Who have you told? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 75 Old 08-01-2011, 07:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Yesterday was the first day I attempted to "pass" as pregnant. I'm 6.5 weeks, so I shouldn't be showing, but my pooch seems to be traveling north and with bloating added...well, my clothes were looking terrible and maternity was looking just right. It was so weird to walk around in public advertising my condition instead of hiding it. Today I'm back to hiding at work.

Mama to two June bugs, ages 3 and 5, and a m/c at 8wks on 8/11/11.Rainbow Girl rainbow1284.gif 7/25/12

#62 of 75 Old 08-01-2011, 04:37 PM

cygknit - Sounds fun! Even in my fittest of days I've always had a little fat pooch. If I walked around holding it in my hand I'm sure everyone would think I was in early pregnancy! Hehee. 

I hit an interesting place today that I don't really understand. I don't want to tell my parents yet. They're going to be 100% supportive and excited, as will DH's parents. They all know we're trying and all know we've had trouble. I don't worry about miscarrying so much as the though of telling them right now just feels weird. For some reason I don't feel like hearing the congratulations right now. Even though I'm excited about the baby. 

I told DH this and he started cracking up. He asked, "Did youread the daily tip today?" (I asked what daily tip, because I had no idea hwat, if anything, he's been reading of what I've been sending.) It said, "Mom's feelings about pregnancy range from ambivalence, excitement, to nervousness. All are normal." He assumes I'm going through a phase of hormonal emotion. He's probably right!

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#63 of 75 Old 08-01-2011, 07:12 PM

Wow, I'm really bad at checking this thread often! Here's to hoping I get better. Okay, so I actually live in Texas, not Colorado. We're going to Colorado for a family reunion. Just north of Colorado Springs. We told my in-laws we were pregnant over Skype (they live in Brazil right now) and it sucked because it was like they already knew what we were going to say! I was kind of mad! Next time I'm going to catch everyone totally off guard so its a surprise. They did cheer and clap though, so that is good.

We have this idea to ask the photographer during the family photo session to say a bunch of weird things like, "Say cheese, say watermelon, say hocus pocus, say Tricia is pregnant!" And then she/he can snap a shot of their faces after he says it. Hopefully that turns out good. Maybe I'll have to make sure he/she isn't a soft-spoken person and can actually carry a clear message before we do that one for sure. Otherwise everyone will just have a normal face and not know what was said.

#64 of 75 Old 08-01-2011, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriciaRawks View Post

We have this idea to ask the photographer during the family photo session to say a bunch of weird things like, "Say cheese, say watermelon, say hocus pocus, say Tricia is pregnant!" And then she/he can snap a shot of their faces after he says it. 

OMG what a fantastic idea!!

TriciaRawks likes this.

Baking a cupcake at 98.6°. This little lady is due early March 2012.

***4***8***12***16****20***24***28***32*ecbaby.gif*36***40**

#65 of 75 Old 08-07-2011, 04:54 PM

Immediate family on both DH and my side know now...which is quite extensive actually. I'm sure word will spread fast now but I asked them to keep it off of FB so hopefully when they spill my beans for me they will add that little tidbit as well! Everyone knew we were trying (I blog about it) so I couldn't keep them from knowing much longer anyway.

T-lynn (25) married DH on 28/07/07 partners.gif DD Isla born 28/03/12 diaper.gif TTC #2

#66 of 75 Old 08-08-2011, 05:39 AM

I saw my mom for the first time since our BFP last night. She know's we've been trying a little while, and has asked a couple times "How's the weather at your house" as code to ask if my temp as spiked, or what's going on in my cycle. I was terrified she'd ask this time, but thankfully she didn't. DH wasn't with me so we didn't want to tell. 

SIL's wedding is two weeks away. I'm trying to hold out to tell parents until after the wedding. I don't want to overshadow SIL's joy and excitement in the least, and SIL and MIL are kind of running around worried and stressed about this wedding. So, here's to hoping I can hold out at least two more weeks!

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#67 of 75 Old 08-08-2011, 01:00 PM

Just you guys and dh. I'm still in shock! With this being #5 I'll have to start soon!

SAHM to the munchkins (14.5, 11.5, 9.5, 3, and almost 2)
#68 of 75 Old 08-10-2011, 03:09 PM

So the photography session went AWESOME! Everyone was surprised and the photographer snapped shots of everyone's faces as they realized what she'd just told everyone. I can hardly wait to see the photos from our session. I recommend that method! It was great!

Now I just have to figure out how to tell my side of the family. We aren't planning any family photo shoots so can't do that one...

#69 of 75 Old 08-16-2011, 01:29 PM

What are the chances I can carry around a beer all weekend and touch it to my lips without anyone realizing I'm not *actually* drinking anything?

#70 of 75 Old 08-16-2011, 03:32 PM

That's what gave it away to my BFFs.  Girls nite and I didn't drink a margarita;)  Haven't posted on FB but immediate fam and best friends know.

Married to the love of my life for 12 years...Robertjoy.gif Together we have a beautiful, brown-eyed 5 year old daughter Milan energy.gifLooking forward to the arrival of our bundle of love March 1, 2012 stork-girl.gif

#71 of 75 Old 08-16-2011, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriciaRawks View Post

Wow, I'm really bad at checking this thread often! Here's to hoping I get better. Okay, so I actually live in Texas, not Colorado. We're going to Colorado for a family reunion. Just north of Colorado Springs. We told my in-laws we were pregnant over Skype (they live in Brazil right now) and it sucked because it was like they already knew what we were going to say! I was kind of mad! Next time I'm going to catch everyone totally off guard so its a surprise. They did cheer and clap though, so that is good.

We have this idea to ask the photographer during the family photo session to say a bunch of weird things like, "Say cheese, say watermelon, say hocus pocus, say Tricia is pregnant!" And then she/he can snap a shot of their faces after he says it. Hopefully that turns out good. Maybe I'll have to make sure he/she isn't a soft-spoken person and can actually carry a clear message before we do that one for sure. Otherwise everyone will just have a normal face and not know what was said.

What a FAB idea:)

Married to the love of my life for 12 years...Robertjoy.gif Together we have a beautiful, brown-eyed 5 year old daughter Milan energy.gifLooking forward to the arrival of our bundle of love March 1, 2012 stork-girl.gif

#72 of 75 Old 08-16-2011, 06:58 PM

I found out at 3 weeks and told everybody (including FB) the next day. Everybody thought I was crazy.

Erin~ Mommy to 3 curly-headed children and expecting #4 in December. ***4***8***12**16***20***24***28***32***36***40**
#73 of 75 Old 08-20-2011, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter

I just posted it on Facebook. Eeek! Now it must be real :)

preggo.jpg

Caption: We're pregnant!

I'm pushing out just as much as he is, but somehow he still won.

TriciaRawks likes this.

Happily married to my soul mate, and a mommy of two girls + another baby due in June!

5****10****15****20****25****30****35**stillheart.gif*40

#74 of 75 Old 08-21-2011, 12:15 PM

We just told our families this weekend. I had a shirt made for my son that read, "This little all star is going to be a big brother." My inlaws, who are observant to a fault, never noticed it and my husband had to drop a big hint. (ie "Ma, did you see what Bobby's shirt says?") My parents, who are oblivious to most things, noticed within minutes of walking in the door. They were both like, "Oh, what does your shirt say?" Figures.

It was exciting to tell, but I had to give them all instructions that they should keep it under wraps until we hear a heartbeat at our next appointment and it is absolutely forbidden to mention is on facebook. I think they understood. I hope everything is fine. I would hate to have to go back and tell them bad news, but since I had no reason to suspect anything is wrong, I will stay positive and assume the bebeh is growing.

Mom to two boys and expecting a babygirl.gif in May, 2014!
#75 of 75 Old 08-23-2011, 11:06 AM

Alrighty, so I'm back from vacation and it took me forever to figure out how to tell my family the news. I was lucky because for a little while everyone was there. My brother was in the process of looking for an out-of-state job and moving there so I had to jump right in and take advantage of the circumstances. 

One night we were all together, having dinner to celebrate our family birthdays (it was mine too, yay!) and then after we all gathered around and were talking about some fun things we've done recently. It was like a casual Family night. Well, I got the idea to tell everyone then and there but I didn't want to just yell it out randomly. So I have a niece who is about 5 years old and she's just a cute little princess, that everyone loves. I figured whatever she had to say, everyone would probably listen. So I tell her to come over to me so I can tell her something. I whispered the news in her ear and told her to tell everyone she had something to say and then to "spill the beans" and tell everyone.

Well, being the soft and kind-hearted girl she is, she wouldn't interrupt anyone so finally I said "Hey everyone, I think Braylie has something to say to all of you." So then she said, "I'm gonna have new cousins!" And everyone looked at me with extra surprise in their eyes (because we have no proof of twins, and don't think we'll have them) and then I told her to say it the right way and she said, "I'm gonna have new cousins!" So I just told everyone that we aren't aware of two babies in there just yet but there certainly is one. 

Then they all cheered and whooped and yelled. It was great. On a sidenote, my sister is pregnant too! Although she is due next month with a little boy. We have a feeling that our little neonate is a girl though, so if that turns out to be true then it'll be funny! B'cuz she always wanted cousins of a same gender to be able to play together...like last time she had a girl and then I had a boy...and she kept saying "well maybe it'll be a girl" but I knew it wasn't, even before the sonogram. It might happen the same way but backwards! And both times the babes are 6 months apart. Funny!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page