I lost my u/s pic - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-10-2011, 10:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I had my 1st appt with ob and he always does a scan to date the pg and check viability.

By LMP I was 8w6d though I'm pretty sure I didn't O until CD18 at the earliest so I did expect to measure a little behind.  He said it was a hard to get a measurement yesterday but tried and came out with 7w6d.  That worried me a little.

Then I didn't see a hb and he didn't say anything about one. 

He said to come back in 2-3 weeks and we'll try to date the pg then. 

I didn't really look at the pic yesterday because I was worried.  I didn't get the confirmation/answers I was looking for yesterday.  This morning I go to look for my pic in the pocket of my bag that I put it in and it's not there.  greensad.gif

So doesn't feel like a good sign. 

I got home late from DD's softball practice yesterday.  It was almost 10:00pm.  I hadn't seen DH all day and didn't even tell him how the appt went or what I was thinking about and now I don't even have a pic to show him.  irked.gif

Stacie (34)
DH (34) ~ DDs (14, 11, 10) ~ DS (6) ~ (11/06) ~ DD (3) ~ DS (1) ~ Surpise BFP 7/2011 pos.gif

Yes, I have a blog for moms too orngbiggrin.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 08-10-2011, 10:51 AM

Stacie, I'm sorry for what you are going through.  I would be calling the doc back and asking for some answers.  I can't imagine that he wouldn't tell you if there wasn't a heart rate.  It's weird that he didn't mention it at all.  Obviously that is the most telling sign and if you know for a fact you were over 6 w then they should see one.  The measuring doesn't seem too off if you O'd late.

So don't hesitate to call and find out about the heart if it will make you feel better.  That's what they are there for.  And, FYI, at my 8 week u/s the heart was hard to see. The tech saw it instantly and said so, but I was like "really" It seemed like it wasn't a very upclose shot.   But she turned it to the audio so it could be heard and timed.

Keep us updated and I hope you get answers soon!

#3 of 3 Old 08-10-2011, 02:06 PM

This sounds a lot like what I went through with my first...  and I don't want to give you false hope, but here it goes.  

My first us with DD was supposedly at 7 weeks, but we too had no heartbeat.  They didn't give me a pic, and sent me for repeat blood draws and another us 2 weeks later.  No one talked to me about it, but it was possible that at 7 weeks with no heartbeat that I was going to miscarry any day. But, alas, at my second us they found the heartbeat and I was just barely 7 weeks along.  So, that that first us was really much closer to 4 or 5 weeks...

The ob didn't say anything, probably so I wouldn't freak out.  But, with the internet and google, we just came to our own conclusions.  My attitude was that if I wasn't miscarrying, then there was nothing to freak out about.  It is just a waiting game.  There's not a problem until there's a problem.  

This is now my second, and I waited a good extra month to go in...  and I was only 7 weeks.  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page