Sixth week bleed? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-21-2012, 05:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anyone heard of this?  Any correlation to it and the return of fertility?

I had nearly a week of nothing (well, seems like a week, the days run into one another these days...but I know I wasn't needing to wear any pads/liners for several days in a row) as far as lochia, which had turned very light yellowy discharge with only occasional pink spotting.  Then, I started bleeding lightly again about 5.5 weeks PP.  I turned to Dr. Google, of course, and starting reading about the 6th week bleed.  Today is day 4 of light bleeding. I will be 6 weeks PP tomorrow and go for my PP check up next week.

I am nearly EBF (he's had 3-4 total expressed milk bottles when I've run late)..but I've pumped upon return, minimal pacifier use, 

Anyone else experiencing this?.  

Momma to 2 novaxnocirc.gif little boys.

#2 of 4 Old 03-21-2012, 02:46 PM

I did that with DS. I thought my period was back for sure and then I didn't have one for 18 months. Strange how the body works!

Wife since 2004. Mommy to DS (2005) and DD (2008) and my hopefully VBA2C baby DD due Feb 2012!

lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifribboncesarean.giffamilybed2.gif

#3 of 4 Old 03-21-2012, 03:15 PM

I had a return of bleeding with DS1. Lochia for 3 weeks. Then, I had nothing for a week, then a return of bleeding for one week. My first PP period didn't return for another 9 months. It seems pretty common amongst my friends to have a respite then a bleed again. Only for a very few was it the return of fertility. 

Wife to Chris 12/27/07. DS1 Earth Day 2009 (4/22). DS2 March 6th, 2012. nocirc.gif saynovax.gif winner.jpg femalesling.GIFfamilybed2.gif  vbac.gif

#4 of 4 Old 03-22-2012, 12:40 PM

I had this with DD. And then every 28 days there after. :( All while EBF. AND YES!  It meant I was fertile again. I would play it safe and use some protection if you believe in that or don't want to get pregnant. Just wait and see what happens but just know this is totally in the range of normal as long as you're not soaking a pad in under 2 hours.

Proud wife to DH, mommy to DD 11/23/07, our little rainbow1284.gif baby boy 2/19/12. We vbac.gifnocirc.gifwinner.jpgcd.gif delayedvax.gifselectivevax.gif.femalesling.GIF

namaste.gif   *****Remember to love your boobies once a month!*** ribbonpink.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page