Who should I call, I wonder? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-13-2011, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So I finally got my BFP and want to call my OB practice and make an appointment. I want to see the HB, of course! However, I'm not sure the right place to call. Here's my thoughts, and I can't make sense of them. Maybe you guys can?

1. We're looking at moving about an hour away before my 1st tri is over. Should I even bother calling that OB's office?

2. I'm going to be 37 in a few weeks, which is considered "high risk"at this practice.

3. DS2 has a genetic condition (he's ok) that affected his umbilicus and fluid levels. This baby has a good chance of having the same problem, if s/he inherits the same condition. I was labeled high risk (for good reason) at the end of his pg, and I'm not sure they do "true" high risk there.

4. I don't know if I should just go straight to the maternal-fetal practice at the big hospital about 30 min from the new house? I don't know if I need them or not, since the genetic condition is rare.

5. I am considering just calling my GP, who can maybe recommend one or a regular practice where we're moving? She's going to want to see me anyway.

6. It's possible I'm just overthinking it ;)

Who should I call, I wonder?

Mama to two June bugs, ages 3 and 5, and a m/c at 8wks on 8/11/11.Rainbow Girl rainbow1284.gif 7/25/12

#2 of 5 Old 07-13-2011, 02:27 PM

I'd honestly just call your regular GP for suggestions... It can't hurt, anyway!

jog.gif   mama to DS 7/09 and married to DH bikenew.gif

#3 of 5 Old 07-13-2011, 02:44 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks! This has been going around and around in my head the last 24 hours, and I wasn't sure my post made sense.

Mama to two June bugs, ages 3 and 5, and a m/c at 8wks on 8/11/11.Rainbow Girl rainbow1284.gif 7/25/12

#4 of 5 Old 07-13-2011, 03:11 PM

I would just call whoever you would call if you were already living in your new place, ignoring where you live now.  

Mommy to  N baby.gif, born 2/20/12.

#5 of 5 Old 07-13-2011, 07:30 PM - Thread Starter

You know, when it's written out it seems so obvious! I ended up meeting with some friends tonight, and though I didn't tell them about the BFP I did get a great referral for an OB office that is on the grounds of the big hospital. They do everything, and it sounds like what I am looking for.

Thanks for the help :) I'm just so freaked out that I really did see a line today, and can't seem to think straight!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page