No nothing. Frustrated chat, Feb 20 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 02-20-2012, 10:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi all,

My due date is tomorrow, and I just came from the doctor's office.  Only 50% effaced, not dilated at all, no contractions, no show, no nothing.  We started talking about next week's appointment, which will involved a no-stress-test and amniotic fluid test and then the week after which involves inducement.  The fact that we're even talking about it is making me upset.  Please come out baby!  Please!  I promise it's awesome out here!

1st baby, born 2/25/12. femalesling.GIF. Married to environmentalist treehugger.gif husband, trying to stay calm and trust my body. namaste.gif

#2 of 5 Old 02-20-2012, 12:54 PM

Aw I'm so sorry! That's so upsetting. Is there a reason they're being so aggressive? It's not uncommon to go 41 or 42 weeks so I'm surprised they want to intervene so quickly. I'm 41 weeks and very frustrated as well. I'm forcing myself to continue to trust the process my baby and my body. I don't think I'll allow any involvement til 42 weeks tho. It's so frustrating isn't it?!

Holistic nutritionist, WAHM, new mom of first DD 08/29/10 and a precious baby due 2/13/12!

#3 of 5 Old 02-23-2012, 06:20 AM

It is very frustrating.  I am 39 weeks, 4 days.  I have to have NST's (stress tests) twice a week due to a grade three placenta (early maturing and calcification of the placenta), and have been worrying that the baby is doing okay since an ultrasound at 35 weeks.  I am very thankful to have made it this far.   With each NST, I know there is a possibility that I may have to be induced or c-sect for baby's health.  Yesterday, I had cramps all day long and some surges of outright pain with the cramps which eventually seemed to be in my back.  I was so sure that the night would bring on some consistent contractions but night came and now the cramps are gone as is the back pain.    I have already refused to be induced (it was scheduled for 3 days ago but I came to my senses) and I know that I will have to decisions to make at my Dr. apt today.   My first was 3 1/2 weeks early and a wonderful drug free, completely natural birth.   I just wish this one would make his debut before I have to be induced.   I've been dilated to a 2 and 50% effaced for two weeks and my mucus plug came out a week and a half ago.   I had my membranes stripped one week ago but this little guy clearly isn't as ready as I am.   

#4 of 5 Old 02-23-2012, 07:41 AM - Thread Starter

So sorry, Lilac611..... Good for you for sticking to what you want and thinking about what will work for you in spite of outside pressure.  You can do it!

thumb.gif

1st baby, born 2/25/12. femalesling.GIF. Married to environmentalist treehugger.gif husband, trying to stay calm and trust my body. namaste.gif

#5 of 5 Old 02-23-2012, 08:17 AM

It's so hard to hang in there when you're scared! Or when safety is an issue. At 41+4 I'm wondering if I'll go naturally as desired or will the safety of my baby necessitate something else? It's a hard place to be in. I'll be thinking of you!

Holistic nutritionist, WAHM, new mom of first DD 08/29/10 and a precious baby due 2/13/12!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page