Candia Detox and Pregnancy - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-08-2011, 06:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I was wondering if it is possible to do a yeast detox during early pregnancy...I have done them before pregnancy and had great results but didn't know if this is something people do while expecting.  I would use a natural yeast fighter and a probiotic...any thoughts!  Thanks.

#2 of 5 Old 08-09-2011, 07:05 AM

I think I remember reading on Bee's candida yahoo group that it's better to start sooner than later doing a candida detox even while pregnant but don't quote me on that. You could post your question in health & healing too or the I'm pregnant section to get more feedback.

Tina - mama to DD1 10yrs, DD2 5.5 yrs and DD3 22 mo and wifey to DH.
#3 of 5 Old 08-09-2011, 11:39 AM
JMJ

From everything I've read, I would say don't do that during pregnancy, and be careful about it during breastfeeding.  Candida sequesters mercury and other toxins.  Killing it releases those into your body, and your body detoxes through various means, especially through the placenta and your breast milk.  The die-off reactions that you get with the yeast detoxes are caused by the toxins released by the yeasts as they die.  I would not take anything that is designed to cause a major die off while pregnant or breastfeeding.  You do not want to flood your baby's body with that kind of toxic load.

I would encourage probiotics (not kombucha if you have major yeast problems, though I added it in slowly to my diet while nursing an almost 2 year old, but I wouldn't do it while pregnant or with a young nursling), reducing sugars and things that break down into sugars in your gut, and nutrient loading to help with liver detox (antioxidants and folate are very helpful) pathways.  These will slowly stabilize things in your gut without causing a major die-off.  It's harder to do it this way, but you can at least be moving in the right direction and then take a more aggressive approach after your baby weans.

#4 of 5 Old 08-11-2011, 08:10 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you for your info...very helpful!  

#5 of 5 Old 08-11-2011, 08:35 AM
JMJ

It's kinda a catch 22 when dealing with yeast in pregnancy.  You don't want thrush either, but you don't want that much mercury and other toxins causing problems for your baby.  If vaginal yeast is a problem as you are approaching birth, you may consider using diluted Tea Tree Oil or something like that to treat vaginal yeast (also effective against GBS) shortly before your due date to try to prevent thrush.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page