Sad that the birth is over? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 02-25-2012, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anyone else?  Don't get me wrong, I am absolutely thrilled that she's finally here, but at the same time, I wish I could rewind time and have the those last couple of days again.  Not that I would change anything, just do it again.  I felt this way after number 3 too (but not with 1, 2, or 4 oddly enough).  Am I nuts over here or what?  LOL ;)

Married to Tom partners.gif since 2001, mom to 4 boys and our first girl born Feb. 19, 2012!

Florida licensed midwife and CPM lovinghandsmidwifery.org

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 02-25-2012, 02:45 PM

I am, but mostly because I didn't have the greatest experience and want a do over! We're planning on having one more though, so I'll have that chance in a couple of years smile.gif
#3 of 7 Old 02-25-2012, 02:47 PM

I totally feel your pain. This was the last so I'm very sad it's over... At the same time, I'm glad to have my body to myself again so I'm trying to hold on to that.

Proud wife to DH, mommy to DD 11/23/07, our little rainbow1284.gif baby boy 2/19/12. We vbac.gifnocirc.gifwinner.jpgcd.gif delayedvax.gifselectivevax.gif.femalesling.GIF

namaste.gif   *****Remember to love your boobies once a month!*** ribbonpink.gif

#4 of 7 Old 02-26-2012, 02:06 PM

Yes.  My lo was born 15 days earlier than anticipated.  I felt cheated out of those last 2 weeks of pregnancy and felt like my son was cheated out of 2 weeks of growth and development.  It took me awhile to "get" that he was here, like I was in shock or something (and I'm not even one who enjoys being pregnant!).

I was certain I wouldn't go into labor early, didn't have much prepared, and was not mentally ready.  While I can understand why he needed to come early (he had old meconium, placenta was stained green as were his nails...my waters looked and smelled like brown sewage, something was stressing him out), I kind of mourned not being pregnant...I'd look at my son and think "you're not supposed to be here yet."  Now that his due date is past, I feel much better.  

I remember being sad after my 1st was born too.  I felt all teary when I was packing up my maternity clothes...such great anticipation of a baby being born and once born, that high level of excitement suddenly drops off and is replaced by such normalcy.  

Momma to 2 novaxnocirc.gif little boys.

#5 of 7 Old 02-26-2012, 02:10 PM

I also feel like you. I'm glad he's here but I miss being pregnant even though I was a bit sick of it at the end smile.gif He was also, probably, my last, so I'm a bit sad that I won't ever be able to experience all the grat things about pregnancy.... Finding out you're pregnant, feeling the baby move, anticipating his arrival, feeling like a superwomen after having given birth, that first look at your baby, the first touch, that first smell ...... Ahhhhh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Memz, with mylove.gif and mommy  of babygirl.gif born 01/17/10 and 3 cat.gif familybed1.gifsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.gif

***4** *8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**stork-boy.gif40

#6 of 7 Old 02-28-2012, 07:41 AM

OMG, isn't that the truth! *Sigh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2Kai View Post

...such great anticipation of a baby being born and once born, that high level of excitement suddenly drops off and is replaced by such normalcy.  

Proud wife to DH, mommy to DD 11/23/07, our little rainbow1284.gif baby boy 2/19/12. We vbac.gifnocirc.gifwinner.jpgcd.gif delayedvax.gifselectivevax.gif.femalesling.GIF

namaste.gif   *****Remember to love your boobies once a month!*** ribbonpink.gif

#7 of 7 Old 02-28-2012, 12:47 PM - Thread Starter

I do think you hit the nail on the head!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2Kai View Post

...such great anticipation of a baby being born and once born, that high level of excitement suddenly drops off and is replaced by such normalcy.  

Married to Tom partners.gif since 2001, mom to 4 boys and our first girl born Feb. 19, 2012!

Florida licensed midwife and CPM lovinghandsmidwifery.org

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page