Any super planners already at it? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 26 Old 06-27-2011, 06:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I mean, besides ME!  ROTFLMAO.gif I just bought my birth pool since I'm going with a fishy pool and summer is the best time to get them... and the cheapest ones keep going out of stock.  I've been designing my newborn/infant diaper stash (I'm sewing about 90% of it).  I've been researching car seats too.  Oh dear, I really should think about cleaning my house and weeding the yard more than planning for a baby that won't make his/her appearance for another 8 months or so.  biggrinbounce.gif

Janel, crochetsmilie.gif DIY/crafting addicted wife to DH treehugger.gif for 8 yrs, loving mama to DD1 notes.gif - 6 yrs, DD2energy.gif- 3 yrs, and baby 3 stork-suprise.gif due Feb/Mar 2012, planning our first waterbirth.jpg  homebirth.jpg

#2 of 26 Old 06-27-2011, 09:04 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)

I've been trying to contact someone to encapsulate my placenta.  A couple months ago, I contacted her w/ a few emails w/ questions, and she answered right away, but now that I AM pregnant, she hasn't answered any of my e-mails.  :dunno: 

Carseats were bought at 1 DPO, LOL.  Glad we got two (one for DS, one for newbie, lol). 

Midwife has been called, first appointment's been made.

Maternity clothes have been ordered (found some used ones that I liked the look of on another message board I'm on).  Never mind that I still have nearly all of my clothes from DD and DS still... a big huge tote of them and a couple extra boxes full that wouldn't fit in the tote.  :giggle:

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

Younique has new products 9/1/14! Come check it out!!
Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!
#3 of 26 Old 06-27-2011, 09:15 PM

Despite the fact that I need to create a play room for all my dd's toys, and turn her bedroom into a shared bedroom, I seem to be obsessing over finding the perfect stroller.

Happily married to my soul mate, and a mommy of two girls + another baby due in June!

5****10****15****20****25****30****35**stillheart.gif*40

#4 of 26 Old 06-28-2011, 09:26 AM - Thread Starter

It's nice to know I'm not the only one! 

Maternity clothes... now that would be something practical for me to work on since we were done having kids and I got rid of all of mine and all our 0-6 mth baby clothes.  duh.gif  But I found this site: http://diymaternity.com/ ... some of it is very easy and cute!

And now I'm getting off the computer and cleaning.  Really.  Sheepish.gif

Janel, crochetsmilie.gif DIY/crafting addicted wife to DH treehugger.gif for 8 yrs, loving mama to DD1 notes.gif - 6 yrs, DD2energy.gif- 3 yrs, and baby 3 stork-suprise.gif due Feb/Mar 2012, planning our first waterbirth.jpg  homebirth.jpg

#5 of 26 Old 06-29-2011, 12:19 PM

hmmm, I have a lot of ideas running around in my head but I'm not going to buy/make/acquire anything until at least 8 weeks when we hear the heartbeat.  I've had 2 m/cs and it's an awful feeling to have to get rid of new baby stuff :(

(sorry, didn't mean to be a downer)

#6 of 26 Old 06-30-2011, 09:11 PM

You're not being a downer at all.  I think everyone thinks about it in the back of their minds - with or without a history of miscarriages.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunebugsMom View Post

hmmm, I have a lot of ideas running around in my head but I'm not going to buy/make/acquire anything until at least 8 weeks when we hear the heartbeat.  I've had 2 m/cs and it's an awful feeling to have to get rid of new baby stuff :(

(sorry, didn't mean to be a downer)

#7 of 26 Old 07-01-2011, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie2 View Post

You're not being a downer at all.  I think everyone thinks about it in the back of their minds - with or without a history of miscarriages.  

yeahthat.gif

Mommy to  N baby.gif, born 2/20/12.

#8 of 26 Old 07-07-2011, 05:37 AM

I am not planning on buying anything until after 20 weeks at least, except possibly maternity clothes.  Anyone have good suggestions for expanding my maternity wardrobe?  Also, going to need a winter coat this time; suggestions about that!?

Birthed a beautiful baby boy, Ethan, 11/11/09.
#9 of 26 Old 07-07-2011, 06:48 AM

There's a sidewalk sale going on in 2 weeks for a high end baby store near my home, and it's just a once a year event. I'm really hoping to get a good deal on an Uppababy stroller then (a friend did a couple years ago). I'd rather wait, but if I could save a couple hundred dollars it's worth the risk. Other than that, I have a huge shopping list in excel with links and prices. Although last time I shopped the entire pregnancy, I think this time I'll wait and do a mass online order around 36 weeks unless something goes on super sale or is just too cute to pass up.

Happily married to my soul mate, and a mommy of two girls + another baby due in June!

#10 of 26 Old 07-07-2011, 08:21 AM

This morning I got out some of my smaller and more work-appropriate maternity clothes and put them in the washing machine. Does that count as planning? I was a student last time I was pregnant, so my work-appropriate maternity wardrobe is pretty small.

Tess - Mom to Charlie (8/12/08)

#11 of 26 Old 07-08-2011, 06:11 PM

My maternity clothes are long gone, so I'm going to need to go shopping. I hope I still have a month or so. Ideally I won't need too much until the weather gets colder. I really don't want a summer and winter wardrobe. Last time I didn't start showing until 24 weeks, but I have a feeling I'm not going to last that long this time! At least longer shirts are in fashion now. Before all of my shirts were really short, so there was no way I could wear them.

#12 of 26 Old 07-08-2011, 06:24 PM

I haven't bought anything yet and I won't for a while, but I have been looking at diapers, new carriers, car seats, etc.

I got rid of all of my maternity clothes after DS was born so I'll be starting from scratch there, and I'll probably have to start soon. I know it's all bloat right now, but my pants are already uncomfortably tight.

Fortunately, since this isn't our first rodeo, we know we won't actually need much. What we really need is to finish up all the work we've been doing on our house since we'd like to have it on the market sometime around our due date.
#13 of 26 Old 07-08-2011, 06:47 PM

I've been looking at diaper sewing patterns, but that's about as far as I have gotten this time. I'll probably kick it into gear in a few weeks.

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
#14 of 26 Old 07-08-2011, 08:46 PM - Thread Starter

I did end up getting some diapers because they were clearanced and I didn't want to risk them going out of stock since my first choice already did.  We're doing 1/2 flats with this baby...I wanted GMD organics and bought Ikea flats.  1/2 of our diaper stash for $20... not bad!  :)

Maternity clothes aren't far off.  I feel like concealing this pregnancy would be a joke!

#15 of 26 Old 07-09-2011, 07:59 AM

I haven't done anything yet except check out cute baby stuff on Etsy. I'm traveling to Canada in a few weeks though, to visit my parents and I will probably buy baby clothes there since it's hard to find anything decent down here. My pants are already tight though, so I'm pretty sure I'll be getting maternity clothes before I head up there!

#16 of 26 Old 07-09-2011, 10:39 PM

I have been doing alot of online research as soon and DH gave the green light TTC. I have been researching car seats and cloth diaper vs regular and midwifes vs obgyn and looking into obgyn's and midwifes in my area, and doula's. So yeah I was planning even before I got BFP. I even have color themes and ideas for whether its a boy or girl and already have the girl name set and almost settled on a boy name. I have some maternity clothes still from DS but that was over 7 yrs ago and it was middle of summer and I did not have a professional job so just now starting to check out prices and places to find professional office attire maternity clothes. I think once we tell the families it will be harder for DH to reign in my over planning but probably wont start purchasing alot of baby stuff till we find out gender.

#17 of 26 Old 07-10-2011, 04:43 AM

GrowingPeaPod, not sure where you are, but JCPenny's has some suprisingly good business slacks for maternity wear, if you want to check them out.  The regular maternity jeans are that stretchy skinny jean style that i hate, but they also carry a non-maternity "common genes" brand that is close to plain and rediculosly stretchy and comfortable.

#18 of 26 Old 07-19-2011, 09:07 PM

Definitely a super planner here! We're holding out until fall (when the grad student stipend checks pick up again) to do any serious shopping, but I've been researching, making lists, and knitting so far.

Accomplished so far:
-knitted newborn hat and wool sleepsack that can double as diaper cover
-found tutorial for turning prefolds into fitteds
-decided on wool diaper covers this time, and found a good knitting pattern
-picked a carseat (we love ds's Graco My Ride 65, so another one of those)
-hopefully found a midwife
-have a girl's name and maybe a boy's

Simone (27), babywearing mama to Henry (2) and someone new coming in late October! love.gif

#19 of 26 Old 07-21-2011, 01:51 PM

I've been researching sewing and knitting patterns like crazy, lol.  We still have pretty much everything from when DS was little, plus some extra stuff because I run a daycare and keep getting teeny little babies!  However, we need to rebuild the diaper stash...in a bout of insanity (and house purging) sold DS's prefolds and BG 2.0s wild.gif , my sister has all the baby clothes (he son is 3m younger than DS and she has been storing the truckloads of baby clothes we shared) and I'm thinking we'll get a set of bottles for date nights when babe is a little bigger.

Of course, having everything does not keep me from wanting to replace things....DS's bucket carseat looks so old compared to all the cute new designs they have at BRU (I made the mistake of walking through there yesterday), and despite the fact that I have a moby and an Ergo, I still MUST make myself a ring sling and maybe a Mei Tai.....and maybe another mody in a different color, lol!  I guess my first step should be to see if my sister even wants to send the clothes, she's across the country now and is TTC so she may need them too.  Oh and the temptation to buy room decorations is so hard to fight, but there is no point since babe will be in our room for a good 2yrs at least (if we do things like with DS).

My first purchase specifically for this PG/baby (besides HPTs winky.gif) was pregnancy journal yesterday biggrinbounce.gif  (which I now need white out for, because I made several dating mistakes)

Laura (26)intactlact.gif DH (39)jammin.gifdrum.gif, DS (Jan 2008)
belly.gif#2 due in Dec 2012   brokenheart.gif 2/12 brokenheart.gif 8/11

#20 of 26 Old 07-21-2011, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janel47 View Post

I mean, besides ME!  ROTFLMAO.gif I just bought my birth pool since I'm going with a fishy pool and summer is the best time to get them... and the cheapest ones keep going out of stock.  I've been designing my newborn/infant diaper stash (I'm sewing about 90% of it).  I've been researching car seats too.  Oh dear, I really should think about cleaning my house and weeding the yard more than planning for a baby that won't make his/her appearance for another 8 months or so.  biggrinbounce.gif

Would you share that link to your fishy pool? I plan to labor at home as long as I can and want one.

I bought 14 nb fitteds a year ago when we first started ttc. I finished up the nb diapers before I found out I was pg. I think I have too many diapers now but what can you do...lol I bought come home outfits already too. I bought 2 boy outfits and 2 girl ones so I can pick which one I want to use. We are not planing on finding out gender.

I need to learn to knit short rows and then find some good wool and knit some diaper covers or I am going to have to use only pul and fleece covers.

I have our car seats from th e twins that are still good to use then when this one out grows it I have a sunshine radian to use if not sooner. I have all our baby stuff from my others except a bassinet and I like to start with one so I. Think I want the newborn rock n sleeper. We co sleep after that and don't even own a crib...

What am I missing? Lol

Sandra Mommy to Z 3/1/05, Z and Z Boy/girl twins 8/6/07, Z 8/5/09, and Z 3/23/12... Pregnant with #6 due in Aug!
#21 of 26 Old 07-21-2011, 08:31 PM

My shopping list is nearing completion. I decided to turn it into a registry at amazon while I was at it. They give a 10% discount in the end to complete your purchases, so why not. Also, you can register for things at other stores which is handy. So far I need to be putting $216 into the baby account each month + funding our HSA to pay for the midwife. I haven't selected any clothing though because I think I'll ask for clothing as shower gifts (because I'll have at least 3 knowing my husband's family), and I'd rather pick it up in stores when it's on sale.

As far as getting crafty... I'm doing a lot less this time than with my daughter. I sewed all of her bedding, curtains, decorations, and some clothes. I enjoyed it, but I just don't have the time this go around. I've started planning the playroom though. Since the baby will be sharing a room with my daughter, I want to get all of the toys out and just make it a sleeping place. I have priced out everything for bedroom decorating too, but we'll get to that after the playroom.

#22 of 26 Old 07-21-2011, 08:41 PM

The farthest I have gotten is getting some maternity clothes out of storage, and ordering some. I've been to store after store, and for some reason, they have almost no maternity selection now. I tried Kohl's, Target, Walmart, Old Navy...and they all barely have anything. (Especially in a size 20 - GRR!) I ended up having to order shorts from Old Navy, and I REALLY hope they fit. Right now I've only got some maternity gauchos and a few capris that I can squeeze into.

I started a registry, though. It is more to keep track of what we need at this point than for people to buy from.

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
#23 of 26 Old 07-22-2011, 07:18 AM

I stopped by the clinic on base to pick up a paperwork packet the same day I found out I was pregnant (Tuesday). Yesterday I turned in the packet and got an appointment for a dating ultrasound, since I wasn't having a cycle when I got pregnant and have only a rough idea on how far along I am. I jumped on this quickly because the earlier the ultrasound the more precise it is, and my homebirth midwives can only catch at home until 42 weeks, thus why I need an accurate date. Other than that, the only things I will need this time is an extra dozen diapers, an Ergo, and girl clothes if it's a girl. 

Proud wife to my handsome husband partners.gif Malachi David (2010) and Jeremiah Daniel (2012) joined our family via two lovely homebirths. Rainbow.gif Doula for 7 years and now finally an apprentice midwife! bellycast.gif 

bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifnovaxnocirc.gifcd.giffemalesling.GIF

#24 of 26 Old 07-22-2011, 01:14 PM

Mostly just getting my research;) I have been compiling a list. My clothes from my jan 09 baby are all yellow and green. So that is nice but this baby will be born to warmer weather:) We will get to buy a few things yet! I also want a cosleeper and a I need a new infant carrier:)

Living a life like no one else, with my husband, and all our children
#25 of 26 Old 07-22-2011, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter

Littlestinkers - http://www.amazon.com/Swim-Center-Ocean-Reef-Pool/dp/B00005OARQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1311368440&sr=8-1 .... here's the fishy pool, but Holy Pricejack!  It was $30 when I bought it last month. Lame!  Maybe you can find it cheaper elsewhere.

I'm jealous of you planning little wool soakers for your babies!  I've always wanted to use them, but I'm allergic to wool... or at least to all wool yarns I've ever felt.  Oh well, I have some cute PUL covers planned.  I can whip out 6-8 in an day whereas I'd be probably a week on a single pair of shorties if I didn't do much else.  :) 

I do have some knitting projects planned though... a sleep sack or two, some hats and mittens for both genders, and I'm about 3/4 finished with their baby blanket.  :)

I'm TRYING to focus my mind on making waldorf dolls though... I mostly want to do nothing, but I'm supposed to be paying the midwife with my doll sales and I haven't finished a single one since my BFP.  Urgh!

#26 of 26 Old 07-23-2011, 04:35 PM

Jealous of you being able to pay your midwife with stuff you make.... I wish I could do that...

I will watch that pool and see if the price goes down...

Sandra Mommy to Z 3/1/05, Z and Z Boy/girl twins 8/6/07, Z 8/5/09, and Z 3/23/12... Pregnant with #6 due in Aug!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page