Eeep! Has this sunk in for anyone else yet? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 06-24-2011, 09:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)

I still float around, lol.  Or I'll forget about the baby entirely and then something will trigger my thoughts, and then I'm like, oh YEAH, I'm pregnant!  :D :D :D :D

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

Younique has new products 9/1/14! Come check it out!!
Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!
#2 of 23 Old 06-24-2011, 02:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Bahaha. It hasn't hit me yet. I guess  I'm scared to believe it! I look at the sticks and it doesn't feel real. I dont' FEEL pregnant. Just terrified lol.

Mom to angel baby, grew wings at 5 weeks in May '07, William, born Dec '08, and another angel who grew wings at 8w4d (lost at 11w) in Oct '10. Rachel born Feb 2012, Another angel Lost Sept '13. New bean due Nov '14!
#3 of 23 Old 06-24-2011, 02:54 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, I ordered like 100 tests and so I have plenty to burn, and I keep taking one nearly every time I go to the bathroom, LOL.  Then when I watch it develop initially, it looks like it won't have a second line, and I'll go back in a minute and it's super dark and I'm wondering how it got so dark when it looked like such a nothing when the dye was first moving along.

I haven't told DH yet... I have a plan which hopefully will come into place on Monday.  :)

Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!
#4 of 23 Old 06-24-2011, 03:03 PM

Bahaha. Would you believe it, I've got you beat. I'd JUST bought 200 pregnancy and 200 ovulation tests online PLUS 50 more ovulation tests from a friend who's now 33 weeks pregnant. So I've been peeing on a lot of sticks.

What's your plan for telling dh? I blew up tons of balloons and when DH got home he asked what they were for. I just said "I'm pregnant" and he was like "b***s***! You're not!" LOL. Then hugged me.

Mom to angel baby, grew wings at 5 weeks in May '07, William, born Dec '08, and another angel who grew wings at 8w4d (lost at 11w) in Oct '10. Rachel born Feb 2012, Another angel Lost Sept '13. New bean due Nov '14!
#5 of 23 Old 06-24-2011, 06:36 PM

Proof that it hasn't sunk in: Today DH told me it was my turn to do litter. I said ok. He was like "I can't believe you didn't ream me out" I'm like "why, were you lying?" He's like "no! You're pregnant!!"

Duh. lol.

(FTR I know it's not really a big deal to do litter while pregnant. But I hate litter anyways so. ;)

#6 of 23 Old 06-24-2011, 08:21 PM - Thread Starter

Hahah yep, anything to get out of litter duty.  When we had some kitties, I went through a brief time where I was trying to toilet train them.  All I ended up with was a frustrated kitty and a lot of litter down the drain.  Good thing it was flushable, lol.  (And biodegradable). 

My plan for telling the hubby.  Okay.  So we moved into our little apartment four years ago, when DD was 7 months old.  Shortly after that, we were looking for something for the walls, and I found a poster-sized frame that had a collage mat inside it, so I got that, and collected a few Bible verses and a few pictures, of me and DH, me when I was pregnant, and us with DD at various ages from just a few weeks on up to 7 months.  I INTENDED to add more pictures and switch them out as she grew, and if we had any other children, to add them into the collage, too.  But, alas, I haven't updated it in four years, lol.  So I'm going through my photos and picking out 15 or so to put into the collage, including a photo of one of my HPTs.  I had to wait until I got one that was dark enough. lol.  So I'm going to put it all together and see how DH likes the update, now that it has all three of our children in it, lol.  I have a few other things to do this weekend so I probably won't get it done until Monday, which means he won't see it until Monday night/early Tuesday.

Although, with his mad observational skillz, he would probably notice my expanding belly way before the pictures on the wall, lol.  So if he doesn't notice it Tuesday morning, I'll alert it to him before he goes to work.  :D

#7 of 23 Old 06-24-2011, 08:45 PM

Lol that's hilarious. Good plan though. I don't know HOW you can sit next to your hubby, knowing you're pg and not break the secret lol.

#8 of 23 Old 06-25-2011, 09:13 PM

I couldn't keep the secret either if I was you!  I tried before... sneaking early morning tests while DH was asleep, but then I couldn't tell if the line was a line, and woke him up while searching for glasses.  Why would I need glasses at 5am?  He's too smart for me.  The next baby I had all planned out.  If I got a BFP it would show while we were on vacation to the place he proposed, so I took him to that spot and showed the test.... and he didn't agree it was positive.  Once we were home it was nice and dark, but obviously not a surprise by then.  This time I didn't think of anything at all... I was sooooo convinced I wasn't pregnant and just took a test because AF was late.  I showed it to DH in shock, and his response was "yeah, I thought so." 

It is starting to sink in.  I'm thinking twice before carrying DD around.  I've been doing the rubber band trick on my pants... not that they don't close, but it's not comfortable if I'm bending over at all. 

Janel, crochetsmilie.gif DIY/crafting addicted wife to DH treehugger.gif for 8 yrs, loving mama to DD1 notes.gif - 6 yrs, DD2energy.gif- 3 yrs, and baby 3 stork-suprise.gif due Feb/Mar 2012, planning our first waterbirth.jpg  homebirth.jpg

#9 of 23 Old 06-26-2011, 02:16 AM - Thread Starter

I posted a new thread with pics of how I'll reveal.  :D :D

http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1319267/pics-of-how-i-m-telling-dh-d#post_16523489

#10 of 23 Old 06-26-2011, 10:23 AM

Well, this pg was not planned so I have been really freaked out the last few days (and I think I'm about 13 or 14 dpo but the lines on the test are still very light).  DH and I actually just had a converstion maybe a month ago and decided that we were definitely done with two. but this morning I told him and started crying and he was actually really great about it.  He's not upset at all <3  since I have a history of m/c, we will just hold tight for a while and hope for the best!

#11 of 23 Old 06-28-2011, 12:05 PM

I just found out I was pregnant yesterday morning... and I'm feeling very confused! It was a totally unplanned pregnancy, and I wasn't even sure I wanted anymore children (I only have 1 right now). I'm confused as to what I'll be doing with my job, my life, etc. and I'm feeling sad over having my body change again so much in the next few months (I'm finally back to where I really like myself). I know, a bit superficial, but I think that it's really because I wasn't looking to get pregnant... and it really hasn't sunk in yet!

#12 of 23 Old 06-28-2011, 03:51 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

It doesn't sound superficial, rajouta. How we feel in our bodies, our jobs, etc. are such important elements of our identity.. make sense that you'd be feeling very ambivalent. Sending hugs, mama/

mama to DS 7/09 and DS 10/12 and married to DH
#13 of 23 Old 06-28-2011, 06:04 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post

Yeah, I ordered like 100 tests and so I have plenty to burn, and I keep taking one nearly every time I go to the bathroom, LOL.  Then when I watch it develop initially, it looks like it won't have a second line, and I'll go back in a minute and it's super dark and I'm wondering how it got so dark when it looked like such a nothing when the dye was first moving along.

I haven't told DH yet... I have a plan which hopefully will come into place on Monday.  :)

My, am I glad I am not the only one who does this!!!  haha!  I just bought a bunch of tests today when I was at the store with my mom.  She says, "do you really need that many tests?  You've taken one every day this week! I am sure you are pregnant."   Me, "well, I'll probably take one every week for the first three months or so." True? um... I'll probably take one once a day for that long.  I can't believe we are pregnant! :)

Sewing, gardening, home birthing, co-sleeping, extended nursing, cloth diapering, baby-wearing, home schooling, attachment parenting busy mommy to dd1 (7), dd2 (4), ds (1) and two in heaven. 

#14 of 23 Old 07-06-2011, 08:50 AM

I've known for a week now, so it's pretty real (along with sore boobs and nausea, yay). But even though I'm happy to be having this one (we have two that were very close together and thought we were done, but over the past year, I've been waffling between wanting more and thinking we're finished with two), I keep bursting into tears at random moments and freaking out about the idea of having THREE kids and this one will be five years younger than my second, which is really bothering me for some reason.

#15 of 23 Old 07-06-2011, 09:16 AM

No, it hasn't sunk in yet.  I get some minor symptoms, but for the most part I feel normal.  And I'm afraid to believe it, in case it doesn't last.  

Mommy to  N baby.gif, born 2/20/12.

#16 of 23 Old 07-06-2011, 01:28 PM

I keep forgetting and thinking "why do I feel like Cuss.gif? Oh yeah... pregnant... tee hee hee!"

twin boys born 11/28/08, pregnant with #3 due 3/13/12

#17 of 23 Old 07-06-2011, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post

You aren't the only one that likes to test and retest. 2whistle.gif When I miscarried, my ob actually asked if the test lines got darker and then if they got lighter again. It must be pretty common to keep testing. This time she asked me to get beta quants in the beginning to monitor things, so I haven't tested as much. Well...that and I should have ordered more tests. wink1.gif

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
#18 of 23 Old 07-06-2011, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffer View Post

I keep forgetting and thinking "why do I feel like Cuss.gif? Oh yeah... pregnant... tee hee hee!"

Hah hah... THIS!

#19 of 23 Old 07-07-2011, 07:05 AM

It most definitely has not sunk in yet. My youngest is only 8 months!!!  I've only taken 2 tests, one which was expired and one from the dollar store.  So, while I'm a bit excited I'm also hoping that both tests were incorrect (highly unlikely) horrors.gif

treehugger.gifnovaxnocirc.gifdp_femalesling.GIFwool.giflotbirth.gifcaffix.gifribbonjigsaw.gifcd.gif

#20 of 23 Old 07-09-2011, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyadri View Post

It most definitely has not sunk in yet. My youngest is only 8 months!!!  I've only taken 2 tests, one which was expired and one from the dollar store.  So, while I'm a bit excited I'm also hoping that both tests were incorrect (highly unlikely) horrors.gif

I found out I was expecting again when my first was 7 months old. It was a bit stressful, but let me tell you that after the first year, I was glad they were so close together. They're best buds most of the time and they tend to be into the same things at the same time. It's a little like twins. :) Course now that we're having another, we will have to plan to get pregnant quickly again after this one to get the same dynamic, lol.

#21 of 23 Old 07-11-2011, 03:06 PM

rajouta that's not superficial at all. Your post reminds me of last time I was pg. I had already decided I was done. I just had the rainbow baby I had wanted so much. Life was complete. So many new things were happening in other areas. I had all these plans that a pg and new baby did NOT fit into. Plus I had just completed a VERY challenging 12 weeks of P90X and was in the best shape of my life every and I wasn't going to be able to enjoy that for very long. It took me until after he was born for it to stop feeling surreal.

Then I felt bad and guilty because his pg wasn't like the others where I thought of him & of being pg every moment. I also felt bad that he was the only baby I got an epi with. Thankfully some wise mamas here helped me feel better about that. He was supposed to be my "baby" forever so I'd have time to make up for our "slow start" in the bonding department, now he may not be.

This time, I am in a much better mindset an I AM super excited even though we did not plan this baby and were TTA. I do worry about my son a little (the youngest now) but I'd rather not spend my time worrying. I know I will have to deal with those feelings sooner or later but want to set aside a time to do it not have it permeate thoughts all day every day.

Stacie (34)
DH (34) ~ DDs (14, 11, 10) ~ DS (6) ~ (11/06) ~ DD (3) ~ DS (1) ~ Surpise BFP 7/2011 pos.gif

Yes, I have a blog for moms too orngbiggrin.gif

#22 of 23 Old 07-11-2011, 03:09 PM

Oops forgot to answer the question - yes, in some ways it's IN (much more than last time) but at the same time it's been a few days since I tested and, since I have more tests, will probably take another one just to double check. smile.gif

Stacie (34)
DH (34) ~ DDs (14, 11, 10) ~ DS (6) ~ (11/06) ~ DD (3) ~ DS (1) ~ Surpise BFP 7/2011 pos.gif

Yes, I have a blog for moms too orngbiggrin.gif

#23 of 23 Old 07-12-2011, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelancemom View Post

I found out I was expecting again when my first was 7 months old. It was a bit stressful, but let me tell you that after the first year, I was glad they were so close together. They're best buds most of the time and they tend to be into the same things at the same time. It's a little like twins. :) Course now that we're having another, we will have to plan to get pregnant quickly again after this one to get the same dynamic, lol.

Freelancemom,

Thank you! You don't know how much I needed to hear that.  I have been so stressed out with ds the past few months because of colic and I felt like I was staring into a black tunnel when I found out I was pregnant again. Now that the colic is starting to subside and after reading your experience, I'm starting to feel more confident about baby#3!

treehugger.gifnovaxnocirc.gifdp_femalesling.GIFwool.giflotbirth.gifcaffix.gifribbonjigsaw.gifcd.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page