Just smile and other concerns of this mama. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-29-2012, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So Bryce won't smile at me. I'm starting to get concerned. He just makes this grumpy face at me. Should they smile around 6 weeks?

Also, for fun I did this psychic reading about if I'd have any more children because we're not planning on having anymore. Well she told me that I would find out I was pregnant April 2012 or give birth April 2013.... Pardon my french but HOLY SHIT I sure hope not!!!!!! That is way to freaking soon. But now hubby is backing out on getting fixed and just says we'll use condom and I'm freaking out.

We are creators of our own reality, so they say and now I'm stuck in this vortex. I'm super worried I'm going to get pregnant again and can't stop thinking about it so I might will it into being. Sigh. I know it's so silly I'm kicking myself for ever doing that stupid reading.

Proud wife to DH, mommy to DD 11/23/07, our little rainbow1284.gif baby boy 2/19/12. We vbac.gifnocirc.gifwinner.jpgcd.gif delayedvax.gifselectivevax.gif.femalesling.GIF

namaste.gif   *****Remember to love your boobies once a month!*** ribbonpink.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 03-31-2012, 07:29 AM

I could've posted the 'smile' issue too.

My ods, smiled at 4 weeks old.  I mean lots of smiles, enough to catch in a picture.

This guy...nothing.  He turned 7 weeks yesterday.  Starting a few days ago,  he will randomly smile, but it's never at me...and it really could be gas.  I may get 2-3 of these pseudo smiles a day.  This little guy is never happy either.  It's stressful.

I think we are still in the realm of normal.  I don't think it's a developmental issue at this point, but that's not all that comforting.  

Momma to 2 novaxnocirc.gif little boys.

#3 of 5 Old 03-31-2012, 08:19 AM

I wouldn't worry about the no smiling thing at this point. Perhaps he is a serious little fellow and you'll someday have some wonderfully deep conversations together!

About the reading - I wouldn't worry about that either. It may have been misinterpreted. Perhaps what looked to the reader like a baby was actually a big project or some other kind of creative pursuit. 

#4 of 5 Old 03-31-2012, 05:47 PM

Yeah, not all babies smile that early. I dont think it's time to worry yet. However, Id be worried about having another right now!!!

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#5 of 5 Old 04-01-2012, 05:27 PM - Thread Starter

LOL, we finally got a real smile on 6 weeks on the nose. It is so strange how this is my second child and I'm MUCH more uptight about stuff than I was with my first. I guess loosing a baby and thinking you'll never have anymore will do that? Geez I feel so silly now.

Still trying to convince DH to get a vasectomy but no such luck. 

Proud wife to DH, mommy to DD 11/23/07, our little rainbow1284.gif baby boy 2/19/12. We vbac.gifnocirc.gifwinner.jpgcd.gif delayedvax.gifselectivevax.gif.femalesling.GIF

namaste.gif   *****Remember to love your boobies once a month!*** ribbonpink.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page