Finding a midwife - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 06-29-2011, 06:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm really excited to find the perfect midwife. I'm a little frustrated though. Are all midwifes terrible at returning phone calls, or should I take that as a very bad sign. One group of midwifes was highly recommended by both the hypnobirthing instructor and a coworker, but I have submitted my information on their website, and left a phone message with no contact. It's been a week now. Another friend of mine recommended her midwife, and I had to call a couple of times to finally get an appointment set up. I've really enjoyed talking with her on the phone, but not returning calls is just a bad thing for me.

Happily married to my soul mate, and a mommy of two girls + another baby due in June!

5****10****15****20****25****30****35**stillheart.gif*40

#2 of 4 Old 07-01-2011, 05:47 PM

I'm in canada so midwives are free. Which means they are extremely busy and yes, sometimes they take a week to return that first phone call. (because they know it's not urgent.)

Mom to angel baby, grew wings at 5 weeks in May '07, William, born Dec '08, and another angel who grew wings at 8w4d (lost at 11w) in Oct '10. Rachel born Feb 2012, Another angel Lost Sept '13. New bean due Nov '14!
#3 of 4 Old 07-06-2011, 02:54 PM

Hmm, sounds like you're running into "hands off" MWs, which is not a bad thing. The key is finding a MW that meshes with your beliefs.

Whenever I call my midwife's office, the lady who answers the phone knows that if it is an emergency that you would have most likely called the MWs cell phone. She is always helpful, but always lets you know that if the MW is in the exam room or delivery that she will not be returning any phone calls for a while.

I try to always call the office phone first before the cell phone because I know that she is busy.

Faith, married to the BEST DH ever!!! lips.gif

Excited to become FTP's to our little May flower
EDD 5-15-2012 !!

#4 of 4 Old 07-06-2011, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter

I finally had some luck, and we interviewed her yesterday. We love her!

Happily married to my soul mate, and a mommy of two girls + another baby due in June!

5****10****15****20****25****30****35**stillheart.gif*40

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page