Lovin' too soon? Ouch - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 04-04-2012, 04:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am about 5 weeks post partum following a healthy homebirth with my little girl.  The birth was good, I had some swelling due to pushing to soon and horrendous back labor-back labor with all previous deliveries as well-but overall it was healthy and "normal" .  Anyhow, I was so looking foward to some reconnecting with the dh and it was awesome but ever since i feel totally out of whack, like my abs and lady business have totally regressed.  My groin area is throbbing and sore at the end of a long day again and it is much more challenging to activate my abs.  Should I worry that I actually hurt something or should i just take it as a sign to take it easy and focus on contnuing to heal?

#2 of 9 Old 04-05-2012, 09:45 AM

First off, I'm jealous... LOL I'm almost 7 weeks out and still healing a tear. I just had this conversation with my dr. She said everything has lost tone and it's normal. Kegals and exercise will help everything feel normal again. 

If your breastfeeding make sure your using some KY or something. And tell DH to be gentle. LOL Good luck HTH.

Proud wife to DH, mommy to DD 11/23/07, our little rainbow1284.gif baby boy 2/19/12. We vbac.gifnocirc.gifwinner.jpgcd.gif delayedvax.gifselectivevax.gif.femalesling.GIF

namaste.gif   *****Remember to love your boobies once a month!*** ribbonpink.gif

#3 of 9 Old 04-05-2012, 09:51 AM

So, what does using lube have to do with breastfeeding?

DH and I got back to business pretty quickly after both kiddos, we just avoided penetration for the first few encounters. I feel like it is really all about each person's body and how they feel. If you are hurting at the end of the day, you might not want to have sex, as long as he is slow and gentle its really doubtful that he could hurt anything. My concern this time was the scare of infection.

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#4 of 9 Old 04-05-2012, 10:42 AM

Generally speaking, you produce less natural lube when you are breastfeeding so it's a good idea to add some extra.

Proud wife to DH, mommy to DD 11/23/07, our little rainbow1284.gif baby boy 2/19/12. We vbac.gifnocirc.gifwinner.jpgcd.gif delayedvax.gifselectivevax.gif.femalesling.GIF

namaste.gif   *****Remember to love your boobies once a month!*** ribbonpink.gif

#5 of 9 Old 04-05-2012, 11:44 AM

I should not have read this LOL. I am DYING to get going! My 6wk appt is tomorrow, so I'm crossing my fingers for a green light.Any mention of it has me miserable with the wait!

Anyway, it sounds to me like you just need to take it slow. If I weren't feeling better after a few days of rest I'd let my provider know.

#6 of 9 Old 04-05-2012, 11:58 AM

Lol, I am surprised you ladies are so willing. I made DH wait until after 6wks, even though I had no tearing. We finally did at 7wks after the all clear (just to shut him up) and it was fine during, but sore as crap after. I also had spotting. It was better within two days or so. But I think we did it again a week later and only one position hurt, without being graphic, lol. Since then we've avoided that with no issues.

But I'm literally shocked at all of this sex drive. I have NO DESIRE. Poor DH. but I know he has needs so I can't torture him forever. Every time I'm nursing I completely lose my sex drive.

Jesse, mama to my three wonderful boys, our newest born at home late Jan 2012 luxlove.gif

#7 of 9 Old 04-06-2012, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamanoish View Post

. I have NO DESIRE. Poor DH. but I know he has needs so I can't torture him foreve. Every time I'm nursing I completely lose my sex drive.

I am with you on this one. I am only 4 weeks out but I lost my sex drive for almost a year with my second child, i think i need ovulation to have a sex drive.

treehugger.gifMamaknit.gifsewmachine.gifmodifiedartist.gif to one cool girlREPlaySkateboard04HL.gif4/3/01 and a sweet boysuperhero.gif1/1/08...and joy.gifsweet Goobie Rue born 3/6/12

**formerly known as Mamablueberry**

#8 of 9 Old 04-07-2012, 06:15 AM

I got the all clear yesterday! It was a beautiful (and mutual) 3 minutes. lol.gif I was sore after where I tore, but this morning I was ready to go again, I haven't had anything you described, but I still don't think it sounds unusual. How are you feeling today? Have you tried again?

#9 of 9 Old 04-11-2012, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter

So it took about a week for me to feel like i had my progress back-in terms of healing after birth.  I think we were a little too eager and we didn't really take it easy, which seemed like a good idea at the time, lol.  Anyway, now I am trying to focus on exercise and dumb old kegels,  am i the only one who always feels like i am doing them wrong?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page