WHAT!? Tell me this is not my period! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-06-2012, 09:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I started bleeding today after my 6wk appointment. It's as much as a regular flow day and I have had some tissue. It's only been 3 weeks since I stopped bleeding and sice I was checked today I called my OB just to be sure. He said it was my period! I'm EBF and so annoyed that I didn't even get a month off! WTH ladies!?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2012, 10:10 PM

I bled for a long time after DS...It stopped right around the 6 week mark and picked back up after they did the darn 'pap' at the 6 week post partum checkup. THe checkup was very painful too. After that it was like all hell broke lose and I was back to day one after birth...crazy. I bled for anther two weeks or so and then not again for about two years (another pregnancy and nursing).

joy.gif
Old 04-07-2012, 03:12 PM

Well... I started bleeding after not bleeding for 4 weeks. It lasted 2 days and now nothing. I've been trying to chart to see what's going on but it's so hard to say. Dr said only time will tell if it was a period or not. With my daughter I got mine right at 6 weeks also. 

It could be just from your pap, or, right around this time where the umbilical cord was attached in your uterus heals and can cause bleeding. 

I guess as my dr said... Only time will tell. It's a freaking bummer.

Proud wife to DH, mommy to DD 11/23/07, our little rainbow1284.gif baby boy 2/19/12. We vbac.gifnocirc.gifwinner.jpgcd.gif delayedvax.gifselectivevax.gif.femalesling.GIF

namaste.gif   *****Remember to love your boobies once a month!*** ribbonpink.gif

Old 04-07-2012, 05:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maternalove View Post
 It's a freaking bummer.

Yeah it is! I can't believe all this comfort nursing and over supply and even that can't stop my cycle. WTH!?

My check wasn't painful at all, but my bleeding did start after that and has picked up today.

User Tag List