When are you planning on telling your children? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 34 Old 08-13-2011, 07:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We won't tell out kids until we tell my parents, because once our little ones know, they won't be able to keep it a secret. So we plan to tell them sometime next week or early the following one. I honestly can't wait to tell them. smile.gif

Mama to 4 amazing little people, another little expected 3/6/12!
Avid Unassisted Birth supporter/Mama

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 34 Old 08-15-2011, 01:31 AM

I will have to tell them soon.  I think my oldest is figuring it out.  She let me take a nap today when we got home from the park and told her younger siblings to leave me alone and also made sure they did their chores on top of that.  So I think she kind of has an idea already.  Won't be able to keep it a secret much longer, I just really want to get a positive u/s first which I can do in about 10 days.

Stacie (34)
DH (34) ~ DDs (14, 11, 10) ~ DS (6) ~ (11/06) ~ DD (3) ~ DS (1) ~ Surpise BFP 7/2011 pos.gif

Yes, I have a blog for moms too orngbiggrin.gif

#33 of 34 Old 08-19-2011, 03:47 PM

This should be interesting.  We get to tell our children, who are my husbands from a past marriage, whose mother is a bitter ex-wife.  I just found out that he had mentioned to her that I miscarried last year, and she had a very nasty comment to him about this.  (I did let him know I was not happy that he shared this with her as it was NONE OF HER @#$@ BUSINESS...) Now, I feel we should tell HER first so that the kids don't take the brunt of her bitterness towards their new twin siblings.  I'm guess, since I'm 11 weeks and starting to get a little pudgy around the middle, this talk is coming up sooner than later!  The kids will wonder why I'm "getting fat".  I would very much prefer to share this joyful news with them first, as I'm sure they will be SO excited.. but I have this dark shadow of an ex-wife-in-law in the corner, scowling at everything we do.  (For the record, she asked HIM for the divorce, and they were separated for 3 years before the divorce.  Women are perplexing creatures at times upsidedown.gif )

#34 of 34 Old 08-20-2011, 06:25 AM

DD is 2.5 now, and will be 3 when baby arrives.  I don't plan to tell her for quite a while--I don't think she would get it anyway.  Maybe 20+ weeks? 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page