Had to leave work today due to ms, feeling guilty - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 08-10-2011, 08:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just need to share  :-(  feeling miserable and I had to give in to my ms today.  I keep telling myself "only 3 more weeks".  I hope this is true :-)  

Felt mostly alright this morning, but then spent the day up until lunchtime sitting at my desk feeling really sick.  Went to the bathroom, gagged till my eyes watered and then decided enough was enough.

I feel like such a weak thing for giving in and going home but all I was going to do for the rest of the day was sit there and feel crook and hope I made it to the bathroom on time at work :-(

I've been alright till now, with constant nausea that hasn't been too bad, but then today I just got slammed.  I'm 9 weeks on Friday.

Thanks ladies....Liz

30 years old,  part time wheelchair.gif,  Living in Australia with my DH and belly.gif with IVF bubba #1 after a long long time of ttc.  Very grateful we've made it this far.  Due March 2012

I enjoy these activities:  sewmachine.gif     crochetsmilie.gif       geek.gif        greenthumb.gif

Planning on  bfinfant.gif      femalesling.GIF    cd.gif   

#2 of 6 Old 08-11-2011, 07:19 AM

Don't feel bad. I did the same thing on Tuesday, then stayed home all day Wednesday, too. I kept feeling so guilty and weak, just like you're describing. But then last night my nausea lifted for a while and I realized just how TERRIBLE I'd been feeling. I felt SO GOOD last night, it made me really realize just how badly I'd been suffering before. So I don't feel at all guilty any more. My ms was just awful, so I needed some down time; nothing to be ashamed of.

Unfortunately, it's back this morning, although not as bad as it was. But at least I no longer feel guilty about it!

(((hugs))) hope you feel better soon...

treehugger.gif geek.gif Mama to Lauren Philippa Elethea (3) energy.gifand expecting a little Jay bird March 2012! 3rdtri.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28*babygirl.gif*32***36***40**

#3 of 6 Old 08-11-2011, 11:44 AM

I know, it's soooo hard to get any work done.  I am constantly really nauseous and dizzy, often with a headache, and I'm finding it almost impossible to concentrate on testing software!  :(  I am almost 11 weeks...really hoping that it lets up soon.

#4 of 6 Old 08-11-2011, 12:29 PM

I felt bad for having to take time off during my first trimester, too. I worked for a small business, and my absence put a lot of extra work on my coworkers. I was afraid to take the two weeks off that the midwife wanted me to, and instead did half days. Rest really can help when you're vomiting and exhausted, though. Try to think of it as time to recharge so that you can go back and be closer to 100%.

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
#5 of 6 Old 08-11-2011, 08:15 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone.  Makes me feel better that I'm not the only one.  It's hard because when I am sick at work, all I do is stare at the screen.

I'm feeling a little better today.  It seems that my pattern is a really bad day and then a couple of good ones following, then back to bad again.

I'm trying to think of the future too in that feeling really crummy and exhausted probably means that I need to rest rather than soldiering on.  I'm finding it hard to tell the difference between ms and the flu coming on.  Is there a way to tell?

30 years old,  part time wheelchair.gif,  Living in Australia with my DH and belly.gif with IVF bubba #1 after a long long time of ttc.  Very grateful we've made it this far.  Due March 2012

I enjoy these activities:  sewmachine.gif     crochetsmilie.gif       geek.gif        greenthumb.gif

Planning on  bfinfant.gif      femalesling.GIF    cd.gif   

#6 of 6 Old 08-11-2011, 08:43 PM

You should have other symptoms if it is the flu or stomach flu, but it is difficult at first. I think I'm coming down with the stomach flu that DD and my mom brought home. With both the flu and stomach flu, you should get a fever, might vomit, have aches and pains, chills, etc. I think a temperature spike might be the easiest thing to catch if you're sick from ms.

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page