brown discharge - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-17-2011, 06:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Heya, I know it's normal, but still freaks me out a little. Anyone else having some brown discharge?  I find comfort in numbers :) I think I'm only 5 weeks?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2011, 07:05 PM

I don't yet this time, but last pregnancy, I took a little note of what happened, pregnancy-wise, each day, and I had a little brown discharge for about two weeks from about 5.5 weeks until maybe 7 weeks or so.  Very normal, and I ended up with a baby boy!!  It happened to me and I keep wondering if it will happen again.  You're not alone!!

Birthed a beautiful baby boy, Ethan, 11/11/09.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:53 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Cellist, I remember having it last time too but I didn't know I was pregnant and kept thinking my period was going to start.  I can't remember how far along I was when I tested, probably 6 weeks or something?  I also remember being grateful I tested so late because I would have been worried the entire time I was having all the period signs. 

Old 07-18-2011, 01:54 AM

Haven't seen any this time, but I also had some on a off for about a week then it turned pink then red. I went to ER and it got a little heavier and a small clot passed but eased up after that. My son is now 16 months old!

Hope your outcome is a great one too. smile.gif

Stacie (34)
DH (34) ~ DDs (14, 11, 10) ~ DS (6) ~ (11/06) ~ DD (3) ~ DS (1) ~ Surpise BFP 7/2011 pos.gif

Yes, I have a blog for moms too orngbiggrin.gif

Old 07-18-2011, 01:21 PM

Yes, I'm having brown discharge.  I've had a little for a few days.  I'm about 6 weeks.  It is very scary.  I've had 2 previous babies and I never bleed with them so this is different.  Each pregnancy is different, they say!

Old 07-18-2011, 01:42 PM

Me too.  I am 6w1d and have been seeing brown spotting/discharge for about a week.  I ended up having my hcg levels tested, and all was progressing normally, but I'm still scared.  I remember spotting early on with my first, but I didn't keep track of when or for how long.  My nurse said that the levels meant the spotting was in no way related to a miscarriage, but I just want it to stop.  

Old 07-18-2011, 06:58 PM

I had it at 5weeks after sex and it stopped. Couple days later it came back. I was pretty scared but it seems all is well.

Mom to angel baby, grew wings at 5 weeks in May '07, William, born Dec '08, and another angel who grew wings at 8w4d (lost at 11w) in Oct '10. Rachel born Feb 2012, Another angel Lost Sept '13. New bean due Nov '14!
Old 07-19-2011, 06:00 PM

I've been having some brown spotting today and yesterday, too. I know intellectually that it's no big deal, but it still makes me nervous. Glad to hear from others in the same situation, though!

Simone (27), babywearing mama to Henry (2) and someone new coming in late October! love.gif

Old 07-20-2011, 02:13 PM

Update on mine: pulled into the parking lot at work this morning and sensed that something had changed. I dashed into the rest room and found a big puddle of bright red blood in my panties, then passed a large clot into the potty. I had no cramping, but was sure everything was over. Fast forward to an ultrasound, which showed no visible explanation for my bleeding, and a healthy, viable pregnancy complete with heartbeat. The midwife said that this may just be a pregnancy with bleeding - that 50% have some bleeding, and many of those are just fine. She told me to go on pelvic rest, just to be safe. I will never "get used to" seeing blood where it shouldn't be, but I do have a big sense of relief knowing what's going on in there.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:55 PM

I'm so glad everything is OK, Jayto! And I'm really glad you got answers so quickly. That must have been terrifying!

treehugger.gif geek.gif Mama to Lauren Philippa Elethea (3) energy.gifand expecting a little Jay bird March 2012! 3rdtri.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28*babygirl.gif*32***36***40**

Old 07-21-2011, 11:35 AM - Thread Starter

Oh my Jayto! That would have freaked me out!  That's great you were able to get a quick (positive!) confirmation!

Old 07-21-2011, 06:27 PM

Wow scary. I'm so glad that everything looks good.

twin boys born 11/28/08, pregnant with #3 due 3/13/12

Old 07-23-2011, 01:26 PM

I'll join you here.  I'me about 4 wks 6 days and have had brown spotting for about 3 days.  I've also had some light cramping, but nothing serious.  I'm just still kind of reserved about the pregnancy a lot of that because of the spotting.  Hopefully everything is fine and my body is just getting used to a new babe again.  

Old 07-23-2011, 01:55 PM - Thread Starter

I've been feeling very nonpregnant recently.  I had a few days with the light menstrual type cramping (normally what I feel the first day or two after AF starts), though I remember getting that before.  But I've not been having any symptoms the last couple of days.  Not really noticing brown anymore, more yellow?  Went and got some more preg tests and did a test the other night and still a strong positive!  I think I remember having a while where I was thinking (with my first) that I was one of the lucky non morning sickness/no symptom first trimester people which was definitely not the case.  I'll know in a few weeks I suppose!    

Old 07-23-2011, 05:42 PM

I am 5 weeks 1 day and had dark brown spotting last night, and it is more of a beige/tan color this morning.  I have also been having my normal PMS type back pain and some very, very mild cramping.  I don't really remember cramping or spotting with DS, but I didn't test pos with him until closer to 6 weeks.

Laura (26)intactlact.gif DH (39)jammin.gifdrum.gif, DS (Jan 2008)
belly.gif#2 due in Dec 2012   brokenheart.gif 2/12 brokenheart.gif 8/11

Old 07-23-2011, 06:52 PM

I haven't yet, but I do remember having it early with both my previous pregnancies.  It lasted about a day, then I didn't have anything again.  But I do remember being freaked out both times.  

Catherine and B stillheart.gif DS1 (6) biggrinbounce.gif DD (4) loveeyes.gif DS2 (1) drool.gif and expecting #4 shamrocksmile.gif on March 17, 2014.  
Old 07-26-2011, 06:20 AM

I had some yesterday at 6w4d, which freaked me out, despite knowing it was probably "nothing" or "normal."  It's hard to deal with, isn't it!!! 

I also have had a day or two of feeling "less pregnant," at least less ill feeling (still tired, emotional, and breasts sore), which completely freaks me out.  I have to wait almost 2 more weeks for a u/s.

Jayto - thank GOODNESS things turned out OK for you.  Did you bleed any more after that initial gush?  What an awful feeling.  SO happy you got to see your heartbeat, though. :)

Birthed a beautiful baby boy, Ethan, 11/11/09.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellist View Post

Jayto - thank GOODNESS things turned out OK for you.  Did you bleed any more after that initial gush?  What an awful feeling.  SO happy you got to see your heartbeat, though. :)

Yes, I've actually been spotting ever since. No major bleeds or clots, but it's still brown every time I wipe. It's totally unsettling, but I'm much more at peace with it since the midwife told me it might keep happening.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:23 AM - Thread Starter

Ugh!  I've gone awhile without any, but this morning it's back!  So frustrating/kinda scary!  Now I'm being paranoid, Do I really feel pregnant?  I've really not been having much for morning sickness, or have I? My breasts haven't really gotten very tender, Am I really only 6 weeks?  That's still scary early...etc, etc. OK, got to focus on other things and go with the flow.  Maybe I need to take a break from MDC until after the first triemester, so maybe I cut out the analysis...or just once a week or something. 

Old 07-30-2011, 11:41 AM

Hey all you brown spotters..... I had this with every cycle this yr it was totally bugging me so I did some research asked my NRT and sure enough calcium lactate solved the issue. So just take a few a day the best way is at least 1 in the morning and 1 in the evening as to have the dosage in you all day. For me I needed four a day for many months. Then one month I was tired of taking remedies and sure enough that cycle was going good but then had 4 + days of brown spotting urrrr started up with my calcium right away and it stopped with just two doses.

HTH innocent.gif
Old 07-30-2011, 08:24 PM

I've had brown spotting for about a week and have been worrying like mad about miscarrying.  When I went in for my first ultrasound yesterday (7 1/2 weeks) she immediately said "Baby's fine."  And then said that my spotting is probably because the placenta is implanted low in my uterus.  Has anyone heard of this? 

Old 07-30-2011, 08:50 PM

Yes, placenta previa. It almost always moves up as you progress in your pregnancy. :)

Mom to angel baby, grew wings at 5 weeks in May '07, William, born Dec '08, and another angel who grew wings at 8w4d (lost at 11w) in Oct '10. Rachel born Feb 2012, Another angel Lost Sept '13. New bean due Nov '14!
Old 07-30-2011, 10:09 PM - Thread Starter

How interesting, I've never heard about that!  I'm still waiting on my u/s, next Thursday I believe! 

Old 07-31-2011, 03:02 AM

I had some with my last pregnancy and even some bright red bleeding for a while, but even then everything ended up fine and DD is as healthy as can be! :)

Mama to a bright 5 y/o girl dust.gif and a beautiful boy born 03/10/12 fly-by-nursing1.gif Loving unschooling, 2xuc.jpgfamilybed2.gif ecbaby2.gifand natural living in Hawaii.rainbow1284.gif
Old 07-31-2011, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayto View Post

Update on mine: pulled into the parking lot at work this morning and sensed that something had changed. I dashed into the rest room and found a big puddle of bright red blood in my panties, then passed a large clot into the potty. I had no cramping, but was sure everything was over. Fast forward to an ultrasound, which showed no visible explanation for my bleeding, and a healthy, viable pregnancy complete with heartbeat. The midwife said that this may just be a pregnancy with bleeding - that 50% have some bleeding, and many of those are just fine. She told me to go on pelvic rest, just to be safe. I will never "get used to" seeing blood where it shouldn't be, but I do have a big sense of relief knowing what's going on in there.

Almost the exact same thing happened to me on Friday. I was laying in bed and felt a big gush, ran to the bathroom and was soaked in dark red blood. I was convinced I was losing the baby, but I went to the ER and the bleeding stopped and there was a perfectly happy healthy baby ticking away. Again this morning I wiped and there was bright red, now its gone again but its SO terrifying. No cramping or pain or anything, just random bleeding. I spotted with my last pregnancy, but it was just tiny spots, not "bleeding" like this is. Its awful. 

Mama to nine gorgeous babies, with finale #10 due April'14.

User Tag List