Can ANYONE explain this weirdness??? Trying to figure out when I am actually due! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 06-29-2011, 05:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)

Hey all!  So happy to be here after 6 cycles of TTC. I am nursing my 14 month old, so my cycles were all over the place!  Because of that and my frustration that it was "taking so long," I decided to stop keeping track of temperature and cervical fluid and position!  Go figure I get pregnant once I decide that!  lol.

Advanced warning!!! The following may be TMI.

Anyway, I had what I thought was a period start on June 8.  It was lighter than normal but still had a day of heavy bleeding and a couple days of regular flow. It lasted 4 days or so (compared to my usual 6 or 7).  6 days later (the 14th) was the only time I did the deed (pathetic, I know... but my husband was on a really weird work schedule!!!) So, I 'know' that ovulation may have happened within a few days of that.  Thing is, usually I never ovulate that early.  The earliest I have ovulated in the past 6 months was 12 days after my period started. Then, 10 days later (the 24th) I have the worst nausea ever (usually don't get nauseas until around 6, 7 or 8 weeks pregnant based past pregnancies). SO, I tested the next morning and got a BFP dark line, no mistaking it. (10 DPO or less to get a BFP seems early to me though.)

I guess I am wondering WTH??  I am not really wanting an early ultrasound to figure this out.  And the planner in me wants to know whats up with this weirdness!  What is your opinion, Ladies? Do you think I got pregnant 'this cycle' or maybe last month??

**Although I attribute the pregnancy to me lightening up on the "trying," I am kicking myself that I don't know when I ovulated last!!! It is very unlike me!  Even when we are not trying to get pregnant, I am always on top on my ovulation and cycle changes! lol,

Sewing, gardening, home birthing, co-sleeping, extended nursing, cloth diapering, baby-wearing, home schooling, attachment parenting busy mommy to dd1 (7), dd2 (4), ds (1) and two in heaven. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 06-29-2011, 07:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

When was your last negative test?

Happily married to my soul mate, and a mommy of two girls + another baby due in June!

5****10****15****20****25****30****35**stillheart.gif*40

#3 of 7 Old 06-29-2011, 01:05 PM

I really really think you conceived last cycle already.  That would have been REALLY early ovulation.. and the fact that your bfp was so dark seems to confirm... and the nausea. 2 of my pgs were bfp at 10dpo and one was at 11 dpo, and they were LIGHT.
Were your tests darker than the control? Can you post them? If so, I definitely think you conceived last cycle.

Mom to angel baby, grew wings at 5 weeks in May '07, William, born Dec '08, and another angel who grew wings at 8w4d (lost at 11w) in Oct '10. Rachel born Feb 2012, Another angel Lost Sept '13. New bean due Nov '14!
#4 of 7 Old 06-29-2011, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter

That is a good question!  I haven't had a negative test for 2 or 3 periods because AF would always come before I got around to testing.  (I have a pretty short luteal phase.) 

Sewing, gardening, home birthing, co-sleeping, extended nursing, cloth diapering, baby-wearing, home schooling, attachment parenting busy mommy to dd1 (7), dd2 (4), ds (1) and two in heaven. 

#5 of 7 Old 06-29-2011, 03:11 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I would think you conceived last cycle, too... ! Can you get your hcg levels checked or an early dating scan?

mama to DS 7/09 and DS 10/12 and married to DH
#6 of 7 Old 06-30-2011, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the opinions. I am leaning toward thinking I conceived last cycle, too.  But, since I typically go 1+ week overdue, I am hesitant to burn an early date in my mind and risk going nuts when I see it come and go!  haha. I am going to talk to my midwife, who will, I am almost certain, suggest an early ultrasound.  I was hoping not to need one, but we shall see.   I am debating how long I should wait to have said appointment, though. 

#7 of 7 Old 06-30-2011, 10:55 AM

earlier is more acurate for dating.

Mom to angel baby, grew wings at 5 weeks in May '07, William, born Dec '08, and another angel who grew wings at 8w4d (lost at 11w) in Oct '10. Rachel born Feb 2012, Another angel Lost Sept '13. New bean due Nov '14!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page