Well, I can't suck it in... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 60 Old 08-01-2011, 08:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Cameragirl wrote:  It was so bad last night that I couldn't eat dinner...and that made me want to cry because we went out for DD's birthday. I couldn't even look at the ice cream sundae the waiter brought her.

My dh made layered dip and brought it out with a big bowl of tortilla chips, once all the kids were in bed.  It looked so yummy but the thought of eating it made me feel like puking.  Ugh.  So I ate a popsicle, which seemed to settle my stomach, and I managed to eat a bunch of it.  

Cameragirl wrote: They look normal, but sit low enough that they'll last me through October or so when it starts to cool off here.

Oh my, just reading that makes me want to give up and go lie down under a fan.  We start getting much cooler evenings/nights in early September here, and I am soooo ready for it by then.  It's only 78 here right now, and it feels like 92; that's plenty warm enough for me.  Blerg.

Birthfree -- lol.gif   How reassuring!

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

#32 of 60 Old 08-01-2011, 10:30 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am barely 6 weeks and I've already got a pot.  I don't think I showed quite so early in my previous pregnancies but I think in general I show fairly early.  I'm amazed by people who can keep it a secret for months.  I have a malformed pelvis, though, so there is no where for it all to go but out.  Also I have big babies  - 9/5 and 10/11. I wear mostly cotton knits so everything is fitting fine but I definitely have that "is she or isn't she" look.  When I told my dad he said he thought so but didn't want to embarress me by asking, in case I was just getting fat!

treehugger.gif homemaker mama to jumpers.gif and stork-boy.gif due in March

#33 of 60 Old 08-02-2011, 09:41 PM

This is getting ridiculous. I can't hide it, even if I tried. I know that a lot of it is bloating/gas, but I look really pregnant. I have a feeling that my chiropractor is going to switch me to the table with a drop-out belly soon, and I'll only be 9 weeks this Thursday. My regular tank tops are starting to get too short! The baby measured 2 days big on the first ultrasound, and now is measuring 5 or so days big. I was expecting a big baby because DD was 9.9 lb at 39 weeks, but she never measured big until 29 weeks or so. I think I might as well rock the maternity clothes so that people will assume it is a baby and not me just getting fatter.

6004459260_a36946be13.jpg
IMG_0208 by JJordanPhotography, on Flickr

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
#34 of 60 Old 08-03-2011, 05:28 AM

Cameragirl, you are lovely!  Seems like when the belly pushes out further than the boobs, that's when women look definitively pregnant and not fluffy.  :)  I did not reach that point until 20w with my first, but I have a long torso and apparently a lot of room to hide baby. 

#35 of 60 Old 08-03-2011, 06:41 AM

Awww, what a lovely Bloaty Fart Baby!

DS: 18 DD: 15 DD: 8  angel1.gif 11/10  angel1.gif 4/11
  adoptionheart-1.gifDD: 3  angel1.gif 8/11

#36 of 60 Old 08-03-2011, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameragirl View Post

Do you ladies have a much bigger stomach by the end of the day? It is kind of ridiculous. In the morning, I just look chubby. By dinner time, I look like I'm 4 months pregnant.

This is happening to me now.  I wake up and don't look pregnant at all.  By bedtime its really obvious.  bigeyes.gif  I'm 9 weeks now.

Edited because I typed 89 weeks......

Mommy to  N baby.gif, born 2/20/12.

#37 of 60 Old 08-03-2011, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyamo View Post

This is happening to me now.  I wake up and don't look pregnant at all.  By bedtime its really obvious.  bigeyes.gif  I'm 9 weeks now.

Edited because I typed 89 weeks......

By the third trimester, it will feel like 89 weeks. smile.gif

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
#38 of 60 Old 08-03-2011, 06:22 PM

I <3 your bloaty fart baby.

Mama to two June bugs, ages 3 and 5, and a m/c at 8wks on 8/11/11.Rainbow Girl rainbow1284.gif 7/25/12

#39 of 60 Old 08-03-2011, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardent View Post

Cameragirl, you are lovely!  Seems like when the belly pushes out further than the boobs, that's when women look definitively pregnant and not fluffy.  :)  I did not reach that point until 20w with my first, but I have a long torso and apparently a lot of room to hide baby. 

Yeah - that's the weird thing. I'm taller than average, but man my belly sticks out. I'd expect it more from my 5"2' sister, but I think I'm tied for belly size. My chiropractor has this tall, willowy frame. I didn't even realize she was pregnant until she was over 6 months and suddenly had a gut. My aunt was like that, too. Both barely looked pregnant, and carried nice sized babies. I think it must have something to do with God's sense of humor. wink1.gif

#40 of 60 Old 08-03-2011, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyamo View Post

If I haven't eaten, my stomach is almost totally flat, but when I'm full, my belly pooches out with the meal quite a lot.  This has always happened to me, it's not because I'm pregnant, but I'm a lot more aware of it now.  So if you don't count this after-dinner issue, I'm not showing at all, just maybe a tiny bit more bloated than usual.    8 wks.  

This is me. I have separated abs. In the morning when they have nothing to hold back my abs are flat. But after a meal it's like, forget. I look pregnant even when I'm not. Now that I'm 9.5 weeks it's getting obvious. A friend took a candid pic of me and showed me myself "and my bump"

Mom to angel baby, grew wings at 5 weeks in May '07, William, born Dec '08, and another angel who grew wings at 8w4d (lost at 11w) in Oct '10. Rachel born Feb 2012, Another angel Lost Sept '13. New bean due Nov '14!
#41 of 60 Old 08-03-2011, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisen View Post

Cameragirl wrote: They look normal, but sit low enough that they'll last me through October or so when it starts to cool off here.

Oh my, just reading that makes me want to give up and go lie down under a fan.  We start getting much cooler evenings/nights in early September here, and I am soooo ready for it by then.  It's only 78 here right now, and it feels like 92; that's plenty warm enough for me.  Blerg.

Birthfree -- lol.gif   How reassuring!

Oddly enough, we've had a very cool summer. The normal temps around here are 100* or so, with occasional 115* days. The year I had DD, it was over 100* every day, but most days were around 115*. I was so hot and swollen that I was begging that baby to come out.

#42 of 60 Old 08-04-2011, 03:03 PM

So I know most people attibute the belly to bloating and I can understand that as the belly is bigger in the evening but I am waking up with a deffinate bump in the morning. All my low rise shorts fit but only 2 pairs of jeans that were a little big before and have stretch fit comfortably. Mostly I am hanging around the house in a sports bra and yoga pants. I am so worried when I do go back to work that I wont even fit in my work clothes as everything was really fitted and that will just not work.

#43 of 60 Old 08-04-2011, 06:51 PM

GrowingPeaPod - You need bella bands! My friend wore her regular work pants for months with a twin pregnancy with those!

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#44 of 60 Old 08-04-2011, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieL View Post

GrowingPeaPod - You need bella bands! My friend wore her regular work pants for months with a twin pregnancy with those!

My Bella band is saving my life right now (well, the cheap Target version). I am just not ready to announce yet, and even if I was my summer maternity stuff is WAY too big for me right now. So, I use the Be not just to keep regular pants up while unbuttoned, but also to sorta flatten out the pudge that baby #3 is pushing up. Sexy, it is not, but it IS practical.

Mama to two June bugs, ages 3 and 5, and a m/c at 8wks on 8/11/11.Rainbow Girl rainbow1284.gif 7/25/12

#45 of 60 Old 08-04-2011, 07:47 PM

I've been living in Old Navy maternity shorts and yoga pants. The shorts have a tie waist, so they stay up. The yoga pants have a fold-over waist and I'm big enough now for them. It is warm, so the belly bands aren't feeling comfortable. DH and I went through my shirts yesterday, too. I packed everything that is normal length, and luckily the longer shirts still fit okay. I'm trying to get through the summer without buying too much. Most of my maternity clothes are long-sleeved or pants since I worked full time with DD's pregnancy.

Oh, and that gut is there ALL day. It does get bigger, but it is definitely here to stay.

#46 of 60 Old 08-05-2011, 06:36 AM

I think maybe I could hide it but just look like I am getting a pooch EXCEPT for the fact that I am a dance teacher and wear leotards to class.....so I almost want to tell all the parents next week so they don't just think Miss Mizelle is gettting fat! haha

#47 of 60 Old 08-05-2011, 07:04 AM

I dropped my breakfast on my shirt today for the first time.  I only ever get food on myself when I am pregnant.  So yeah, no hiding it!

treehugger.gif homemaker mama to jumpers.gif and stork-boy.gif due in March

#48 of 60 Old 08-08-2011, 12:59 PM

cameragirl, my bloaty fart baby wanted to say hi

7w5d. Baby 3. I should lay off the beans.

#49 of 60 Old 08-08-2011, 01:32 PM

Very cute! smile.gif I've noticed that even when I'm not bloaty or farty, the belly doesn't go down. I think I'm officially stuck with it now. smile.gif At least I didn't have to try to hide it this time.

#50 of 60 Old 08-08-2011, 07:02 PM - Thread Starter

Lol!  Love the Bloaty Fart Baby nickname... that is hilarious.

It's so bad now... I have separated abdominal muscles and have since pg #1, but my daughter totally blew my muscles out - you know that "boys are low, girls are straight out"?  It was true for me. Soooo, now there is like a 1" separation at least - so I'm esp Bloaty Fart Baby, but it'll motivate me to finally tell my parents, faster.  Otherwise, I'd tell them when the baby was already here. ;)

Mama to 4 amazing little people, another little expected 3/6/12!
Avid Unassisted Birth supporter/Mama

#51 of 60 Old 08-08-2011, 07:41 PM

I think I'm stuck with mine, too. My tummy wasn't flat before, but it was certainly smaller, lower, and more modest. I'm attempting to hide it at work. It's working, right?? Ha.

BIrthFree, I had to laugh. I dream of telling my mom sometime in late March!  Your bloaty fart baby is a blabbermouth, like mine ;)

#52 of 60 Old 08-08-2011, 08:19 PM

I grew this chunk of baby last time, so I have absolutely no hope of *not* showing so soon. She stretched me out so badly that I still have stretch marks 2 inches wide, and it has been five years. Good thing she is cute. smile.gif

6024027557_1877e88b00.jpg
5600_109434867057_521502057_2341509_7413424_n by JJordanPhotography, on Flickr

6024027653_e3c015b97c.jpg
5600_109444697057_521502057_2341635_3818629_n by JJordanPhotography, on Flickr

#53 of 60 Old 08-09-2011, 05:27 AM

Awww, she's too cute, cameragirl!  (Do you do a lot of photography?  Is that where your username comes from?  I have a friend named Camera, pronounced ca-MEHR-a, and that's how I always read your UN.)

When my MIL was pg with #7, they were living far away from her family, and she knew her mom would be worried.  So they didn't tell her until the baby was born.  I'm not sure if they told other family, or if everyone knew to keep it a secret from MIL's mom.

I've started wearing my Old Navy maternity skirt; it's a fold over one made of a nice stretchy knit and is so incredibly comfortable.  I might marry it.  I noticed today, though, that it had kind of migrated down, so the tighter fold over part was hugging under my belly, and my shirt was snug, too, so I totally looked like I was showing off a baby belly.  We see my parents at least once a week; I'm sure they're going to suspect something, since this is around the time I generally get pregnant again.

#54 of 60 Old 08-09-2011, 07:51 AM

Lots of early bellies! This is #2 for me and I'm not even 7 weeks and already having trouble hiding it, yikes! Part of it is the sudden massive breast growth though - its was what gave me away to my mom the first time and it's going to do it again. Is anyone else dealing with this already? I've gone up a cup size in a week! I'm going to be soooooo much bigger when I'm nursing this time, since I will be starting at pretty much the same size as I was when I was nursing DD. Any ideas for hiding until I'm ready to reveal (or do I just need to get ready quickly, lol?!)

#55 of 60 Old 08-09-2011, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisen View Post

Awww, she's too cute, cameragirl!  (Do you do a lot of photography?  Is that where your username comes from?  I have a friend named Camera, pronounced ca-MEHR-a, and that's how I always read your UN.)

I generally have my camera slung around my neck when we're out somewhere. My name is actually Jillian. smile.gif My 9.9 lb, 19.5 inch chunk of baby is pretty big now. This was the picture I took for her party invite this year.

6026142303_b4d4eee3b7_m.jpg
IMG_9977 by JJordanPhotography, on Flickr

#56 of 60 Old 08-09-2011, 12:08 PM

Too cute!

#57 of 60 Old 08-09-2011, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamandefille View Post

Lots of early bellies! This is #2 for me and I'm not even 7 weeks and already having trouble hiding it, yikes! Part of it is the sudden massive breast growth though - its was what gave me away to my mom the first time and it's going to do it again. Is anyone else dealing with this already? I've gone up a cup size in a week! I'm going to be soooooo much bigger when I'm nursing this time, since I will be starting at pretty much the same size as I was when I was nursing DD. Any ideas for hiding until I'm ready to reveal (or do I just need to get ready quickly, lol?!)

I need to go buy some new bras. I saved my bras from last time, but I'm pretty sure they're in the back of our storage unit somewhere. I've definitely outgrown what I have.

Loose clothes should help hide the belly. Celebrities always carry big purses in front of them, but that's not exactly practical for most of us. smile.gif

#58 of 60 Old 08-09-2011, 12:55 PM

I put on a loose shirt today, a maternity shirt actually but one I wear whether I'm pregnant or not because I like the length & the colour.  I thought it would help hide my tummy.  My mom stopped in earlier, and after she left, I turned around and caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror.  My shirt totally sits up on my belly, accentuating it instead of hiding it, and then kind of tents out down from there.  It's not an empire or babydoll type shirt, just a polo t-shirt with an unfortunate fit.

#59 of 60 Old 08-09-2011, 01:13 PM

Cameragirl, that's my sister's name!  I hardly ever see anyone else with that name and spelling.  

Mommy to  N baby.gif, born 2/20/12.

#60 of 60 Old 08-09-2011, 01:22 PM

I totally thought I was getting away with hiding it yesterday until I caught myself in the mirror. I had to take a pic for you guys.

Mamandeflille, my actually successful moves have been to wear a tank or shelf bra with a tank over it and THEN a shirt. Nothing like squishing to help (if you can stand it). My boss was staring at my boobs last night, I guess she's noticed the size, too. Eep.

Cameragirl, I love that pic! I have zero talent with a camera and wish I could capture my kids better. I think you birthed a baby bigger than my second son at 3 months old!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page