Found the heartbeat! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 07-24-2011, 02:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I found it today! It was VERY far forward. I had it just above my pubic bone and angled so far forward part of the doppler (angelsounds) was off my body by an inch or 2. I didn't time it but I could tell it was good and fast. I only listened long enough to confirm, show tyler, enjoy it for a second and then I shut it off. So happy my bean is trucking along.

Last night I tried but couldn't find it yet, and all night I dreamt of miscarriage. Which is silly because logically I know it's early to be hearing it. I guess subconciously we're always terrified. My last bean's heart stopped at 8w4d.

Probably tomorrow I'll try again with speakers so I can take a video to post. And my ultrasound pics are in (from 6w3d) so I'll be able to share those tomorrow too. :)

Mom to angel baby, grew wings at 5 weeks in May '07, William, born Dec '08, and another angel who grew wings at 8w4d (lost at 11w) in Oct '10. Rachel born Feb 2012, Another angel Lost Sept '13. New bean due Nov '14!
#2 of 7 Old 07-24-2011, 06:30 PM

Yeah!!!!!!

Chelsey Married to my Wonderful Husband Devin: Mama to James 9.7.08wild.gif , Joy 5.19.10 energy.gifTitus 3.37.12 biggrinbounce.gif10/07angel.gif  Macy dog2.gif : Expecting #4 belly.gif in August
#3 of 7 Old 07-24-2011, 06:32 PM

How exciting!

Mama to 4 amazing little people, another little expected 3/6/12!
Avid Unassisted Birth supporter/Mama

#4 of 7 Old 07-24-2011, 08:35 PM

So happy for you, mama! What wonderful news!

treehugger.gif geek.gif Mama to Lauren Philippa Elethea (3) energy.gifand expecting a little Jay bird March 2012! 3rdtri.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28*babygirl.gif*32***36***40**

#5 of 7 Old 07-24-2011, 08:50 PM

Awesome! Where was the probe positioned when it picked up the heartbeat?

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
#6 of 7 Old 07-24-2011, 09:39 PM - Thread Starter

It was just above the pubic bone, angled downwards (towards my toes) very sharply, such that the bottom of the doppler (pear shaped machine) was lifted away from my body quite a bit. My uterus sits very far forward, I can feel it already when I press on my abdomen. So the baby is very close to the surface of my skin.

I found it early with my last pg too, my abdomen was in a similar position. But the baby wasn't sitting quite so far forward. I think it implanted in a different spot than last time.

Mom to angel baby, grew wings at 5 weeks in May '07, William, born Dec '08, and another angel who grew wings at 8w4d (lost at 11w) in Oct '10. Rachel born Feb 2012, Another angel Lost Sept '13. New bean due Nov '14!
#7 of 7 Old 07-24-2011, 10:09 PM

I totally missed that! Sorry. I'm rocking a migraine and probably should just get some sleep. I got mine, but it's probably too soon to find anything, especially with a little pudge.

BTW - I know that my uterus was sitting towards the back before the pregnancy with DD. I had a c-section and they lift your uterus out of your body (freaky and not really necessary...anyways) so I have no clue how it is sitting now.

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page