Confused... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 07-05-2011, 07:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

So I got a very faint positive Sunday morning. I had been testing for a few days previous and they'd all been BFN's. When I got my faint BFP on Sunday I was super excited. Today I took a Clear Blue digital just to confirm and got "NOT PREGNANT". What the heck is going on? I know I'm pregnant. I never miss a period. Ever. Anyone ever had a digital say they weren't when they were??

I'm planning on testing first thing tomorrow morning. I'm hoping maybe because I'd been drinking a lot of water that my urine was more diluted.

My last pregancy was twins. I lost the first baby between 7-9 weeks and the second baby at almost 19 weeks. I really hope this isn't the beginning of an early miscarriage.

Life is to be enjoyed...not just endured!
#2 of 7 Old 07-05-2011, 09:42 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

how many dpo are you?  digital tests aren't as sensitive.

#3 of 7 Old 07-06-2011, 08:13 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Honestly, I have no idea when I o'd. It was a crazy month and dh was out of town most of the month. I was a little surprised with the bfp I got because I thought we were too late.

I got another bfn on a digital this morning. Grrr...I'm a week late with my period. I've always gotten bfp's early on, so I'll be buying a FRER today. I'm sure I'm pregnant, this is just bugging me!

Life is to be enjoyed...not just endured!
#4 of 7 Old 07-06-2011, 02:26 PM

I'm in a similar weird situation.  Two BFPs with Clearblue Easy FRERs and a BFN with a dollar store test.  Things I have been reading say there are LOTS of false negatives in the world of HPTing, but very very few false positives.  Try again with a FRER!!!

Birthed a beautiful baby boy, Ethan, 11/11/09.
#5 of 7 Old 07-06-2011, 03:08 PM

I, too, had a similar situation. All of my FRER tests are coming back super faint, the internet tests are looking negative, but the digital test had a huge "pregnant". I've always heard that FRER are really accurate and show a BFP sooner....but in my case that isn't true. Is there any way that your doctor/MW can do a beta?

Faith, married to the BEST DH ever!!! lips.gif

Excited to become FTP's to our little May flower
EDD 5-15-2012 !!

#6 of 7 Old 07-06-2011, 04:09 PM

When I was pregnant with DS I had the same exact thing... I took 9 tests and then I took a digital (Clearblue) and BFN... I was only 11 days DPO but I retested with the dye tests and positive.... a day later another digital turned BFP.

jog.gif   mama to DS 7/09 and married to DH bikenew.gif

#7 of 7 Old 07-06-2011, 06:46 PM

If the test was very faint on sunday it's possible your levels just aren't high enough yet for the digi. It's also possible that you're having a chemical/early miscarriage. :( If that's the case you should start bleeding in a couple days. I hope its the former and you get a nice digi bfp soon. Meanwhile, try some other tests. :)

Mom to angel baby, grew wings at 5 weeks in May '07, William, born Dec '08, and another angel who grew wings at 8w4d (lost at 11w) in Oct '10. Rachel born Feb 2012, Another angel Lost Sept '13. New bean due Nov '14!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page