Uh...did I just feel something? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 08-10-2011, 12:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm 9w6d, and I was using the doppler tonight. I was laying down, and had the probe right above the pubic bone. Because I have a little pudge, I put a little pressure on the probe, and had it pointing down into my pelvis. I felt something push against the probe as if it was sort of swimming or rolling against and past the probe. I didn't feel it internally, and probably would not have noticed if I didn't get pressure against the probe. Could that possibly be a little gummy bear?

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
#2 of 14 Old 08-10-2011, 02:44 AM

Exciting but no, it's just gas or poo (which feels exactly like that). At 10 weeks, baby can barely move and certainly can't push out against something. At the VERY most, you might feel a little tapping inside. I first felt my last baby at 12 weeks which, I was assured by several doctors, was absolutely impossible. eyesroll.gif But it definitely wasn't a little push or roll. Not at all. It was a barely-there flutter like a light tap inside the uterus. Almost like a butterfly fluttering. After I did a lot of research back then, I couldn't find anyone that had felt anything earlier than 12 weeks.

Are you positive your dates are right? You couldn't be off by a month?

I know how you feel! It's really exciting when you feel those first little movements!

Do you remember how far along you were when you felt your first move?

(BTW: LOVE that you call it a "gummy bear!" Ahaha! That's so cute! I say "pollywog.") love.gif

Mama to a bright 5 y/o girl dust.gif and a beautiful boy born 03/10/12 fly-by-nursing1.gif Loving unschooling, 2xuc.jpgfamilybed2.gif ecbaby2.gifand natural living in Hawaii.rainbow1284.gif
#3 of 14 Old 08-10-2011, 03:57 AM

I just took out my calendar from dd2 to answer your post :)

I'm here to tell you, yes, it is possible. I felt movement from the inside at 9w2d (I was crouched down and must have invaded her space too much, lol). Then didn't feel anything regular until about a week later (in the exact same spot). I felt movement from the outside (from the exact same spot) at 11w6d. I also think it was how the baby was positioned because I picked up the hb on the fetoscope at 16w exactly which is supposed to be super early. And I have a little bit of fluff :)

Tina - mama to DD1 10yrs, DD2 5.5 yrs and DD3 22 mo and wifey to DH.
#4 of 14 Old 08-10-2011, 04:38 AM

The earliest I have felt that soft, light little tap (how first movement feels for me) was 12w. I'm looking forward to it!

Mama to 4 amazing little people, another little expected 3/6/12!
Avid Unassisted Birth supporter/Mama

#5 of 14 Old 08-10-2011, 10:47 AM - Thread Starter

With DD it was my first pregnancy, and I felt her at 14 weeks. She felt like a bouncy ball inside of me at first. I'm positive on dates, though. I was charting and I've had two early ultrasounds. The baby was measuring about 5 days big when I went in at 8 weeks, but date is still the same. Doctor figured March 11, I figured March 9.

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
#6 of 14 Old 08-10-2011, 09:58 PM

Maybe you just have a little olympic athlete in there, then! thumb.gif

Mama to a bright 5 y/o girl dust.gif and a beautiful boy born 03/10/12 fly-by-nursing1.gif Loving unschooling, 2xuc.jpgfamilybed2.gif ecbaby2.gifand natural living in Hawaii.rainbow1284.gif
#7 of 14 Old 08-10-2011, 10:16 PM - Thread Starter

It was so strange...Totally felt like a kick or a moving baby, but the little bear isn't very big. It was a little low in into the pelvis to be poop I think. Oh well. smile.gif
Frenchie2 likes this.

#8 of 14 Old 08-11-2011, 08:24 AM

Well, I'm never one to tell another mama what she is or isn't feeling, or what is or isn't possible. You know your body better than anybody. I felt DS for the first time just shy of 10 weeks.

Erin~ Mommy to 3 curly-headed children and expecting #4 in December. ***4***8***12**16***20***24***28***32***36***40**
#9 of 14 Old 08-11-2011, 09:47 AM

Who knows! I was just sitting on a hard chair with my knees at my chest and definitely felt the "butterfly" sensation for the first time. I'm 10w3d, so it's very likely that it was something else but I think a lot of us are more in touch with the normal sensations of our bodies than the average bear, so anything is possible!

Baking a cupcake at 98.6°. This little lady is due early March 2012.

***4***8***12***16****20***24***28***32*ecbaby.gif*36***40**

#10 of 14 Old 08-11-2011, 12:38 PM - Thread Starter

Speaking of being in touch with the body...I remember talking to my chiropractor months before I got pregnant with DD. I had seen him off and on since I was six or so for sports injuries and what not. (I see his daughter now.) We were talking about women that have no clue they are pregnant. He told me there was no way I wouldn't know - I was too in touch with my body. Go figure, all three times I have known something was up well before I tested positive.

I don't know if that was the baby or not. I'll just chalk it up as an oddity that may or may not have been the baby. I think I did feel something last night, though. It was more like a tap that I felt while using the doppler. I'm 10 weeks today, and from what I've read, the earliest that it has been felt is generally 9-10 weeks for mama's that have had a child before. Last time I didn't notice flutters at all. We were sitting down at a Tahoe Joe's for dinner, and out of nowhere it felt like I had a bouncy ball in my pelvis. I was 14 weeks and some change.

#11 of 14 Old 08-11-2011, 02:26 PM

Well. I felt it with my first pregnancy at 14 weeks with an anterior placenta. So I'm not going to say no. lol. And they DO move very well already at this point, like, even indevidual fingers can move. I HEARD kicks on my doppler at 10 weeks with DS. (did you hear a thump?) But I don't know if they're strong enough yet for us to feel it. I guess it depends on the baby! I'll admit I'm already feeling for it.  Any day now! Fingers crossed!

Mom to angel baby, grew wings at 5 weeks in May '07, William, born Dec '08, and another angel who grew wings at 8w4d (lost at 11w) in Oct '10. Rachel born Feb 2012, Another angel Lost Sept '13. New bean due Nov '14!
#12 of 14 Old 08-11-2011, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter

I heard something move past...it was similar to when the baby is bigger and rolling around. With DD I had an anterior placenta, as well. I felt everything, so I am not sure if anterior placentas really do cut down on feeling the kicks. I'm hoping the placenta is not anterior this time. We planned on a 3d ultrasound last time, but the placenta was in the way.

#13 of 14 Old 08-11-2011, 03:08 PM

We planned one last time too and cancelled for the same reason. That and I didn't book it til 33 weeks. Would have def been hard to see.

Mom to angel baby, grew wings at 5 weeks in May '07, William, born Dec '08, and another angel who grew wings at 8w4d (lost at 11w) in Oct '10. Rachel born Feb 2012, Another angel Lost Sept '13. New bean due Nov '14!
#14 of 14 Old 08-12-2011, 11:22 AM

LOL. I can't believe I'm answering with this anecdote, but one day while giving my son (2) a belly massage (He asks me for the "I Love You" massage when his belly hurts), I felt what I honestly thought was a tumor. It was a tiny hard spot, right in his pelvis, way low on his abdomen. I am a hypochondriac to begin with, so I FREAKED. My mom is a phd scientist and she told me to calm down and forget about it. I kept massaging his belly, and ten minutes later, he pooped out the exact same size and shape of poop that I was feeling in his lower belly. So, although I hope that you felt your gummy bear saying hi, it very well could be poop in the lower intestine. redface.gif

buddamomimg1.pngWriter/Designer/Hip Hippie Russian Mama to Torngtongue.gif (3yo) and Kboc.gif(4mo)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page