Morning Sickness Mamas - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 103 Old 07-30-2011, 07:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Milk8shake, that is hilarious about "Paris."  I am so sorry you are feeling so awful.  I hear you on not feeling like eating things...and not wanting chocolate?!?!!!  HORRIBLE.  Did you ever think there would come a day that you did not want chocolate?  I love peanut M&Ms and have not eaten those in weeks, which is crazytown for me.

Gagged really hard after DH opened the bathroom door when he was dropping a deuce.  Awful.  Poo smell is really getting to me these days, including DS's, which is a problem, because we HAVE to change diapers!!! 

Birthed a beautiful baby boy, Ethan, 11/11/09.
#92 of 103 Old 07-31-2011, 07:15 AM

Yes, I have lost 15 pounds.  I will admit however that I can afford to lose some weight;)

Married to the love of my life for 12 years...Robertjoy.gif Together we have a beautiful, brown-eyed 5 year old daughter Milan energy.gifLooking forward to the arrival of our bundle of love March 1, 2012 stork-girl.gif

#93 of 103 Old 07-31-2011, 07:18 AM

Milk8Shake...that is hilarious!  Zofran takes the edge off but doesn't completely help with nausea.  Hang in there with your little parasite!! hehe

Married to the love of my life for 12 years...Robertjoy.gif Together we have a beautiful, brown-eyed 5 year old daughter Milan energy.gifLooking forward to the arrival of our bundle of love March 1, 2012 stork-girl.gif

#94 of 103 Old 07-31-2011, 09:07 AM

Yep, I need to join the club too.  Started just after I hit 6 weeks (same with last pregnancy).  It has gotten steadily worse for the last wee.  Yesterday I managed a couple pieces of toast and a rice cake.  Today I couldn't even get through the toast, managed a few bites of oatmeal.  I do better with ice than drinking liquids.  Ginger candies (gin-gins) helped a lot in the beginning, but now they barely take the edge off.  I rarely threw up my last pg, just constantly nausea and difficulty eating/drinking.  This is shaping up to be a repeat performance.  I am expecting a call from my midwife on Monday, hopefully she can prescribe something because I just can't afford to be dehydrated and pass out like last time and wind up in the hospital.  I have an almost 4 yr old to take care of.  To make matters worse, all 3 of us came down with head colds yesterday.  Thanks for letting me whine.

#95 of 103 Old 07-31-2011, 09:37 AM

I seem to have enough of a reprieve from the all day nausea around lunch time, which is when I pack it in.  Then, around three, it all comes back and I pick my way through something for dinner.  Add the nausea to the fatigue and it makes for a lazy momma.  My poor kids.  WIth the heat outside (we're in Florida) I'm not winning any awards here for awesome mommy.  My kids have spent so much time playing "Cut the Rope" on the iPad that I'm ashamed.  Not to mention the nick jr marathons...  I keep promising myself that I'll be totally awesome when this subsides and that it's all worth it and that I'm not scarring my children - yet... innocent.gif  

Catherine and B stillheart.gif DS1 (6) biggrinbounce.gif DD (4) loveeyes.gif DS2 (1) drool.gif and expecting #4 shamrocksmile.gif on March 17, 2014.  
#96 of 103 Old 08-01-2011, 05:56 AM

I see that some of you are trying B6.  Anyone doing the combination of B6 and Unisom?  I was desperate to feel better the other day and decided to give it a shot.  I haven't been puking (except when I take a prenatal), just feeling on the verge of hurling all day long, but it's making me a wreck!  It seems like so far the 1/2 unisom at night and 50 mg B6 in the morning is really helping.  Just not sure if I want to continue it for very long, or call the doc and okay it with them...

#97 of 103 Old 08-01-2011, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh118 View Post

I see that some of you are trying B6.  Anyone doing the combination of B6 and Unisom?  I was desperate to feel better the other day and decided to give it a shot.  I haven't been puking (except when I take a prenatal), just feeling on the verge of hurling all day long, but it's making me a wreck!  It seems like so far the 1/2 unisom at night and 50 mg B6 in the morning is really helping.  Just not sure if I want to continue it for very long, or call the doc and okay it with them...

I take b6 twice a day, and Unisom as needed. It makes me sleepy, but it does work.

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
#98 of 103 Old 08-02-2011, 11:25 AM

I've been handling the morning sickness well so far, until I switched prenatal vitamins (today) and its been horrible.

#99 of 103 Old 08-02-2011, 12:08 PM

So far I have had it managed pretty well, but I'm afraid if I stop taking the B6, I'll start vomiting. I probably am safe at this point, but I was so traumatized last time to have hyperemesis and insufficient care from my doctor. It was bad enough that I should have had a picc line with tpn and fluids at home, but they kept blowing me off. I know my current doctor wouldn't do that, but that fear kind of lingers.

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
#100 of 103 Old 08-03-2011, 11:32 AM

Catters...you crack me up!  Here I was feeling like "bad mom of the year" because of the endless hours of Nick Jr. on the computerwinky.gif

#101 of 103 Old 08-03-2011, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Originally Posted by cameragirl View Post

Morning sickness stinks, but it is so much better than crying myself to sleep at night because I don't know how I can get by. That was seriously tough - and I feel so bad if any of you are going through that.

This is exactly where I'm at right now. gloomy.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by catters View Post

I keep promising myself that I'll be totally awesome when this subsides and that it's all worth it and that I'm not scarring my children - yet... innocent.gif  

Yes, that's what I keep saying too.  Trying to do as much as I can with DD at home as far as arts and crafts, imaginative play, mellow games, etc.  And PBS Kids has been a life saver at the worst of times. shy.gif  

I can't even think about getting ready to go out or drive anywhere.  We don't have any family or friends closer than 45 minutes away so it's just me trying to get through this.  Although, some of my wonderful mama friends have offered to come here with their kids and entertain DD but I'm not a huge fan of people being around when I'm this sick, KWIM?  I'm so thankful that DH took next week off and will be able to take DD out!  

“He allowed himself to be swayed by his conviction that human beings are not born once and for all on the day their mothers give birth to them, but that life obliges them over and over again to give birth to themselves.” 

- Gabriel García Márquez

#102 of 103 Old 08-03-2011, 05:03 PM

Okay, ofiicially joining the club...ugh!!  I was in denial for the last couple of weeks, but yesterday and today have been brutal!  I have been sick at least 5-7 times a day for the past couple of days, horrible. 

I too am having mommy guilt, we had to skip out on Gymboree today and swim lessons yesterday, I feel so bad.  I am lucky in that MIL came over around 11 and relieved me until DH got home. 

Anyway, happy to have some company. winky.gif

Mama to Madelynn 8/16/2009 and awaiting buggy #2 March/2011 , partner to DH

#103 of 103 Old 08-03-2011, 06:12 PM

I've decided that I really, really don't like candied ginger. I'm fine with ginger candies, ginger gum, and ginger pills. DH bought the wrong thing at the store, and now I have a huge bag of candied ginger. Something about the texture is off to me. I made him try it, only for him to run out of here gagging and saying he needed to wipe his tongue off. Go figure.

Tags
Morning Sickness Magic 60 Capsules , Secrets To Relieving Morning Sickness What Every Pregnant Woman Must Know

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page