Symptoms.. - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 79 Old 07-30-2011, 09:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow. I have been experiencing mild symptoms a little different each day. Cramps, hungry, tired, etc. But WOW do my boobs hurt today. OW! A car ride was really painful! This hormonal stuff is just pure craziness.

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#62 of 79 Old 07-31-2011, 03:25 PM

Ok, this is ridiculous. I can't drive without a super uber sports bra.

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#63 of 79 Old 08-03-2011, 01:24 AM

I'm 6 weeks today! Symptoms thus far:

- Sore, swelling BBs and they just feel so different

- Acne breakouts

- Fatigue

- THIRSTY. I drink SO MUCH water and my mouth always feels dry

- Starving but nothing ever sounds good, or I get locked onto ONE thing that sounds good and that is all I want

- Only one gagging incident so far, and no super smelling abilities - but I have had a cold for the past 3 days so my stuffed nose might be to blame for that.

I have my u/s in 2 days, can't wait to see our bean and know that everything is ok!!!!

T-lynn (25) married DH on 28/07/07 partners.gif DD Isla born 28/03/12 diaper.gif TTC #2

#64 of 79 Old 08-03-2011, 05:16 AM

tanty I've got a set of similar symptoms, except no lock-on cravings yet. 

Would you could babydreams as a symptom? I dreamt last night that we had a beautiful baby boy, but we weren't ready yet (only one diaper on hand, no wipes). I tried to nurse but it didn't really work, and I had to go to work all day and leave baby with my Mom and DH. It was stressful but not terrifying. Each night I've been having similar baby dreams. Sigh...I never used to remember dreams I slept so hard. I am guessing those days are over for good, at least once baby arrives.

#65 of 79 Old 08-03-2011, 06:05 PM

For some reason my ribs are killing me. Last pregnancy I had costochondritis but not until much later in the pregnancy and they thought it was not related to the pregnancy. I'm starting to think it might be a pregnancy thing for me. It took about a month to go away last time. I hope it doesn't last long this time around. 

twin boys born 11/28/08, pregnant with #3 due 3/13/12

#66 of 79 Old 08-03-2011, 06:17 PM

Ohh my dear! My heart goes out to you! I had costochondritis from febuary til last month, after having bronchitis and an ear infection that I delayed getting treated. I coughed so hard I damaged my rib. Ohh it's the worst,  you can't even take a deep breath... Hope you feel better soon.

Mom to angel baby, grew wings at 5 weeks in May '07, William, born Dec '08, and another angel who grew wings at 8w4d (lost at 11w) in Oct '10. Rachel born Feb 2012, Another angel Lost Sept '13. New bean due Nov '14!
#67 of 79 Old 08-03-2011, 07:12 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with symptoms that come and go. I was starting to worry because my nausea and fatigue were easing up, but then today my dd's swimming lessons started back up. It's a 15 min walk each way (carrying a toddler in a wrap) with 45 mins of following my toddler around the playground in between.  Normally NBD, but today it wiped me out.  I sat on the couch for about an hour, and then lazed around on the couch for another hour with my toddler (getting him to nap) after lunch.  I have a bunch of cleaning up to do in the kitchen and I just don't want to.  I'm so tired.

My nausea was back again today, but I've been pretty lucky; gagging is the worst that has happened.  I really don't want to cook and nothing we have here sounds appetizing, but I'm daydreaming of all kinds of take out/restaurant food.  My dh just called from the city to say he's on his way home, and could he bring me some Wendy's?  I told him I would love him forever.

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

#68 of 79 Old 08-04-2011, 08:16 PM

I can add vomiting to the symptoms now! Puked for the first time this morning 2 minutes before leaving for the ultrasound. I think it was all that water that got me going. Important thing is everything looked great :) yay!

Also forgot to mention dizziness - and I was having pain on my lower right side, but my suspicion was confirmed at ultrasound...cyst on my right ovary, again! Tech said it's nothing to worry about in pregnancy though, thank goodness.

T-lynn (25) married DH on 28/07/07 partners.gif DD Isla born 28/03/12 diaper.gif TTC #2

#69 of 79 Old 08-04-2011, 10:40 PM

Lately, I'm nauseous, everything smells so strong, I have to pee a lot, it has been hard to actually stay hydrated, and unfortunately, I'm getting constipated. My diet is good, I get my fluids and fiber, but progesterone is messing with me. I've had aversions to a lot of foods, too. I've been mostly wanting bland foods, steamed rice, and fruits.

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
#70 of 79 Old 08-10-2011, 08:12 AM

I've been noticing symptoms that are unusual for me.  Hypersalivation, tinnitus (I often have mild ringing in my ears, but at times it gets pretty loud now), sore gums, and allergies (apparently, pregnancy can aggravate them -- I sometimes go all season without any allergy symptoms, but I've been stuffy and drippy and coughing and itchy all week).   My gag reflex is super sensitive when I'm brushing my teeth/tongue or leaning over or chewing gum, but thankfully not when I'm taking pills. My allergies make my pallet itchy, but when I try to scratch it with my tongue, it sets off my gag reflex.  And that makes me sad.  I get out of breath so easily; I think it's partly a preg symptom and partly from the allergy congestion.  I've had all of these in at least one pregnancy, but not all in the same one at the same time.  

I've never really had a super nose when pregnant before, but I do now.  Ugh.  It's not just that things smell strongly, which is how I always pictured it, but that foods smell *off* so easily.  Blech.

I'm also way more irritable than I have ever been; I may have complained about this here before.  Sheepish.gif  It really just amazes me how I feel like a completely different, totally unreasonable person one day, and then I'm back on an even keel the next.  I'm also having anxiety symptoms on and off.  I googled it, figuring I wouldn't really find anything, and when I did find a list of anxiety symptoms, the first few sounded like stuff that would happen during pregnancy anyway -- difficulty sleeping, changes in eating patterns, etc.  But then it mentioned extreme irritability, being startled easily, and feeling "jumped up" or high strung.  That's totally how I feel some days.  I don't generally startle, and with a family of 7 people in the house, there is often going to be someone where you're not expecting them.  But several times a day when I'm feeling like that, all I have to do is turn around and see someone there and I jump and yell and my heart is racing.  And I have times where I feel like I'm totally pumped on adrenaline, but all I'm doing is putting away dishes.  shrug.gif  It feels so weird.  

I'm glad, though, because none of my symptoms are really debilitating -- the nausea isn't 24/7, and I've only dry heaved.  My back & legs still feel pretty good.  Migranes, severe morning sickness, things like that don't seem to be a problem.  It's just all these small things that add up and make me feel like I'm totally not myself.

#71 of 79 Old 08-10-2011, 11:41 AM

My symptoms were pretty manageable until yesterday. Super-sniffer, fatigue, insomnia, low-grade nausea, easily out of breath. Then yesterday I puked all day long. Eight times. I couldn't keep anything down. Called my mw this morning and she gave me some suggestions. Today has been better, partially because I worked from home. Ugh. I can't keep doing this indefinitely, though...  I had similar symptoms (though not as much vomiting) with DD, but they didn't kick in until later. This whole thing is just really getting me down because it's keeping me from my normal routine. But at least I can be pretty sure that baby is strong.

treehugger.gif geek.gif Mama to Lauren Philippa Elethea (3) energy.gifand expecting a little Jay bird March 2012! 3rdtri.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28*babygirl.gif*32***36***40**

#72 of 79 Old 08-10-2011, 12:12 PM

in bed just about 24/7 with ickies:(  Zofran keeps me from vomiting but doesn't help me enough to help me out of bed.  I have 2 crying spells a day.  I feel so abnormal.  My poor little family just waits on me hand and foot.  Sorry for the complaints.  I hope we all feel better soon<3<3<3  Here's to ROCKIN healthy babies!!

Married to the love of my life for 12 years...Robertjoy.gif Together we have a beautiful, brown-eyed 5 year old daughter Milan energy.gifLooking forward to the arrival of our bundle of love March 1, 2012 stork-girl.gif

#73 of 79 Old 08-10-2011, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilkat View Post

My symptoms were pretty manageable until yesterday. Super-sniffer, fatigue, insomnia, low-grade nausea, easily out of breath. Then yesterday I puked all day long. Eight times. I couldn't keep anything down. Called my mw this morning and she gave me some suggestions. Today has been better, partially because I worked from home. Ugh. I can't keep doing this indefinitely, though...  I had similar symptoms (though not as much vomiting) with DD, but they didn't kick in until later. This whole thing is just really getting me down because it's keeping me from my normal routine. But at least I can be pretty sure that baby is strong.

I work from home too.  What do you do?

Married to the love of my life for 12 years...Robertjoy.gif Together we have a beautiful, brown-eyed 5 year old daughter Milan energy.gifLooking forward to the arrival of our bundle of love March 1, 2012 stork-girl.gif

#74 of 79 Old 08-10-2011, 12:17 PM

Just when I think I have it bad, I am going to think of you ladies with your 24/7 vomiting. My complaints are relentless fatigue and some headaches. My food cravings are typical, but nothing I can do anything about. I really want Panera today. I mean really really want Panera, but I live an hour from the nearest one.

The lethargy is tough.

My sympathies to you mamas who are truly suffering. Hang in there.

Mom to two boys and expecting a babygirl.gif in May, 2014!
#75 of 79 Old 08-10-2011, 12:51 PM

lilkat, 8 times yesterday?  Yikes!  I think that's about how many times I've thrown up total in all of my pregnancies.  So sorry you're going through that.  I hope things improve.

#76 of 79 Old 08-11-2011, 07:08 AM

I started feeling a little better yesterday; still not great, but at least I was able to get out of bed today. Thanks for all the sympathy.

Kiyla - I work for a very small software company. Our main product is a web application for paramedic and EMT education (study tools, tests, clinical tracking and scheduling, etc.). I'm a programmer, so I can work from home if I need to, although it's better for me to be in the office. What do you do?

treehugger.gif geek.gif Mama to Lauren Philippa Elethea (3) energy.gifand expecting a little Jay bird March 2012! 3rdtri.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28*babygirl.gif*32***36***40**

#77 of 79 Old 08-11-2011, 10:26 AM

I'm feeling so much less queasy today, and I have more energy.  I think it helped that I had cheese for breakfast, and it was cloudy and cool for our walk to/stay at swimming lessons.  My weird symptoms are still around, though; I totally spit in my 3 yo's eye while talking to him -- he was so offended -- and on my lunch while I was getting it ready.  I had aural migraine this morning -- they're painless, but I get the visual aura people sometimes get with migraines.  

#78 of 79 Old 08-11-2011, 08:29 PM

Does anyone else get a feeling of a pinch in the cervix? It's a sharp pain and kind of annoying. Like a mean pap smear.

#79 of 79 Old 08-11-2011, 08:46 PM

I had that pinching sensation in the cervix, but later on. It was the baby's head moving against the cervix. Passing gas or stool that pushes against the cervix might cause that feeling, too.

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page