What are you eating? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 89 Old 07-09-2011, 08:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What are you eating? Tonight was spinach salad with sliced almonds, some cheese crumbles, and chicken breast with a sweet vinaigrette. With DD, I ate spinach salad with mango, chicken, and cottage cheese a lot. eat.gif

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
#2 of 89 Old 07-09-2011, 08:17 PM

I had pork chops, some eggplant and some strawberries.  I'm debating some stir fried green beans. I already ate 1 mess, and it's tasty... the kitchen just feels so far away right now.  I'm a huge fan of cottage cheese too.  Yummy with jello for a sweet and salty combe.

#3 of 89 Old 07-10-2011, 08:13 AM

Chicken quesadillas last night. I've actually been eating a lot of pineapple and craving turkey bacon. Green veggies really appeal right now, which is perfect, since I happen to have lots of baby spinach, green beans and sprouts in the fridge.

#4 of 89 Old 07-10-2011, 10:28 AM

I've been eating A LOT of caprese salads....I bought a big container of fresh mozarella pearls at Costco and I have lots of fresh tomatoes and basil in the garden eat.gif

Yesterday I went to SoupPlantation for lunch and I was starving and it just made me sooo happy!  (it's all-you-can-eat soup, salad, bread).

Of course, for breakfast today I had 2 bacon egg and cheese biscuits from McDonald's bag.gif

GEEKLOVE likes this.
#5 of 89 Old 07-10-2011, 03:34 PM - Thread Starter

My mid-afternoon snack/homework break today includes celery and some honey peanut butter. YUM! eat.gif

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
#6 of 89 Old 07-10-2011, 04:14 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I did a bit of a cook up on the weekend, and made lentil curry, vegie soup, and cauliflower soup (I'm vegetarian, if you're wondering!)

I've also been having heaps of mandarins - yum

Now, I'm really, really craving chili.  I think I might have to make mexican type chili dish of some description.

Me & him partners.gif and our beautiful fur boys Dukedog2.gif and Chopz dog2.gif

Forever missing our little ones lost

angel1.gif angel1.gif angel3.gif angel3.gif angel3.gif angel2.gif angel1.gif

How we survive, is what makes us who we are - Rise Against

#7 of 89 Old 07-10-2011, 05:02 PM

reading this thread makes me hungry! hahaha.

mom to the awesomest 9 year old little lady. mom to the awesomest mushy baby born oct.16 2009 by successful VBAC. wife to the awesomest dude ever. life is good. at it again and due march 3, 2012!

#8 of 89 Old 07-10-2011, 07:04 PM

A lot of easy meals since I was taking it easy during my bleeding. Then we went out for our anniv, and we also went to a wedding, and a friend brought us a meal! Today was the first day in like a week that I cooked. Or should I say dh bbq'd some chicken. Definitely going to get back on the real-food band wagon.

Mom to angel baby, grew wings at 5 weeks in May '07, William, born Dec '08, and another angel who grew wings at 8w4d (lost at 11w) in Oct '10. Rachel born Feb 2012, Another angel Lost Sept '13. New bean due Nov '14!
#9 of 89 Old 07-10-2011, 07:51 PM

Tacos are positively delicious right now. In the beginning I was really craving a lot of fruit and beans, but now I just eat whatever doesn't make me want to heave. With the exception of refined sugar as I've cut it from my diet as much as possible. I have a huge sweet tooth though, so it's so hard.

Happily married to my soul mate, and a mommy of two girls + another baby due in June!

5****10****15****20****25****30****35**stillheart.gif*40

#10 of 89 Old 07-10-2011, 09:02 PM

No real cravings yet. Just really trying to focus on eating balanced meals, I tend to go on like a veggie kick for a couple of days so DH and I are going to meal plan out dinners and I am working on taking a balanced lunch to work. With DS I craved salad's and apples so curious what if any consistent cravings I have this time. Ate broccoli and pork chops with mac and cheese tonight and had to get seconds on the broccoli. Surprisingly its not been as hard to cut out caffeine as I thought it would be. Not finding myself even missing it much.

#11 of 89 Old 07-11-2011, 04:01 PM

I have lasagna warming up for lunch (left over dinner).  I actually did notice a crazy increase in appetite recently and distinctly remember thinking I need to stop eating like this.  I'm not pg, I'm barely nursing, this can't be healthy. 

Stacie (34)
DH (34) ~ DDs (14, 11, 10) ~ DS (6) ~ (11/06) ~ DD (3) ~ DS (1) ~ Surpise BFP 7/2011 pos.gif

Yes, I have a blog for moms too orngbiggrin.gif

#12 of 89 Old 07-11-2011, 04:22 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

I made baked salmon patties tonight and ate them on a bun with a slice of cheese, some leaf lettuce and some homemade tartar sauce.  (just mixed up some mayo, lemon juice, and dill relish, lol.)

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

I'm a Younique Presenter. Come check it out!!
Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!
#13 of 89 Old 07-11-2011, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post

I made baked salmon patties tonight and ate them on a bun with a slice of cheese, some leaf lettuce and some homemade tartar sauce.  (just mixed up some mayo, lemon juice, and dill relish, lol.)

That sounds yummy. 

I have chicken breasts with my homemade peach bbq sauce in the crockpot and it smells really good.  We're just having baked potatoes and probably caprese salad (again, lol).  I really want some sauteed kale--I have kale in the garden right now but I just do not have the energy to go out an pick it and cook it.  sad!

#14 of 89 Old 07-15-2011, 12:48 AM - Thread Starter

We went out for Vietnamese food tonight. Yum! Steamed rice with charbroiled pork, a spring roll, and shredded cabbage, carrots, and cilantro with fish sauce. We had some pork crepes, too. Only problem is that I'm famished every two hours for some reason.

#15 of 89 Old 07-15-2011, 01:37 PM

I am going to have a big salad with pico de gallo on it.

#16 of 89 Old 07-15-2011, 01:48 PM

Refried-bean-dilla (quesadilla-cheese+beans)

tempeh shephards pie

I told my hubby this morning would be my last cup of coffee til after at least first trimester.  :(  kind of regretting saying that now.  Though I guess there's always tea.

We're working on cleaning the cupboards out as we're moving soon.  I have a big bowl of radishes, turnips and beets in the fridge.  Never roasted a radish before but I think i might throw them all together with oil and roast them tonight.  fingers crossed!

Myself and DS are vegan, DH is by association.

#17 of 89 Old 07-15-2011, 02:57 PM - Thread Starter

We just got done making about a gallon of salsa to lacto-ferment for DD's birthday party next week. For some reason salsa sounds gross, but the chips are appealing. That reminded me though that I have lacto-fermented ginger carrots, and those are great for sick tummies. So easy to make, and it stores forever. Bonus - you get lots of probiotics in the food, too.

#18 of 89 Old 07-15-2011, 11:52 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I made a big pot of veggie bean chili like I was craving.  It was soooooo good.  The next day, I couldn't even look at it. 

I want something, and then I don't want it.  I'm hungry all the time, but I never know what I want.

Today I am just cooking a bunch of roast veggie.  Not exactly healthy, but better than nothing, and pretty sure I can stomach it. 

Me & him partners.gif and our beautiful fur boys Dukedog2.gif and Chopz dog2.gif

Forever missing our little ones lost

angel1.gif angel1.gif angel3.gif angel3.gif angel3.gif angel2.gif angel1.gif

How we survive, is what makes us who we are - Rise Against

#19 of 89 Old 07-16-2011, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk8shake View Post

I made a big pot of veggie bean chili like I was craving.  It was soooooo good.  The next day, I couldn't even look at it. 

I want something, and then I don't want it.  I'm hungry all the time, but I never know what I want.

Today I am just cooking a bunch of roast veggie.  Not exactly healthy, but better than nothing, and pretty sure I can stomach it. 

I have the same problem! Sometimes I cook something and by the time I finish cooking, I can't stand the smell of it!

#20 of 89 Old 07-16-2011, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelancemom View Post

I have the same problem! Sometimes I cook something and by the time I finish cooking, I can't stand the smell of it!

I feel like that is every meal! I am soooo hungry all the time, but almost nothing sounds really appealing. Last night we made grill-fired pizzas with lots of veggies and a little prosciutto, made mozzarella from scratch too. So much fun! Though it is supposed to take 1 hour, took us 3. *blush* We don't own a microwave so we had to make a late night trip, mozzarella pot in hand to a cousin's house. Hilarity ensued. (Hello tangent, nice to meet you.)

Luckily one of my first preggo symptoms seems to be that I stop craving coffee, so it has been an easy transition away from it for me. Water, water, water. Have never been thirstier in my life!

Baking a cupcake at 98.6°. This little lady is due early March 2012.

***4***8***12***16****20***24***28***32*ecbaby.gif*36***40**

#21 of 89 Old 07-16-2011, 06:49 PM

Yay I'm back on the healthy bandwagon! I've been reading Nourished Kitchen and it's quite the inspiration/motivation. I'm having a lot of food aversions though and after only eating a little I feel so done with it.

Mom to angel baby, grew wings at 5 weeks in May '07, William, born Dec '08, and another angel who grew wings at 8w4d (lost at 11w) in Oct '10. Rachel born Feb 2012, Another angel Lost Sept '13. New bean due Nov '14!
#22 of 89 Old 07-17-2011, 12:07 AM

ok, so over the past few days I've been pretty much eating everything in sight.  yikes!

#23 of 89 Old 07-17-2011, 12:12 AM - Thread Starter

Tonight we went to a big party at a family member's private swimming club/recreation area. They roast a pig, have all kinds of bbq...and we missed it. Grr. I wasn't feeling good AND we had chicks hatching, so we showed up too late. I ended up eating a couple cookies and a bread roll for dinner. Sooo healthy.

#24 of 89 Old 07-17-2011, 02:59 PM

I am either starving or repulsed by the thought of food right now.

Last night I made nachos, oh my word they were good. Spicy salsa, black beans, guacamole, tofutti sour cream and pepper jack almond cheese (I'm vegan). I'm wanting spicy salty mostly. Today I had the same thing for breakfast and lunch... sprouted tortilla with leftover tofu scramble, pinto beans and pepper jack almond cheese again, with a side of tofutti sour cream. I ate a bunch of cucumber, too.

DS: 18 DD: 15 DD: 8  angel1.gif 11/10  angel1.gif 4/11
  adoptionheart-1.gifDD: 3  angel1.gif 8/11

#25 of 89 Old 07-17-2011, 03:56 PM

Sagewinna- I feel you on the spicy kick. 

Rice or noodles and kimchi keeps sounding good whenever I'm hungry, maybe its because we dont normally have it around?  I think I may make it one of my staples unless I start getting morning sickness to tell me otherwise.

#26 of 89 Old 07-17-2011, 04:53 PM

My grandma just made turkey dinner and it was delicous!

I seem to be more hungry in the morning. I tend to get sick feeling around 8 p.m. every night...?

Sara - - PreK Teacher, Birth Doula, Wife to Shaun (8/13/05), Mama to Caleb (8/17/06), Chance (6/22/08), and Brielle (10/31/09) - - - winner.jpg

#27 of 89 Old 07-17-2011, 04:57 PM

DH's grandma just gave us a bunch of Mango bread! How did she know I've been thinking about that?  lol

We haven't had much contact at all with DH's grandparents recently and she stops by my MILs while we are there (we all live close to each other) and she calls DH over and gives him a package full of loaves of mango bread. :)

Last night we had some grilled porterhouse steaks (they were on sale at the grocery store)...soooo good.  I had one other pregnancy when I just loved steak! 

Stacie (34)
DH (34) ~ DDs (14, 11, 10) ~ DS (6) ~ (11/06) ~ DD (3) ~ DS (1) ~ Surpise BFP 7/2011 pos.gif

Yes, I have a blog for moms too orngbiggrin.gif

#28 of 89 Old 07-18-2011, 01:07 PM

Am I the only one who can't finish half a meal, much less a whole one? 

So far today I've had: a small bowl of cereal, an apple, a slice of cheddar cheese, 2 whole pickles, and a glass of chocolate milk (the taste of plain milk has been making me gag). I had to force all of it down. I plan to round the day out with some toast with butter and jam, a cucumber, and (fingers crossed) a steak and a baked potato (though i have no idea how successful those will be).

My body is constantly warring with itself, on the one hand I wake up STARVING, in actual physical pain because I'm so hungry, but on the other hand nothing at all sounds remotely good, and often I can only force down a couple bites before I'm done. No throwing up yet, just lots of dry heaving and feeling miserable. And it seems like the more work I put into making something, the less likely it is that I'll be able to actually eat it. I've had to throw out more food the past 3 weeks than ever bag.gif

I'm worried that I'm not getting enough vitamins and nutrients, not to mention all the protein, fat, and calories I'm supposed to have now. I just don't know how I can take in 1700 calories/day when eating makes me feel so sick confused.gif

#29 of 89 Old 07-18-2011, 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brighids Flame View Post

My body is constantly warring with itself, on the one hand I wake up STARVING, in actual physical pain because I'm so hungry, but on the other hand nothing at all sounds remotely good, and often I can only force down a couple bites before I'm done. No throwing up yet, just lots of dry heaving and feeling miserable. And it seems like the more work I put into making something, the less likely it is that I'll be able to actually eat it. I've had to throw out more food the past 3 weeks than ever bag.gif

Yes, this is me. I remember this sensation from the third trimester of my last pregnancy, but I didn't expect it in the first. Sometimes fresh fruit sounds good, but that's it. Anything else I have to force in (which is why I hadn't posted in this thread yet: I'm not eating anything I want to talk about!) I just hope this doesn't last...

treehugger.gif geek.gif Mama to Lauren Philippa Elethea (3) energy.gifand expecting a little Jay bird March 2012! 3rdtri.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28*babygirl.gif*32***36***40**

#30 of 89 Old 07-18-2011, 04:33 PM - Thread Starter

My stomach has a serious case of the yucks all of the sudden. Today I've mostly had crackers and some cheese. Last night I managed to get some strawberries in after dinner, but it has been hard to eat veggies or fruit. Such waste, too, because we have plenty of produce from the garden.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page