Freaking out!! UPDATED... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 07-01-2011, 05:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)

After a good week of strong BFPs, I tested myself yesterday and got a BFN.  Woke up this morning...  another BFN. 

No cramping, no  bleeding. 

So sad I may be leaving you ladies! :(

We shall see.

Sewing, gardening, home birthing, co-sleeping, extended nursing, cloth diapering, baby-wearing, home schooling, attachment parenting busy mommy to dd1 (7), dd2 (4), ds (1) and two in heaven. 

#2 of 21 Old 07-01-2011, 05:45 AM - Thread Starter

Ok, the more I look at this thing, the more I see a faint line... very faint.  Hubby saw it first, so i am not imagining it.  Is the strength of the line indicitive of the hormone level? 

Sewing, gardening, home birthing, co-sleeping, extended nursing, cloth diapering, baby-wearing, home schooling, attachment parenting busy mommy to dd1 (7), dd2 (4), ds (1) and two in heaven. 

#3 of 21 Old 07-01-2011, 06:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodieanneanton View Post

Ok, the more I look at this thing, the more I see a faint line... very faint.  Hubby saw it first, so i am not imagining it.  Is the strength of the line indicitive of the hormone level? 

Well, if you had 1000 tests and made a graph of strength of line vs HCG level, there would be some correlation for sure.  But the tests are only meant to be qualitative, not quantitative, (meaning a yes/no result, they aren't intended to indicate the strength).  So you can't trust the strength of the line to accurately measure the amount of HCG.  Different brands or different batches in the same brand may have slightly more or less dye, your pee may be more or less concentrated, etc, etc.  That being said though, you shouldn't be getting negatives after positives if the HCG is rising.  Maybe wait a day or two and try again.  I hope you aren't leaving us.  greensad.gif

Mommy to  N baby.gif, born 2/20/12.

#4 of 21 Old 07-01-2011, 07:50 AM

oh no, so sorry for this anxiety. I am a serial tester and I had a fainter line on Tues - two times - and I thought that that was it for me. The next day - and on different tests - the line was increasingly darker. Can you get in to see your Dr so that they can do a quantitative test to see what your levels are? Or, to put your mind at rest immediately, get a digital test so there is less ambiguity?

Hugs, mama. I hope you're staying with us.hug2.gif

jog.gif   mama to DS 7/09 and married to DH bikenew.gif

#5 of 21 Old 07-01-2011, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter

zubeldia,  I went to get more tests and got the digital "pregnant"  "Not Pregnant" test.  Figured that would mean less anxiety.  Took test right away, got "pregnant" result.  For a quantitative test, my midwife said I would need two tests 48 hours apart.

p?c1=2&c2=6036161&cv=2.0&cj=1
Quantcast
However, the office closed early and will not reopen until Tuesday which is when I leave to go on vacation.  By then, however, I will know (hopefully) what this is all about.

Kyamo, Thanks for the info.

#6 of 21 Old 07-01-2011, 01:24 PM

False negatives are pretty common but NOT false positives, so I hope you can feel some relief. I had HCG testing my last pregnancy and it was very reassuring. I meant to ask you if the tests with the faint lines/negative result were from the same batch?

#7 of 21 Old 07-01-2011, 05:43 PM

I agree that in general you'll see a general trend towards darker test lines. But they can vary a lot. Some tests just haev more or less dye/reactive enzyme, and sometimes your pee is more or less concentrated. I also think that whether you catch the first/middle/end of the stream of pee affects the HCG concentration.

To be honest, if you were getting good lines for a week you shouldn't be having trouble seeing lines now. :( I admit I'm nervous for you. :(

Mom to angel baby, grew wings at 5 weeks in May '07, William, born Dec '08, and another angel who grew wings at 8w4d (lost at 11w) in Oct '10. Rachel born Feb 2012, Another angel Lost Sept '13. New bean due Nov '14!
#8 of 21 Old 07-02-2011, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter

Well, it's been over 24 hours and I am still testing positive on the digital tests I am taking.  No bleeding, no cramping still.  Just wanted to give you all an update.

**Zubeldia, the very faint lines were on Answer brand pregnancy tests, which I never usually use but sort of inherited from a friend. So maybe it was just the brand? 

Sheesh!  Still feeling like I am in limbo, though. 

#9 of 21 Old 07-02-2011, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodieanneanton View Post

Well, it's been over 24 hours and I am still testing positive on the digital tests I am taking.  No bleeding, no cramping still.  Just wanted to give you all an update.

**Zubeldia, the very faint lines were on Answer brand pregnancy tests, which I never usually use but sort of inherited from a friend. So maybe it was just the brand? 

Sheesh!  Still feeling like I am in limbo, though. 

That's great!  Are you saying that the brand of the tests that were giving you negatives or faint lines was different from the brand of the tests that gave you strong lines?  If so, that's a great sign, as the other brand may just be less sensitive.  

#10 of 21 Old 07-03-2011, 03:25 AM - Thread Starter

Just to update everyone...

Got a BFN today with the digital test.  The words "Not Pregnant" just glared at me in the test window.  This is the first time I have lost a pregnancy.  No bleeding or spotting yet, though.  In your experience, when can I expect that to start?

I am too numb for words, so I am gonna try to go back to sleep.

Good Luck to all of you ladies.  I really enjoyed getting to know you.

#11 of 21 Old 07-03-2011, 04:23 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

I'm so sorry to hear that.  :(

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

I'm a Younique Presenter. Come check it out!!
Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!
#12 of 21 Old 07-03-2011, 04:32 AM

oh, I am so sorry to hear that. I don't have any experience of baby loss but I am sure you will find some wise advice from others hug2.gif

Take care, Mama.

#13 of 21 Old 07-03-2011, 05:27 AM

Oh no!  I'm so sorry.  hug2.gif

#14 of 21 Old 07-03-2011, 10:38 AM

oh no, I am so sorry :(  I'm not sure about what you can expect--my losses always started with the bleeding.

#15 of 21 Old 07-03-2011, 11:09 AM

I am so sorry for your loss. With my 5 week pregnancy I only had very light lines for a few days. Then I stopped testing, and a few days later I woke up to essentially my period so I tested and it was negative. So I assume now that it's negative, you might just have to wait a few more days for the progesterone to come down, but you'll probably start bleeding soon. There's an awesome thread on MDC called "what EXACTLY to expect with a miscarriage". It helped me a lot through both my losses.

Hugs.

Mom to angel baby, grew wings at 5 weeks in May '07, William, born Dec '08, and another angel who grew wings at 8w4d (lost at 11w) in Oct '10. Rachel born Feb 2012, Another angel Lost Sept '13. New bean due Nov '14!
#16 of 21 Old 07-03-2011, 09:04 PM

I'm so sorry. I lost my last pregnancy at 6w1d. I woke up to soaked panties, and had light bleeding for four days. I recommend that thread, as well. It has a lot of great information from women that were at all different stages in their pregnancies.

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
#17 of 21 Old 07-03-2011, 09:37 PM

I'm so sorry :( hug2.gif

Happily married to my soul mate, and a mommy of two girls + another baby due in June!

5****10****15****20****25****30****35**stillheart.gif*40

#18 of 21 Old 07-04-2011, 09:29 AM

I'm so sorry also! 

Mrs. S - Crunchy child of The King, Wife to my best friend, and Mama to my many blessings.

#19 of 21 Old 07-06-2011, 08:42 AM

So sorry to hear this. :( I always had spotting with my losses and cramps and then serious bleeding around 6-8 weeks. I think everyone is different, but you will probably have some bleeding within the next few days. If not, see a doctor and get an ultrasound. I am really sorry you have to go through this. :(

#20 of 21 Old 07-07-2011, 01:18 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers and comments.  The advice to visit the pregnancy and birth loss forum was/is really helpful!  Hopefully I will be in a DDC soon.  Good luck to you all!

Jodie

#21 of 21 Old 07-07-2011, 02:29 PM

I'm so sorry! You will be missed. hug2.gif

twin boys born 11/28/08, pregnant with #3 due 3/13/12

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page