Going from a family of 3 to 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 02-26-2012, 04:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm having a hard time adjusting to our new family. I feel like my 22 mo. old DS1 wants nothing to do with me and he's obsessed with DH now! He's been home this week and going back to work tomorrow and I know he's gonna cry for him all day (at least at nap time - he doesn't want me to put him down any more, just DH). I miss my little guy:( We were so close and now I'm feeling our family is separated into me/baby and dH/DS.

Anyone else going or gone through this?

Lovin my boys jumpers.gifDH, DS1 (4/7/10), and DS2 (2/19/12)...and - surprise! - another on the way
#2 of 4 Old 02-27-2012, 06:29 AM

Oh I'm so sorry. It's only been a couple days here and DD is going from clingy to me (especially when tired) to being mad at me and wanting nothing to do with me. It's challenging. I have so much love for both of them it's hard.

Holistic nutritionist, WAHM, new mom of first DD 08/29/10 and a precious baby due 2/13/12!

#3 of 4 Old 02-27-2012, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

Better today:) DS was just fine w/me, barely asked for daddy today. Aparently it's totally normal at this age, which is great timing for us...I was just hoping it wasn't b/c of the baby, I was feeling guilty!

Lovin my boys jumpers.gifDH, DS1 (4/7/10), and DS2 (2/19/12)...and - surprise! - another on the way
#4 of 4 Old 02-29-2012, 08:51 AM

My 4 y.o. Loves her new baby brother, but there has been lots of acting out and bad behavior, no matter how much attention and love we can manage to give her ... So hard to not get frustrated when you're tired and trying to nurse the newbie.. I guess it gets easier?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page