Great News and Changing Due Dates - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-09-2011, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So, I thought I had the worry under control, but I've been super grumpy while shopping and packing for our trip. Today I went in for my checkup and it was awesome. I came out feeling much better and sooooo calm, so I think that a lot of my grumpiness was just anxiety over the baby, since we hadn't actually SEEN it.

Today we saw the little one wave at us, then flip over and give us back. The doctor finally got the baby to turn again and we saw the little face, mouth opening and closing. We are officially 11 weeks, squee! Oh, and the doc changed the due date (I didn't know my last period date) to February 29th.headscratch.gif Weird, because I set up this birth thing on Facebook, put in March 7th as the date and it came up with exactly 11 weeks today, so that's a bit odd. Anyway. I'm keeping it as March 7, because my kids are always late and this way I won't feel like it's TOO late. 

Anyway. Now I feel like this is all real. I guess I was thinking I'd go in and the doctor would say that I was sadly mistaken and there was nothing there. Oh, and NOW he gave me a prescription for nausea, now that I'm pretty much done with that and have been feeling great. sigh. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 08-09-2011, 02:56 PM

That is good news! I know it's no guarantee, but seeing that little gummy bear is SUCH a relief. I'm glad you had a great visit and it made your day!

Mama to two June bugs, ages 3 and 5, and a m/c at 8wks on 8/11/11.Rainbow Girl rainbow1284.gif 7/25/12

#3 of 7 Old 08-09-2011, 03:26 PM

I'm glad you feel better now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelancemom View Post

Weird, because I set up this birth thing on Facebook, put in March 7th as the date and it came up with exactly 11 weeks today, so that's a bit odd. Anyway. I'm keeping it as March 7, because my kids are always late and this way I won't feel like it's TOO late. 

Nope... March 7 is my due date, and I'll be 10 weeks tomorrow, so I think the facebook thing must be wrong.  

Mommy to  N baby.gif, born 2/20/12.

#4 of 7 Old 08-09-2011, 06:25 PM

I am so happy for you!!!! I was wondering about you yesterday and how you were doing - so glad that all is well with you and your little munchkin!!!!

#5 of 7 Old 08-09-2011, 08:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
March 7th would leave you at 9w6d today. I wonder how that app is doing the math. uhoh3.gif Congrats on the good news!

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
#6 of 7 Old 08-10-2011, 07:37 AM - Thread Starter

I have since talked to another friend who is due mid-March and uses the same FB app and she said it was definitely wrong for her, too. Lol. Ah well. I'm just happy to be a week from DONE the first trimester. 

My sons and I are flying out of here tomorrow, so I probably won't be on as much. We'll be spending 6 weeks in Canada with my parents, first time they've met their grandchildren (the only ones!), so I'm going to be huge when I get back. I told my husband that I will probably just waddle off the plane. 

#7 of 7 Old 08-10-2011, 08:52 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

LOL!  Have fun!

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page