Symptoms.. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 79 Old 06-30-2011, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey all, how is everyone doing re: symptoms. I am not feeling much, except pretty awful fatigue late afternoon. A little queasiness here and there, and *maybe* sore breasts. It's hard to really discern as I am still breastfeeding but it for sure feels very different from my first pregnancy. Mind you, I am only 4 weeks and 1 day pregnant!!!

Alex

jog.gif   mama to DS 7/09 and married to DH bikenew.gif

#2 of 79 Old 06-30-2011, 06:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I don't have any nausea yet, but my acupuncturist has been trying to keep it away. I have been tired though, but not consistently like I was with my dd. My bbs are really sore though, so that's comforting! As miserable as the first trimester symptoms are, they're a good sign!

Happily married to my soul mate, and a mommy of two girls + another baby due in June!

5****10****15****20****25****30****35**stillheart.gif*40

#3 of 79 Old 06-30-2011, 07:39 PM

I'm thrilled to have ANY symptoms. My first pregnancy I was basically symptom-less and miscarried at 9 weeks. Right now this is what I'm feelin':

No desire for coffee, not an aversion really but just weird to not crave it (same as 1st preg)

Tiny bit of afternoon nausea

No desire for sex

Ex-****-ted

My right breast is normally tender around the time AF arrives, but now it is like a hot iron rod being shoved in there. Yikes!

Had a tingly nipple sensation for a short while

Because of my past experience I would rather be puking than syptomless (ask me again in a month wink1.gif ), so bring on the misery!

Baking a cupcake at 98.6°. This little lady is due early March 2012.

***4***8***12***16****20***24***28***32*ecbaby.gif*36***40**

#4 of 79 Old 06-30-2011, 08:13 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)

Ahhh... Pregnancy symptoms! lol.  It's truly a love/hate relationship!

I am crazy queasy ALL.THE.TIME!!!  Eating seems to help but I am not a big fan of food right now as nothing seems appealing.

**You know you are pregnant when...  Your husband says, "Let's walk up to DQ."  And you reply, "Ugh! I can't even think of ice cream right now!"  All the while you know that this will change and ice cream will soon become a craving you (unsuccessfully) try to ward off each and every night with carrot sticks and peanut butter!  eat.gif

Sewing, gardening, home birthing, co-sleeping, extended nursing, cloth diapering, baby-wearing, home schooling, attachment parenting busy mommy to dd1 (7), dd2 (4), ds (1) and two in heaven. 

#5 of 79 Old 07-01-2011, 06:09 AM

I have some minor breast soreness and a tiny bit of midmorning nausea, but I don't really count those as real symptoms, because I have felt those exact things in many luteal phases before where I wasn't pregnant.  

I had a bunch of cramping on 12DPO, and a little bit of cramping since, some lightheadedness and a bit extra tired.  Those ones I count as symptoms since I don't get those in a normal luteal phase.

But really, I feel pretty close to normal, so I don't think it's really hit me yet that this is REAL!

Mommy to  N baby.gif, born 2/20/12.

#6 of 79 Old 07-01-2011, 12:34 PM

It's' weird--I guess I am about 5 weeks today and I feel like I'm having a ton of "symptoms" already!  but for now I am happy about that because it means I am still pregnant :)

sore, heavy breasts

mild nausea that comes and goes--not too bad

dizziness/lightheadedness/feeling "out of it"

irritability

serious hunger

sciatic nerve pain--this makes NO sense because women usually have this late in pregnancy!?

fatigue, but having trouble falling asleep at night

#7 of 79 Old 07-01-2011, 01:41 PM

Symptoms......Well I am about 8wks and I was feeling symptoms at 4wks.  The bland taste in my mouth, EXTREME FATIGUE and nausea.  I feel like my patience is almost non existent and my breasts hurt ALL THE TIME.  I'm always hungry but cant stand to think about food and I am moving like I'm in my 8th month.  I've been here 2 times before but my kids are 11 and 12 now so needles to say I've been out of the game for a while.  Even still I dont remember feeling like this so early on.  When I was pregnant with my son it was smooth until it was time to deliver (32hrs).  I didnt start showing until my 5th month.  My daughter in my 4th month (8hrs), she took more out of me but the pregnancies were so close together my body adjusted well.  Now (at 32) I'm still in my first TM and I feel like I'm not going to make it.  Yes indeed Prego at 32 is nothin like prego at 20 and 21.  I am hoping for healthy twins bcause this is surely itdisappointed.gif

#8 of 79 Old 07-01-2011, 03:22 PM

So you can imagine that pregnant at 38 is no picnic biggrinbounce.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommiT View Post

Symptoms......Well I am about 8wks and I was feeling symptoms at 4wks.  The bland taste in my mouth, EXTREME FATIGUE and nausea.  I feel like my patience is almost non existent and my breasts hurt ALL THE TIME.  I'm always hungry but cant stand to think about food and I am moving like I'm in my 8th month.  I've been here 2 times before but my kids are 11 and 12 now so needles to say I've been out of the game for a while.  Even still I dont remember feeling like this so early on.  When I was pregnant with my son it was smooth until it was time to deliver (32hrs).  I didnt start showing until my 5th month.  My daughter in my 4th month (8hrs), she took more out of me but the pregnancies were so close together my body adjusted well.  Now (at 32) I'm still in my first TM and I feel like I'm not going to make it.  Yes indeed Prego at 32 is nothin like prego at 20 and 21.  I am hoping for healthy twins bcause this is surely itdisappointed.gif

#9 of 79 Old 07-01-2011, 05:46 PM

No real symptoms for me. I never get many. No cramps, spotting, nausea, nothing. The nightmares have begun, though. And I can feel my fundus....

Mom to angel baby, grew wings at 5 weeks in May '07, William, born Dec '08, and another angel who grew wings at 8w4d (lost at 11w) in Oct '10. Rachel born Feb 2012, Another angel Lost Sept '13. New bean due Nov '14!
#10 of 79 Old 07-01-2011, 06:38 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)

I've maybe been slightly more tired than normal, maybe have to pee a few more times, but other than that, no symptoms yet, really.  I'm 4w3d today.  With the other two, I did get nauseous, but not until around 6 weeks.  But I have no bloating, no hunger, no nausea, no breast enlargement or tenderness, nothing at all. 

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

I'm a Younique Presenter. Come check it out!!
Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!
#11 of 79 Old 07-02-2011, 10:28 AM

I started off with no symptoms and really only took a pregnancy test because i was late, not because I was actually looking for two lines!

But here at 6 wks:

-I've gone up slightly more than a cup size (just below D to definite DD) and have VEEERRRYYY sore bbs

-Morning sickness is here.  It's patchy though, I'm either starving or I'm queasy.  One trip to hug the toilet so far.

-Craving produce... YAY!!!!  Last pregnancy I craved processed sugar, so I'm all for a veggie-loving baby this time!  I had the most intense craving for BBQ chicken/corn relish salad yesterday and it was SOOOOOO good, I almost wanted to cry when I got too full to eat anymore.  Thankfully this is a regular summer meal for us.  Maybe I'll make it again tonight to ease the pain of not eating sushi with friends.  We haven't told them yet and they picked up a high mercury variety of fish to bring over, so I can't even cook up my portion. 

-Easily tired, although daily naps aren't necessary this week

-Loose muscles... I have to be careful how I twist and hold my abdomen when I sneeze

-No more buttoning my pants and have started the rubberband trick. I can get them closed when I'm standing, but too uncomfortable otherwise.

-Super smelling

-Generally emotional and irritated at stuff... oh boy, I'm going to be fun to live with until March!

-Bad temperature regulation... I'm begging for A/C when it's still cool inside and the second it clicks on I'm freezing.

-etc

-etc

-etc

Yes, I feel pregnant.  I'm beginning to doubt I'll be able to hide it in public for long.

Janel, crochetsmilie.gif DIY/crafting addicted wife to DH treehugger.gif for 8 yrs, loving mama to DD1 notes.gif - 6 yrs, DD2energy.gif- 3 yrs, and baby 3 stork-suprise.gif due Feb/Mar 2012, planning our first waterbirth.jpg  homebirth.jpg

#12 of 79 Old 07-02-2011, 11:39 AM

I'm 4w2d and no real nausea yet, just some fleeting waves here and there.  With DD that didn't really start until around 7 weeks and was non-stop until 14 weeks.  I'm enjoying it while I can!

I have been feeling really tired though.  I think the fact that I'm still nursing isn't helping with that either.

The worst is how sensitive my breasts, especially my nipples, are.  It feels like DD is nursing shards of glass out of me yikes.gif!!!

Take care Mamas!

“He allowed himself to be swayed by his conviction that human beings are not born once and for all on the day their mothers give birth to them, but that life obliges them over and over again to give birth to themselves.” 

- Gabriel García Márquez

#13 of 79 Old 07-02-2011, 11:39 AM

Oh, I forgot to mention round ligament pain.  Isn't it too early for that?

Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!
#14 of 79 Old 07-02-2011, 11:46 AM

Morning sickness is starting to creep in, and I have to rest and recover from EVERYTHING! And last night I couldn't sleep because I felt like there were little bugs crawling all over me. It was horrible!

Happily married to my soul mate, and a mommy of two girls + another baby due in June!

5****10****15****20****25****30****35**stillheart.gif*40

#15 of 79 Old 07-02-2011, 05:59 PM

I'm already having it a little bit here and there.  crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post

Oh, I forgot to mention round ligament pain.  Isn't it too early for that?

#16 of 79 Old 07-02-2011, 07:14 PM

I am 4 weeks and have some of the same symptoms :

-Every time I lay down I fall asleep. Sometimes I am half asleep but cannot get up - I told my husband the other night, 'I can hear you, I just feel like I am paralyzed, so keep talking.'

-I have been having wild dreams, but I actually like this - so vivid and clear.

-I have had cramping, I figure this is baby number three and that is normal, plus my last baby did a number on me and I had to basically put my uterus in a sling for most of my pregnancy.

-I have been sooo hungry, but the thought of making anything for myself makes me lose my appetite.  I am vegan and my family is not, so I usually make 2 meals a night, but not lately.

-I have been so irritable.  Not good when both my kids are home all day with me during the summer.  

I don't know how long my clothes are going to last either!!!!  I am trying to remember when I started showing with my other two and I cannot remember (did I mention that I cannot remember anything either?)

#17 of 79 Old 07-02-2011, 08:21 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamathomas View Post

The worst is how sensitive my breasts, especially my nipples, are.  It feels like DD is nursing shards of glass out of me yikes.gif!!!

My breasts are starting to get sensitive, too.  First, it was just while towel drying. Now, slight pain when starting nursing.  I remember the shards of glass coming out of my nipples last pregnancy while nursing yikes2.gif ... Sooooooo NOT looking forward to that happening!!! 

Sewing, gardening, home birthing, co-sleeping, extended nursing, cloth diapering, baby-wearing, home schooling, attachment parenting busy mommy to dd1 (7), dd2 (4), ds (1) and two in heaven. 

#18 of 79 Old 07-02-2011, 10:25 PM

I'm feeling queasy and have almost vomited a few times already. Yuck. I'm starting to have to pee more often and am getting up in the night to go, too.

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
#19 of 79 Old 07-03-2011, 04:28 AM - Thread Starter

A few more moments of queasiness here but not too much so far. I had hyperemesis last time around and I am hoping not to have to go through that again. I am slightly nervous, though, that I am not more sick even though I am only 4 weeks 4 days! The other thing that I am not experiencing is very sore breasts. I am breastfeeding, too, so I don't know what to think. I used to experience terrible soreness when I was PMSing but since my period returned that hasn't happened, so I wonder if this is my new normal with breastfeeding. It is irritating when DS nurses but not really painful.

But the fatigue... wow. It hits mid/late afternoon and I am wiped out. We are in the process of building a house and packing all our stuff here so last night I was sorting clothes, etc and I was just plain exhausted but then couldn't get to sleep. Gah.

Also some cramping here and there, which is what I had with DS. Nothing painful, just a 'oh, I can feel stuff going on down there'.

#20 of 79 Old 07-03-2011, 05:36 AM

Oh, I forgot one in my previous post.  LOTS MORE PIMPLES!  Joy.  

Mommy to  N baby.gif, born 2/20/12.

#21 of 79 Old 07-03-2011, 10:30 AM

Yeah I got all pimply yesterday.  :(  Not a fan of that, lol.

#22 of 79 Old 07-03-2011, 10:36 AM

also, I have been crying at the drop of a hat.  Poor DH and kiddos.

#23 of 79 Old 07-03-2011, 09:07 PM

Ugh - I'm getting dizzy today. I have to remember to take it easy to stand up, and I've been staying out of the heat. I have a seriously queasy stomach and as soon as I wake up, I have to get something in my stomach or I'll get sick. So far B6 and Unisom have kept me from getting sick. Last time I lost 20lbs from vomiting, had a really stressful job, and didn't have a supportive doctor...luckily things have changed.

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
#24 of 79 Old 07-03-2011, 09:10 PM

Harmony I've had a little extra acne already in the tww. No fun.

Mom to angel baby, grew wings at 5 weeks in May '07, William, born Dec '08, and another angel who grew wings at 8w4d (lost at 11w) in Oct '10. Rachel born Feb 2012, Another angel Lost Sept '13. New bean due Nov '14!
#25 of 79 Old 07-04-2011, 12:57 AM

Oh my goodness, at 11pm ate an entire box of Annie's Mac and Cheese. Somehow still feeling both starving and revolted at the same time. Only cried at random things twice today though, so there's a plus. ;)

Baking a cupcake at 98.6°. This little lady is due early March 2012.

***4***8***12***16****20***24***28***32*ecbaby.gif*36***40**

#26 of 79 Old 07-04-2011, 01:53 AM

I don't have any symptoms yet other than a little bit of cramping. On my first pregnancy, I had cramps so bad I caved and took Tylenol, and even that didn't take them away completely. This time, just like mild menstrual cramps. Other than that, I feel fine and keep forgetting that I'm pregnant!

Tess - Mom to Charlie (8/12/08)

#27 of 79 Old 07-04-2011, 02:15 AM - Thread Starter

lol.gif Molly!

Much more nausea last night and hello insomnia. Asleep at 11:30 (usually I'm sound asleep by 9:30) and woke up 3:45.... sleepytime.gif

#28 of 79 Old 07-04-2011, 06:41 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

No symptoms for me yet. I'm only 4w4d. My pregnancies usually are pretty easy, so I'm not expecting this to be any different.

Life is to be enjoyed...not just endured!
#29 of 79 Old 07-04-2011, 11:28 AM

I still don't really have any symptoms, so I got a new test today (my Wondfos haven't really been getting much more darker), and I think I can believe it now.  The test line is nearly black on this one b/c it sucked up so much dye, lol. 

070411equate.jpg

#30 of 79 Old 07-04-2011, 11:42 AM

I think  you're pregnant lol.

JunebugsMom likes this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page