A little spotting. No need to worry, right? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 08-09-2011, 07:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had some red spotting yesterday for a few hours, but only when I wiped. It turned brown and eased off. Today, I have started up with a tiny bit of brown. It's not a huge deal, right, since it's not much and brown? I've never had spitting before to know if I should call or just wait it out.

What's the rational thing to do?

Mama to two June bugs, ages 3 and 5, and a m/c at 8wks on 8/11/11.Rainbow Girl rainbow1284.gif 7/25/12

#2 of 15 Old 08-09-2011, 09:11 AM

same thing here but only with the brown. i can only tell when i wipe as its not really coming out of me. ugthhh. ill sit back and wait for a reply too. im not cramping or anything either but i have never had spotting in a pregnancy except when i had a miscarriage before.

mom to the awesomest 9 year old little lady. mom to the awesomest mushy baby born oct.16 2009 by successful VBAC. wife to the awesomest dude ever. life is good. at it again and due march 3, 2012!

#3 of 15 Old 08-09-2011, 11:12 AM - Thread Starter

I've never had spotting with my other two, either. I'm not sure anything could be done if I call my OB, except a quick peek on the u/s. I'm not sure there's really enough spotting to warrant that, and I don't want to be over reacting.

I hope we can both get some good advice :)

Mama to two June bugs, ages 3 and 5, and a m/c at 8wks on 8/11/11.Rainbow Girl rainbow1284.gif 7/25/12

#4 of 15 Old 08-09-2011, 11:27 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I had it from weeks 7-13 with my first, and three rounds this pregnancy (23 weeks and doing okay).  I think it is pretty normal.  hang in there, mamas...

#5 of 15 Old 08-09-2011, 01:10 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you!

Mine picked up again and turned pink/red a little while ago. I called the nurse line at the OB's to ask about it, as I know her from my 1st two kids. She went ahead and ordered an u/s for the morning. She said that since this was day 2 and getting fresher it was good to have a look. I made clear I'm not freaking out (much!) just was trying to get an idea of WHEN to worry. I was pretty happy with that,  I'm 8w tomorrow and wasn't able to get in for my first visit until next week, so I'm happy to get an answer tomorrow--one way or another.

#6 of 15 Old 08-09-2011, 01:16 PM

I had this with my first, around 7-8 weeks along.  I did call the ob back then, and they basically said there's nothing to do but wait.  Try to relax, stay free of stress, etc.  If it's a miscarriage, they can't really stop it.  BUT, I think talking to your ob is a good thing - and I would call again if this happens this time around.

But, for me it wasn't anything.  It stopped after 2 days and everything was fine.  Well, except she's 2 years old now (and good at it)!  

#7 of 15 Old 08-09-2011, 01:24 PM

Usually if you have just a drop or two, it could be from being constipated or from having sex. The cervix is flush with blood, and barely touching it can make it bleed. Some OB's will put off pap smears until the 2nd trimester because patients can spot and then get worried that they are miscarrying. I'm surprised I didn't spot from mine at 8 weeks.

It never hurts to call your midwife or OB if you're worried. That's what they are there for.

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
#8 of 15 Old 08-09-2011, 02:00 PM

Cygknit, you know my story.  I have been bleeding for two weeks now.  I don't think I will ever get used to it.  It is still scary every time I see it. My bleeding keeps going back and forth from barely spotting to gushing.  It just picked up again today.  I will likely see my midwife tomorrow to check things out again. 

You'll be in my thoughts while you are waiting for tomorrow!  I swear time is going by so slow for me.  It seems like twilight zone unreal.

#9 of 15 Old 08-10-2011, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you all for the stories, support and advice. I'm firmly in the camp if "call if you are worried" now. Things didn't turn out like I wanted, but I am so glad I called and am not still wondering.

#10 of 15 Old 08-11-2011, 07:19 AM

Oh no Cygknit!  That is terrible.  I am so sorry to see all these losses.  You will be missed!

#11 of 15 Old 08-11-2011, 09:57 AM

I'm sorry (((HUGS))) - but I'm definitely in the "rational doesn't matter" camp and call/go in if you think something is not right.

Stacie (34)
DH (34) ~ DDs (14, 11, 10) ~ DS (6) ~ (11/06) ~ DD (3) ~ DS (1) ~ Surpise BFP 7/2011 pos.gif

Yes, I have a blog for moms too orngbiggrin.gif

#12 of 15 Old 08-12-2011, 07:11 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you so much. I hope yesterday's losses were the last for the board. You guys are in my thoughts

#13 of 15 Old 08-12-2011, 10:50 AM

I am so sorry cygknit and agree you will be missed. :(

I absolutely agree with "call if you are worried"!!!  They are used to getting these calls at the doctor/midwife and you're going to be happier you called than you will be feeling anxious not having called...

Birthed a beautiful baby boy, Ethan, 11/11/09.
#14 of 15 Old 08-12-2011, 02:46 PM

I'm so sorry ladies. It hurts so bad when you get past those first few weeks and start feelign a bit more confident and then miscarry. I'm so sorry for your losses.

Mom to angel baby, grew wings at 5 weeks in May '07, William, born Dec '08, and another angel who grew wings at 8w4d (lost at 11w) in Oct '10. Rachel born Feb 2012, Another angel Lost Sept '13. New bean due Nov '14!
#15 of 15 Old 08-12-2011, 04:33 PM

I'm glad you called & didn't have to wonder. I'm so sorry for your loss. Hugs to you.

mama to ds 6, dd 4, & ds 2

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page