHM, new mom of first DD 08/29/10 and a precious baby due 2/13/12!

#5 of 7 Old 02-11-2012, 03:57 PM

Thanks for sharing, and happy babymoon! Congrats!

#6 of 7 Old 02-12-2012, 09:29 AM - Thread Starter

IMG_0921.JPGIMG_0936.JPG

Here she is!  The first picture is just an hour or so after birth.  The second is 2 days old.  We went to our follow up appt yesterday, she has only lost 1% of her birth weight!   She's doing well.  Has a slight issue with spitting up every time she eats, but I produce a LOT of milk and mw agreed with our thoughts that she's just getting too much!  :D  So I have to watch how much she eats!  She's pooping and peeing just fine though!  :)

#7 of 7 Old 02-12-2012, 10:10 AM

Congrats!! 2  hours wow!! She is really cute and I love her name!

Memz, with mylove.gif and mommy  of babygirl.gif born 01/17/10 and 3 cat.gif familybed1.gifsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.gif

***4** *8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**stork-boy.gif40

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page