Still processing this past week - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-04-2012, 06:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I went into labor on my own again, made it to 9 cms & still end up with a c-section. I know the section was necessary since Lili was breech, but everything still feels wrong to me.  Since I had, had a UP & was planning a UC I was treated like total garbage from the time we got to the hospital till the time we left. I ended up with the OB on call and she was the biggest witch on the planet the entire time trying to tell me that the only 'safe' way to deliver Lili even if she wasn't breech was laying flat on my back and if I didn't do what SHE wanted then it was refusal of care. I was bullied into every single thing.

Melissa Wife To James & Mama to Christopher Michael- 6/03 ,Ella Cheyenne- 10/09 & Xander Ryan James- 9/10 :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2012, 08:42 PM

That's awful.  I'm so sorry you did not get to have the birth experience you had hoped for.  Even if a section was necessary there is no reason to treat you like that....  ((hugs))

K, Momma to angel3.gifA(born still 8/22/00), DD A(1/31/06) and DS A(3/13/08), and Baby A (2/2/12)

Old 03-05-2012, 01:06 AM

Yuck. That sounds horrible. I also had a mean nurse at first, but we were able to switch her out.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:35 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscookie View Post

Yuck. That sounds horrible. I also had a mean nurse at first, but we were able to switch her out.

My issue wasn't so much the nurses except a couple, it was the OB on call. As soon as she found out that I had no prenatal care since we had been doing a UP she went to b*tch mode. I was not able to lay flat on my back due to being in active labor and already at 9 cms. When I said that I would not be able to lay flat on my back to deliver the baby she then started the crap about it being the only safe way for Lili to be born blah blah and if I didn't do what she wanted then it was refusal of care.

Melissa Wife To James & Mama to Christopher Michael- 6/03 ,Ella Cheyenne- 10/09 & Xander Ryan James- 9/10 :
Old 03-05-2012, 05:25 PM

hug2.gif So sorry for your experience. Why was a c/s necessary for breech, though? I also did a UP and my babe was breech (ended up w/an unplanned UC too), I thought breech was more accepted now, even at hospitals? So sad how they treat people...and I'm sure they didn't mention anything about your baby being healthy "in spite" of being a UP!

Lovin my boys jumpers.gifDH, DS1 (4/7/10), and DS2 (2/19/12)...and - surprise! - another on the way
Old 03-07-2012, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yippiehippie View Post

hug2.gif So sorry for your experience. Why was a c/s necessary for breech, though? I also did a UP and my babe was breech (ended up w/an unplanned UC too), I thought breech was more accepted now, even at hospitals? So sad how they treat people...and I'm sure they didn't mention anything about your baby being healthy "in spite" of being a UP!

I was ok with the c/s since she was pretty big, My major issue is how I was treated when I got there and after really. There are a lot of details that I need to get out, I'm just not ready yet.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:21 PM - Thread Starter

User Tag List