What are you eating? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 89 Old 07-28-2011, 08:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had my salad...but my poor shrimp just sat there. Had to explain to the waiter because he was offering to take them back to the kitchen. This time it isn't nausea - I'm so gassy that it hurts. greensad.gif

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
#62 of 89 Old 07-31-2011, 07:35 PM - Thread Starter

Right now DD and I are having a sort of mock Orange Julius. It's a cup of milk, cup of vanilla yogurt, and a cup of orange juice. Blend with a few ice cubes, and voila! The real recipe calls for 1/4 of sugar! Holy cow! This is an easy way to get the yogurt for me, since I don't really like yogurt by itself. I really do feel better if I focus on eating protein with veggies or fruit for every meal/snack.

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
#63 of 89 Old 07-31-2011, 08:16 PM

Cameragirl, you spawned a massive craving! As soon as I read your post I headed straight to the grocery store. I am currently sipping on a delicious Orange Julius. :) Thanks! NOTHING sounded good for dinner, this hit the only spot i had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameragirl View Post

Right now DD and I are having a sort of mock Orange Julius. It's a cup of milk, cup of vanilla yogurt, and a cup of orange juice. Blend with a few ice cubes, and voila! The real recipe calls for 1/4 of sugar! Holy cow! This is an easy way to get the yogurt for me, since I don't really like yogurt by itself. I really do feel better if I focus on eating protein with veggies or fruit for every meal/snack.

Baking a cupcake at 98.6°. This little lady is due early March 2012.

***4***8***12***16****20***24***28***32*ecbaby.gif*36***40**

#64 of 89 Old 07-31-2011, 09:17 PM - Thread Starter

It does hit the spot! DD was wanting ice cream, and that sounded good to me, too. I try to not keep it in the house, because I'd eat it all day if I could. The sweetness from the vanilla yogurt was enough to kill the craving for both of us. I think I might put some in the ice cream maker this week, too.

#65 of 89 Old 08-01-2011, 12:38 PM - Thread Starter

When I was pregnant with DD, we had record heat all summer. It was miserable being in the last trimester with temps around 110-115* every day. I used to shave ice, and then put orange juice on it instead of syrup. That or blend orange juice with ice for a slushie drink. I also admit to making my husband get me frozen yogurt way too much...

#66 of 89 Old 08-01-2011, 07:49 PM - Thread Starter

Today I made DH go to the store for pot roast. We normally buy grass-fed beef from a cousin, but they're behind in orders. So, store bought it is. It was good. Then I had him cut up a big bowl of fresh pineapple for me. YUM!

#67 of 89 Old 08-01-2011, 08:50 PM

Watermelon. Tofu and veggies with peanut sauce. Those were my two biggies the past few days.

freelancemom likes this.

DS: 18 DD: 15 DD: 8  angel1.gif 11/10  angel1.gif 4/11
  adoptionheart-1.gifDD: 3  angel1.gif 8/11

#68 of 89 Old 08-02-2011, 04:50 AM

Creamy greek yogurt and cinnamon bagels have been my breakfast for the past week. Homemade chicken bone broth with ramen noodles. Roast chicken with potatoes and carrots. Asparagus pizza. Yum :)

Proud wife to my handsome husband partners.gif Malachi David (2010) and Jeremiah Daniel (2012) joined our family via two lovely homebirths. Rainbow.gif Doula for 7 years and now finally an apprentice midwife! bellycast.gif 

bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifnovaxnocirc.gifcd.giffemalesling.GIF

#69 of 89 Old 08-02-2011, 07:10 AM

I have literally been living on bowls of Cheerios and the occasional green protein smoothie when my stomach can handle it.  It's all I can tolerate right now.  Feeling so incredibly miserable this time greensad.gif

“He allowed himself to be swayed by his conviction that human beings are not born once and for all on the day their mothers give birth to them, but that life obliges them over and over again to give birth to themselves.” 

- Gabriel García Márquez

#70 of 89 Old 08-02-2011, 08:55 AM

Watermelon has been so great lately. I just love the coldness and since I can't drink water very much without feeling ill, I like the juiciness of it, too. But mostly I've only been eating once a day, usually meat and rice. :P I can't stand the smell of meat cooking though, so my sister-in-law (who lives on the same property) has been making it for us. What a sweetie! My husband buys the meat and she cooks it at her house and DH picks it up so I never have to be around the smell. 

#71 of 89 Old 08-02-2011, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelancemom View Post

Watermelon has been so great lately. I just love the coldness and since I can't drink water very much without feeling ill, I like the juiciness of it, too. But mostly I've only been eating once a day, usually meat and rice. :P I can't stand the smell of meat cooking though, so my sister-in-law (who lives on the same property) has been making it for us. What a sweetie! My husband buys the meat and she cooks it at her house and DH picks it up so I never have to be around the smell. 

That sounds delicious. We have one in the fridge that needs to be cut, and we've got several growing in the garden. I'm betting the garden melons will be well worth the wait compared to the store-bought melon in the fridge. The cantaloupes are looking good, too. I can't WAIT for those.

#72 of 89 Old 08-02-2011, 08:11 PM

NOOOOOOOO! I just cooked up a giant helping of asparagus, my favorite veggie, and they tasted disgusting. So sad.

Chocolate graham crackers are my go-to nausea relieving food. Saltines just weren't cutting it. I have happy childhood associations with chocolate grahams too, so that may be the tipping point. ;)

#73 of 89 Old 08-02-2011, 08:19 PM

My Dad is here, and he said earlier that he'd be cooking Indian food for dinner, which sounded so good to me at the time.  But...once he started cooking all the smells really bothered me.  I was able to eat some curry veggies and plain rice though.  I've been so hungry, but having the "nothing looks good" thing going on.  Besides a bowl of plain Cherrios in the morning, my tastes/cravings haven't been too consistent. 

#74 of 89 Old 08-02-2011, 09:52 PM - Thread Starter

I've been going for pretty bland foods, too. I found these pumpkin seed & flax granola bars that are SO good. I have to pick up more tomorrow when we go out that way. Tonight I asked for Chinese food, but mostly ate the steamed rice. I wanted mashed potatoes from taters we grew, but that was going to take too long if DH cooked it and I didn't feel good enough to get off the couch.

#75 of 89 Old 08-03-2011, 06:57 AM

I am all about spicy for some reason. Luna bars, too. Still not very interested in food, but once I start eating I am starving.

DS: 18 DD: 15 DD: 8  angel1.gif 11/10  angel1.gif 4/11
  adoptionheart-1.gifDD: 3  angel1.gif 8/11

#76 of 89 Old 08-03-2011, 11:51 PM

I've REALLY been into potatoes the past few days. Baked, boiled, mashed, or fried doesn't matter...as long as there's butter and salt on them :D haha

Proud wife to my handsome husband partners.gif Malachi David (2010) and Jeremiah Daniel (2012) joined our family via two lovely homebirths. Rainbow.gif Doula for 7 years and now finally an apprentice midwife! bellycast.gif 

bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifnovaxnocirc.gifcd.giffemalesling.GIF

#77 of 89 Old 08-04-2011, 04:50 AM

I'm having the same issue!  I cook for almost every meal, and the ones I don't cook for, we eat leftovers.  Yesterday I made chicken breast stuffed with cheese, sour cream, and bacon,  mashed potatoes blended with the same mix, spaghetti and sauce, zuppa toscana, a HUGE spinach salad, and garlic bread.  It only took 1.5 hrs, but by the time I was done I couldn't even stand the smell of the food. And I'm not wanting to have it for left overs either.

#78 of 89 Old 08-04-2011, 01:29 PM

I haven't felt nauseas yet (didn't till 9 weeks other pregnancies) so I am eating something healthy like every hour or so because I know when I start throwing up I don't eat very healthy!! So today I had a big cheesy egg breakfast! (I am a huge protein eater when i am pregnant) a handful of almonds a couple hours later a big bowl of veggies, carrots, brocc, cauliflower with some yogurt dip and just now a veggieburger on a n onion bagel with spinach quacomole and cheese!

#79 of 89 Old 08-04-2011, 01:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

whovian, I think your post might make me cry.  So much work, and you don't want to eat it.  If that happened to me, I think I would cry, and then fall asleep for 7 hours from the exhaustion of cooking all that food.

I have been craving imitation crab meat.  I buy it in the big packages now and then as a treat for the kids.  I bought a package and ate most of it myself, over the course of the week.  I had one serving left before grocery day... and my kids found it and ate it.  Boo hoo.   Yogurt still tastes good, thank goodness.  I've been eating a bagel with garden veggie cream cheese for breakfast.  Yum.  And almonds always taste good, too.  But after breakfast, there isn't much that's very appetizing.

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

#80 of 89 Old 08-04-2011, 04:38 PM

Yesterday, I had Mommy Brunch, each of us brings a dish. I took soup and was worried about the other foods, but it turned out that one woman brought bacon (can't get enough of that!) and the other brought meatballs and squash, which were both super yummy. The only thing I couldn't eat was blue cheese quiche, because eggs turn my stomach. 

Today, I woke up feeling good, but hungry, so I had three bowls of cereal throughout the morning and then begged DH to find avocadoes for lunch. We had avocadoes and fresh corn tortillas (my boys LOVED this lunch) and I finally felt full! I've actually had three meals today. That hasn't happened in about 6 weeks! Course part of me worries a bit that I'm feeling better, but then again, I have to get on the plane in 7 days and I really don't want to be sick over every little thing. So I'm thinking this is a good thing.

#81 of 89 Old 08-04-2011, 04:46 PM

freelancemom, that sounds like a tasty lunch!  

I had popcorn for dinner.  Buttery, salty popcorn.  I had been queasy all afternoon, and I thought for sure I was going to throw up, but the popcorn seems to have settled my stomach.  

#82 of 89 Old 08-05-2011, 12:49 AM

What alien has taken over my body?!! I've really had trouble eating lately, not because of nausea so much as everything just sounding and tasting disgusting. Well, tonight on my way home I suddenly NEEDED Taco Bell (wha?!!) and drove nearly 45 minutes out of my way to get it. And it. was. delicious. Not two, but three soft tacos supreme with salsa. Heaven. 

My husband was shocked, I don't remember the last time we brought home fast food. I'll just try to take solace in their new pico de gallo which pretends to have actual vegetables in it. ;)

#83 of 89 Old 08-05-2011, 06:17 AM

I so totally crave fast food/restaurant food during pregnancy.  I was saved from eating too much in my last pregnancy by the fact that we live a half hour drive from any fast food places, and the only time we would bring it home was when dh was working late and he could bring some home when the kids were in bed.  Towards the end of that pregnancy, if I ate anything in the evening, I would be super sick.  So that seriously cut into my fast food intake.

But it is something that I reliably will want to eat and be able to stomach once it's in front of me.  Usually just fast food and raw veggies with dip fall into that category.  So maybe it all balances out in the end.

#84 of 89 Old 08-05-2011, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter

*groan* I asked DH to get some rice and beans for me from Adalberto's. He got me one cup of beans, one cup of rice. I managed to eat both, but I regret it. I'm nibbling on a ginger chewy candy since I'm out of digestive enzyme chewables. Normally I can down the beans and rice with flour tortillas...but now I feel like a glutinous pig for eating just the small side of beans and rice.

#85 of 89 Old 08-05-2011, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollsworth View Post

What alien has taken over my body?!! I've really had trouble eating lately, not because of nausea so much as everything just sounding and tasting disgusting. Well, tonight on my way home I suddenly NEEDED Taco Bell (wha?!!) and drove nearly 45 minutes out of my way to get it. And it. was. delicious. Not two, but three soft tacos supreme with salsa. Heaven. 

My husband was shocked, I don't remember the last time we brought home fast food. I'll just try to take solace in their new pico de gallo which pretends to have actual vegetables in it. ;)

HAHA!  This is so me!  Nothing sounds good... it all sounds disgusting even though I'm starving.  The Taco Bell thing is hilarious.  I haven't liked it since high school and a couple of weeks ago a friend of mine posted a picture on Facebook of her lunch--Taco Bell apparently gave her a burrito with no beans instead of no onions--and I just thought "that looks SO GOOD!"... except I wanted beans on mine.  :)

Janel, crochetsmilie.gif DIY/crafting addicted wife to DH treehugger.gif for 8 yrs, loving mama to DD1 notes.gif - 6 yrs, DD2energy.gif- 3 yrs, and baby 3 stork-suprise.gif due Feb/Mar 2012, planning our first waterbirth.jpg  homebirth.jpg

#86 of 89 Old 08-05-2011, 04:25 PM

With my firstborn, I ate Burger King at least three times a week in the beginning. Terrible!!! But it was the only thing that appealed and my doctor was on my back about gaining weight since I only lost until 4 months (ha, this time it's the opposite!). Interestingly enough, my son hated hamburgers for 5 years.

I'm finally feeling well enough to eat more, but only certain foods appeal. Fresh fruit and veggies are great and pasta with cheese, yum! :)

#87 of 89 Old 08-06-2011, 10:38 AM

I made myself a package of Mr Noodles, a comfort food for me and nice when my tummy is bugging me.  But it tasted so gross!  I'm not sure if it was just an old package or some weird pg nose thing.  So disappointing.

#88 of 89 Old 08-06-2011, 06:35 PM - Thread Starter

Today I had a bearclaw for breakfast, a few bites of steamed rice for lunch, and some garlic bread for dinner. Not feeling like eating too much here. greensad.gif

#89 of 89 Old 08-27-2011, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter

Oh thank goodness! I've finally been able to eat like a normal person after weeks of bland food and eating every two hours. Yesterday I devoured a cheeseburger at Lucille's with coleslaw. (DD stole half of the coleslaw, but at least she likes cabbage!) I had french toast made with our eggs, and some fresh cantaloupe from the garden for dinner.

Today I had a burger and cantaloupe for lunch. (Seems to be a pattern - burgers are more attractive now for some reason.) For dinner DH got a rotisserie chicken, tater salad, and Hawaiian rolls since we were pooped from running around town and bathing chickens. I had the last of the cantaloupe that we'd cut...but we have three more in the fridge. (And gave one away to the in-laws.)

Tomorrow we need to process a TON of veggies, so I might make something that sounds good for 100* and humid weather. Maybe stir fry?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page