Blood vessels popping in hands and toes... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-08-2011, 01:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've had blood vessels pop randomly in my fingers/toes/hands a few times in my life.  It stings and turns blue.  When it does happen, it seems to come in spurts and then go away for months.  I haven't had this happen for a couple of years probably, but I had one pop in my hand the other day and in my toe tonight.  I know your vascular system goes thru all sorts of changes while pregnant, but is this common?  Anyone else have this?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2011, 06:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I was going to say yes, as the veins in my hands & feet tend to pop out so they are really swollen and noticeable, but there is no pain, and only the actual veins are bluish.  It's just like my veins are really stretchy and the blood tends to pool in them when I'm warm/swollen with pg.

The stinging and turning blue sounds to me like when the veins in my legs were first -- I don't know what the verb is -- varicosing?  Spell check is underlining that... I have varicose veins in my legs, and when I was first developing them, I would sometimes feel one popping out, and I would feel stinging, itching, and pressure.  But I don't know how common it is to get them in your hands and toes.

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

User Tag List