Anyone else not gaining weight? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-20-2011, 09:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm 14 weeks and I've gained like, 4-5 pounds. I think once I progress more, I'll eat more.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2011, 01:56 PM

17 wks 1 day and the midwife's scale showed I was 4 lbs total gained so far.  Trending with my other babies... I'll pack on the weight at the end.

Janel, crochetsmilie.gif DIY/crafting addicted wife to DH treehugger.gif for 8 yrs, loving mama to DD1 notes.gif - 6 yrs, DD2energy.gif- 3 yrs, and baby 3 stork-suprise.gif due Feb/Mar 2012, planning our first waterbirth.jpg  homebirth.jpg

Old 09-20-2011, 02:59 PM

I'm 16 weeks and I haven't gained any weight yet. But that's normal for me and I know I'll gain a few pounds by the time I'm 20 weeks. All of my pregnancy weight comes in the second half of my pregnancy.

Maegen, adventurous wife to DH, loving mom to my beautiful DD's and expecting another babe in March 2012!

Old 09-21-2011, 11:46 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I'm 15 weeks today, and I hadn't been weighing myself since the day we got our bfp because I didn't want to be stressing out about it. As of yesterday I've lost 5 lbs. I don't know if I lost more than that during the 1st trimester, and I'm starting to gain back, or if 5 lb is the entirety of my loss, but I'm a little bit nervous about it. I'm just now starting to be able to eat more than a few bites per meal, and I still have a lot of food aversions. I'm going to see my midwife next week, so I guess she'll say something if I've lost too much. Since this is my first pregnancy I really have no idea what is "normal" for me, or what to expect.

Old 09-21-2011, 09:53 PM

I have held steady so far. I am overweight, so I wish I could have started out loosing ike I did with my last. I can hardly eat (had no morning sickness first trimester and then the second I entered second trimester it hit me) But I pack on weight when breastfeeding anyways. With my last I lost 20, gained 30, then gained the entire time I was nursing. 

jeneca mommy to kamille, 6 lexi, 4
#3 due 2/28/12

Old 09-22-2011, 09:43 AM

I'm 16w and lost some early on (blehhhh m/s) but I'm still below pre-pg weight now. I have tended to trend up second trimester sorta fast, so maybe again?
I am hungry all the stinking time this week so I have a feeling it's coming. But in the end I try hard not to let low or high bother me... healthy food should be what matters anyways. I rarely step on my scale, I don't like feeling bad about things I can't control. And if ever there was a good time to feel good about good eating, now's it.

Is there a benefit to smooth weight gain vs the way my body does it? Or does it seem to matter too much in the end?

Mama to 4 amazing little people, another little expected 3/6/12!
Avid Unassisted Birth supporter/Mama

User Tag List