How to deal with babies growing up - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-29-2012, 10:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am having a hard time dealing with my baby getting bigger.  It probably sounds ridiculous, but it's how I feel.  She's a little over two months old and I'm like OMG time is flying! and I can't remember her being a tiny newbie.  I just feel like I'm going to blink and she'll be a year old.  I know that she's going to grow and change, and I love the baby stage so much that I know I will miss it.  I think part of the problem is that I've wanted a baby for years and struggled with infertility.  She feels like a dream to me. 

How do you deal with these feelings?  Obviously I'll need to learn to deal with it somehow because it's inevitable she will change and grow.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 03-29-2012, 10:23 AM

Yep! Especially since at the same time my two year old is two! TWO! How did that happen? I feel like she should still be the tiny one in my arms. Im missing her baby days and he is already starting to lose the newborn look. Boo. But, on the plus side there are so many thing he can do! Smiles smile.gif all the time.

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#3 of 3 Old 03-29-2012, 10:59 AM - Thread Starter

Glad I'm not alone!! I love the smiles.  I've been telling myself that I've enjoyed everything so far and will hopefully be able to do it again in a few years.  I feel like my pregnancy went by so fast, and I know her first year will too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adaline'sMama View Post

Yep! Especially since at the same time my two year old is two! TWO! How did that happen? I feel like she should still be the tiny one in my arms. Im missing her baby days and he is already starting to lose the newborn look. Boo. But, on the plus side there are so many thing he can do! Smiles smile.gif all the time.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page