Any one starting to think of baby names? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-24-2011, 07:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I know it is early but this is one of the first things I started thinking about. We think we might have a boys name but are at a loss on girls names.

Chelsey Married to my Wonderful Husband Devin: Mama to James 9.7.08wild.gif , Joy 5.19.10 energy.gifTitus 3.37.12 biggrinbounce.gif10/07angel.gif  Macy dog2.gif : Expecting #4 belly.gif in August
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2011, 05:23 AM

We had a girl name as soon as the pee dried on the stick for #1...but then we had a boy! So we will use that name if it's a girl this time. Miriam Faith :) For boys I REALLY love Judah Paul, but hubby doesn't really like it. We haven't really talked about it, except for the fact that we will use our girl name from the last pregnancy if it's a girl. 

Proud wife to my handsome husband partners.gif Malachi David (2010) and Jeremiah Daniel (2012) joined our family via two lovely homebirths. Rainbow.gif Doula for 7 years and now finally an apprentice midwife! bellycast.gif 

bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifnovaxnocirc.gifcd.giffemalesling.GIF

Old 07-25-2011, 05:34 AM

I wasn't planning on it, but I do remember a few coming to mind last week.  Honestly though, right now, I have NO CLUE what they were.  Can't remember the ones that popped into my head at all. Talk about preggo brain.  lol

Stacie (34)
DH (34) ~ DDs (14, 11, 10) ~ DS (6) ~ (11/06) ~ DD (3) ~ DS (1) ~ Surpise BFP 7/2011 pos.gif

Yes, I have a blog for moms too orngbiggrin.gif

Old 07-25-2011, 07:00 AM

We started talking baby names when we started ttc almost a year ago. I think we have first names picked out just have to come up with middle names..

Sandra Mommy to Z 3/1/05, Z and Z Boy/girl twins 8/6/07, Z 8/5/09, and Z 3/23/12... Pregnant with #6 due in Aug!
Old 07-25-2011, 09:30 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

We have a girl name picked out, but no boy name.  We had agreed on a girl name before our youngest was born, but didn't have a boy name we felt strongly about.  He was a boy, and we spent a week looking over name websites and trying to find & agree on a name.  We have four boys and if this one is a boy, I'm not sure we'll be able to find a fifth name we both like.  

If it's a boy, I think I would like a name that starts with "L"; unfortunately, I haven't found one we both like.

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

Old 07-25-2011, 09:43 AM

I like Cady (Elizabeth Cady Stanton) for a girl and Clive for a boy. I think I really want to do a C name because DH and I are both C's and right now we have 3 girls who have J names and I REALLY don't want to do another J name but I don't want the baby to feel left out.

I also like Chaucer for a boy. Cash and Cree (my husbands nickname) are also nice. Then Coraline and Caralina are nice too.

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

Old 07-25-2011, 07:46 PM

We have a girl name picked out and a boy middle name but Who knows if they will feel right. We had a list of about 15 boy names when our twins were born and used none of them because they just didn't seem to fit them. 

twin boys born 11/28/08, pregnant with #3 due 3/13/12

Old 07-25-2011, 08:17 PM

Our baby's name will start with a D like his/her siblings and all of DH's siblings and paternal aunts and uncles....that's all I know!

Old 07-29-2011, 01:25 PM

I'm still working to convince DH that our daughter can and should be named Charlie, or Charly. We've also talking about Susie/Suzanne and Caira as possible names we like. But I didn't just tell you that because I'm not telling anybody....

sulkoff.gif

Old 07-29-2011, 02:35 PM

I like Piper and Benjamin...but I just can't get a feel on it this time. We didn't decide until around 7 months with DD...but with that pregnancy, I KNEW from early on that it was a girl. This time it has been hard to judge, and I can't even put a finger on more names that I like.

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
Old 07-29-2011, 03:29 PM

Mia and Desmond :-)
Old 07-29-2011, 04:34 PM

We have the girl name picked out and 2 for boys that we need to decide on. Girl will def be Ryen Elizabeth. The Ryen is a scramble on my name Eryn.

Old 07-30-2011, 06:50 AM

i have come up with a boy front runner name, Arlo. , then a girl, still Cady. and I don't feel like thinking about names any more for a couple of months...but that could change next week.

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

Old 07-30-2011, 11:10 AM

What about Charlize?  It's traditionally a girl name and you can call her Charlie.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriciaRawks View Post

I'm still working to convince DH that our daughter can and should be named Charlie, or Charly. We've also talking about Susie/Suzanne and Caira as possible names we like. But I didn't just tell you that because I'm not telling anybody....

sulkoff.gif

Old 07-30-2011, 12:07 PM

Or Charlotte?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisen View Post

What about Charlize?  It's traditionally a girl name and you can call her Charlie.  

Janel, crochetsmilie.gif DIY/crafting addicted wife to DH treehugger.gif for 8 yrs, loving mama to DD1 notes.gif - 6 yrs, DD2energy.gif- 3 yrs, and baby 3 stork-suprise.gif due Feb/Mar 2012, planning our first waterbirth.jpg  homebirth.jpg

Old 07-30-2011, 12:12 PM

I'm having a hard time loving any names this time.  I normally obsess and have to narrow down from all the names I LOVE, but this time I'm just kinda... meh.  I was so into William if my girls had been boys (named for my grandpa) but I'm having the same reaction as everything else now.... meh.  Maybe it's the 1st trimester hormones that make all of life seem blah.  :)

Janel, crochetsmilie.gif DIY/crafting addicted wife to DH treehugger.gif for 8 yrs, loving mama to DD1 notes.gif - 6 yrs, DD2energy.gif- 3 yrs, and baby 3 stork-suprise.gif due Feb/Mar 2012, planning our first waterbirth.jpg  homebirth.jpg

Old 07-30-2011, 02:50 PM

Brisen, 

I like L names and there are lots of great not-overused ones for boys. Since I love names I have to throw my two cents in though I am not sure how our baby name tastes match up. 

Leander

Lorenzo (plus a cute nick name: Ozzy)

Linnaeus

Lysander

Lucius

Some other nice ones: Leif, Liam, Leland, Luca

Old 07-31-2011, 07:34 AM

I think our boy's name is a lock.  And a middle name for a girl is also set, but we're having issues agreeing on a first name for a girl.  We have one we like (well, DH loves, I like) but I'm not set on it.  

Catherine and B stillheart.gif DS1 (6) biggrinbounce.gif DD (4) loveeyes.gif DS2 (1) drool.gif and expecting #4 shamrocksmile.gif on March 17, 2014.  
Old 07-31-2011, 07:43 AM

For a girl name we love Evie Maye right now, but that could change.  As for boy names my DH is way too picky and only likes Jack.  Cute, but I feel like there are a lot of those right now...still in a stand off.  eyesroll.gif

Mama to Madelynn 8/16/2009 and awaiting buggy #2 March/2011 , partner to DH

Old 07-31-2011, 02:18 PM

Charlize....like as in "Sharleeze" or "Sharleese" (pronunciation)? That's nice but I'm stickin' with Charlie.

I love hearing what other mamas are thinking for names. So many creative names these days...

Old 07-31-2011, 04:36 PM

I always said it as Char-leeze

Old 07-31-2011, 04:40 PM

Ozzy -- all of these were on our list last time!  I guess our tastes do match up pretty well.  We have an Anders now, though, so Lysander is off the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy View Post

Leander

Lorenzo (plus a cute nick name: Ozzy)

Linnaeus

Lysander

Old 07-31-2011, 04:44 PM

I've only heard it like "Sharleeze."  It's French (the feminine form of Charles), so I think it would have that "z" sound in it.

Quote:

Charlize....like as in "Sharleeze" or "Sharleese" (pronunciation)? That's nice but I'm stickin' with Charlie.

I love hearing what other mamas are thinking for names. So many creative names these days...

Old 07-31-2011, 06:23 PM

charley (or charleigh) is our girl name also.  its a family name for my side (all the men of course) and my middle name is Leigh - but ive always thought it was cute and spunky for a girl.  my mom said she wanted to name me Charlize (which i respectfully DO NOT like as an alternative) but no one would go for it.  when my husband and i met i was obsessed with him agreeing to the name of our future unborn child.  i got him on board with this and now ive actually tried to throw some others in the mix and he can't shift gears.  go figure.

my MIL HATES shortened names as full names.  she gets hung up on that lack of formality.  which i think is crap.  but i get the tradition - she's old school.  we have just had to agree to disagree b/c we both get fired up about it.  the only thing i don't like is the idea that she'd totally be called 'CHUCK' by someone at some point.  or herself.  and chuck just geeks me out for a girl.

my other current top contender girl names are:  Lachlan, Sabine (yes 'griffin & sabine'...), Laurel, Embry, and Josephine (my husbands middle name is Joseph - and i love 'josie').  Only Embry wont happen b/c its his dad's name and they pretty much don't speak.  lol.  so someone can have it!!  here.  i just donated it to the name bank.  the others are copyrighted.  

my husband doesn't like playing the name game, like at all.  but he does like the name Maceo for a boy.  but we are soooooooo not italian...and it sounds too italian.  but i love the name and think its unique.  but i don't like MACE.  you always have to think of the shortened possibilities!! ahhh!!

* I love love love all the day long - the name Amelie but think it would get butchered here in the states.  and we aint french so we'd be total posers (like Maceo)  but it rocks.

32 - son born 9/21/09
Old 07-31-2011, 10:45 PM

Sebastian 

Magdalena

Not set, just some cute ideas.

Gina

Mama to Grace (8/1/03), Landon (4/7/05) and.......1sttri.gif

intactlact.gif hbac.gif

Old 07-31-2011, 11:13 PM

I have a love affair with the name Ellis for a girl. I can already see her in my mind. So, dibs. ;)

Ditto on the ultrasounds...I will be shocked if this is a boy, so it will be good to have time to get used to the idea of a boy if I am wrong. Of course I'll be thrilled either way, but am just getting such strong girl vibes! If it is a boy he might be Miles Benjamin.

Separate note... we are stuck for a middle name. Needs to have 3 or 4 syllables, flexible on traditional or contemporary. Anyone have brilliant ideas?

Love this thread!

Baking a cupcake at 98.6°. This little lady is due early March 2012.

***4***8***12***16****20***24***28***32*ecbaby.gif*36***40**

Old 08-01-2011, 06:38 AM

Ellis is a cute name!

I like Rosemary as a 3-syllable middle name.

Amelia

Miriam

Joanna

Meredith

Bethany

Helena

Marisol

Mirabel

Marieve

Old 08-01-2011, 11:00 AM

Penelope

Calliope

Minerva

Athena

Camera 

Beverley

Kimberley

Diana

Cassandra

Rebecca

Tabitha

Lucinda

Louisa

Susanna

Coraline

Caroline

Cecilia

Vanessa (names like this with lots of s's kind of flow nicely with Ellis, but it might be a little much.  I'm not sure so I'm putting them in anyway)

Clarissa

Delilah

Gloria

Mallory

Ophelia

Old 08-01-2011, 01:26 PM

Quote:

sulkoff.gif

My name is Susanne!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janel47 View Post

I'm having a hard time loving any names this time.  I normally obsess and have to narrow down from all the names I LOVE, but this time I'm just kinda... meh.  I was so into William if my girls had been boys (named for my grandpa) but I'm having the same reaction as everything else now.... meh.  Maybe it's the 1st trimester hormones that make all of life seem blah.  :)

My son's name is William!

AFM. I haven't been looking but I stumbled upon the name Corbin and I really like it for a boy. But I feel this is a girl. And I have no ideas yet for girl names.

Mom to angel baby, grew wings at 5 weeks in May '07, William, born Dec '08, and another angel who grew wings at 8w4d (lost at 11w) in Oct '10. Rachel born Feb 2012, Another angel Lost Sept '13. New bean due Nov '14!
Old 08-01-2011, 03:21 PM

i love mallory.

and ellis is very cute ;-)  i like emery too.  i love love love Emerson.  im sure there are no Emerson's in existence.  Can I TM that one too? lol.  hardy har.  i feel like a 2 year old klepto hording toys when it comes to dishing my favorite names.

32 - son born 9/21/09

User Tag List