Bleeding after Sex - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 07-02-2011, 08:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Congrats to everyone!  I am worried because I miscarried last cycle at 4w6d and chemical pregnancy before that. This will (hpefully) be Baby #3.

Today I am only 4w2d, and I am having some bleeding after sex. I will definitely *not* be having any more sex for a while, but looking for some comfort pretty please -- someone who has had some bleeding after sex in early pregnancy and then had everything turn out fine? Anyone? How long should the bleeding last?

#2 of 6 Old 07-02-2011, 11:05 AM

I bled a lot when I was pregnant with ds. Just constantly from 7dpo until 8 weeks pregnant. And after that I still bled after sex for a few weeks. Baby was totally fine. We didn't find a cause of the bleeding.

I didn't bleed after sex with my other pregnancies though. Haven't had sex yet with this one. But bleeding after sex is very common becuase the cervix is sensitive and engorged with blood. You can easily break vessels. I would take a break from it for a while and then ease back into it.

Mom to angel baby, grew wings at 5 weeks in May '07, William, born Dec '08, and another angel who grew wings at 8w4d (lost at 11w) in Oct '10. Rachel born Feb 2012, Another angel Lost Sept '13. New bean due Nov '14!
#3 of 6 Old 07-02-2011, 11:48 AM

So far I've bled almost every time. We've had to tone it down a little, but from all my googling it seems pretty normal as long as there isn't spotting at other times. I'll ask about it on Tuesday when I have a midwife interview though.

Happily married to my soul mate, and a mommy of two girls + another baby due in June!

5****10****15****20****25****30****35**stillheart.gif*40

#4 of 6 Old 07-02-2011, 08:15 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)

My midwife actually warned me last pregnancy that spotting/light bleeding after sex or the next day could happen and is totally normal.  It happened to me last pregnancy and this pregnancy, too.

Sewing, gardening, home birthing, co-sleeping, extended nursing, cloth diapering, baby-wearing, home schooling, attachment parenting busy mommy to dd1 (7), dd2 (4), ds (1) and two in heaven. 

#5 of 6 Old 07-03-2011, 05:40 PM

Ok so add me to the group. We finally had sex yesterday and I did have pink spotting after. Pretty much none today though so I think that's a really good sign. No cramps or anything. I think the babe is ok. :)

Mom to angel baby, grew wings at 5 weeks in May '07, William, born Dec '08, and another angel who grew wings at 8w4d (lost at 11w) in Oct '10. Rachel born Feb 2012, Another angel Lost Sept '13. New bean due Nov '14!
#6 of 6 Old 07-03-2011, 09:02 PM

I bled some with my first pregnancy after sex. I saw a small amount of spotting the next day, and it was around six weeks. Everything was fine and I didn't having other spotting. Of the friends I talked to about it, they said that they had similar spotting early on with sex.

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page