Holy Crap, am I starting to SHOW? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-18-2011, 05:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Who else is starting to show?

I am just past 10 weeks and DANG, when I wear a dress, I look like I'm about 16-18 weeks.  This is baby #2, so I knew to expect this, but I just didn't believe it would happen so soon.

And the annoying thing is it's not uterus, it's just that the uterus is pushing FLAB up and out.  Lovely!

I tend to like to wear my clothes kind of loose, so I'm just fitting perfectly into everything right now.  Am I really going to have to wear maternity clothes in a couple/few weeks?

Who else?  I know there's probably someone already in maternity clothes.  Has anyone you haven't told eyed you suspiciously or asked you outright if you're pregnant?  I'm starting to get paranoid people are noticing and I don't want to make an announcement for at least another couple weeks!

Birthed a beautiful baby boy, Ethan, 11/11/09.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2011, 06:23 AM

I am 9 weeks and showing big time. Also second pregnancy. With DS, I was wearing my regular, low rise jeans until nearly 6 months. I worry that I'll be in maternity clothes way too early.

Mom to two boys and expecting a babygirl.gif in May, 2014!
Old 08-18-2011, 07:50 AM

I definitely have a belly, though while I think it's huge other people who don't know I am pregnant haven't been suspicious.

I am 10 weeks today. I could totally rock maternity clothes right now. In my regular clothing (skirts and loose fitting tops) I just look like I've been hitting the cupcakes pretty hard.

DS: 18 DD: 15 DD: 8  angel1.gif 11/10  angel1.gif 4/11
  adoptionheart-1.gifDD: 3  angel1.gif 8/11

Old 08-18-2011, 10:43 AM

me too.  for people who don't know, they probably think I've been eating too many doughnuts.  This is #3 and I didn't strat showing until 14-16 weeks with both my first so this is a bit weird for me.  my clothes are all too tight except for my stretchy pants.  Gotta love yoga pants!!!

Old 08-18-2011, 11:35 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I think I started showing the moment the egg implanted. wink1.gif From straight on, I don't look big. From the side, though...I look easily 4-5 months pregnant. I figured it would happen early this time, but I didn't think I'd have to ditch my regular pants for maternity pants at 6 weeks!

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
Old 08-18-2011, 12:17 PM

This is me. This is baby #2 and I think I will be in maternity pants by the end of this month. Dang!

Lauren

bellycast.gif 

Old 08-18-2011, 12:51 PM

I'm here too - now at 10 weeks, and have already gotten prego comments.  This is #2 for me as well, and with my first I wasn't in maternity until 4-5 months.  I think I'll get through the next month, and am actually looking forward to maternity shopping again!  

Old 08-18-2011, 01:01 PM

Yes, me too. I started wearing maternity at the exact same time last time. But I LOVE wearing my maternity...esp since I need to wear my favorite summer clothes now while it's hot.

Tina - mama to DD1 10.75yrs, DD2 6yrs, DD3 2.5 yrs & baby due in June 2015 and wifey to DH.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:30 PM

Like a previous poster, I too look like i've had too many doughnuts. No one has asked yet, but I am feeling that they will soon. This is my 3rd.

Mother of two boys and a stork-boy.gif on the way!

Old 08-18-2011, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter

DSCN5071.JPG

I had DH take a photo tonight.  Sheesh!  It's kind of embarrassing the way the bottom of the shirt doesn't lie flat against my body anymore; I kept pulling it down all day long.  I think a lot of this is bloat/intestines being pushed up, but SHEESH.  I think I have a couple more weeks in regular pants, at least the larger ones, and then I'm going to have to break out the maternity.  I HATE my maternity pants from last time, though.  SIGH.

Old 08-18-2011, 06:45 PM

This is how I feel too cameragirl!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameragirl View Post

I think I started showing the moment the egg implanted. wink1.gif From straight on, I don't look big. From the side, though...I look easily 4-5 months pregnant. I figured it would happen early this time, but I didn't think I'd have to ditch my regular pants for maternity pants at 6 weeks!

I took out my maternity clothes and have been mixing them in with some of my more stretchable clothes.  Although even my stretchiest capris were a little snug and up my booty today when I put them on. 

Old 08-18-2011, 06:57 PM

I have been living in either my yoga pants or one pair of maternity shorts and I have a decent amount of billowy tops so I have been wearing those. Yesterday I broke down as DH wanted to take me to dinner and wearing a nice maternity top and I felt like it looked the best on me as it layed nicer. I am 10 weeks today. I am thinking I only have a few more weeks left till I will need to be maternity clothes full time.

Old 08-18-2011, 10:09 PM

I am 12 weeks with baby #3 and could definitely be wearing maternity clothes right now (with my first I know I didn't need maternity until about 20 weeks).  I'm sticking in my stretchy pants and skirts and baggy tops for now though because we haven't told anyone.  I did have one friend come right out and ask me several weeks ago, but she swears that it wasn't because of my belly.

Old 08-19-2011, 04:24 AM

I'm only about 9 weeks and for the last couple of weeks, I've looked about 16 weeks pregnant. It's crazy! I keep telling myself it's just gas. Constant, never-ending "gas" that results in no toots at all? Right. But I tell myself that anyway. My dates are perfectly on. I'm praying there's not two in there. I'd never be able to handle two with a toddler all by myself.

I'm showing so much that everyone notices. I can't hide it anymore, even though I wasn't planning on telling until about 16 weeks. (I have had a lot of losses.) I'm really tiny and always wear form-fitting clothes, so you can tell and if I wear something baggy, people still notice because I NEVER wear baggy clothes.

Mama to a bright 5 y/o girl dust.gif and a beautiful boy born 03/10/12 fly-by-nursing1.gif Loving unschooling, 2xuc.jpgfamilybed2.gif ecbaby2.gifand natural living in Hawaii.rainbow1284.gif
Old 08-19-2011, 10:46 AM

I've just decided that I might as well flaunt it instead of trying to hide it. If I hide it, I look fat. Flaunt it and I like twice the 11 weeks that I actually am. I'd rather look pregnant. wink1.gif

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
Old 08-19-2011, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameragirl View Post

I've just decided that I might as well flaunt it instead of trying to hide it. If I hide it, I look fat. Flaunt it and I like twice the 11 weeks that I actually am. I'd rather look pregnant. wink1.gif

I agree, except I'm embarrassed to admit how far along I am.

Erin~ Mommy to 3 curly-headed children and expecting #4 in December. ***4***8***12**16***20***24***28***32***36***40**
Old 08-20-2011, 12:34 PM

The neighbor across the street got pregnant back when I initially did in April. I lost the baby but hers stuck. I'm used to seeing her in loose scrubs after work, but today she was in snug workout clothes. Holy cow! She's two months ahead of me, and it looks like she has half a football under her shirt. I look like I have a partially deflated beach ball in my tank top. I have to go bra shopping today, too. Now only two of my bras are wearable, and I can't even sleep in them if I want. They get too tight if I lay down. DH wanted me to look at bras at Ross yesterday, but I'm just going to get the cheap sports bras at Walmart with thin straps. Three for $10 isn't bad when I know I'll need new ones in a couple months anyways.

Old 08-20-2011, 12:42 PM - Thread Starter

On the general topic of growing bodies...where do you like to get your maternity clothes?  I looked at a bunch of websites yesterday and everything seemed too expensive or UGLY!!  I bought most of my clothes at Burlington last time, and most of them are summery because that's when I was bigger last time for my November baby.  Now I'm going to need some winter clothes.  Go back to Burlington? 

I think Motherhood generally has decent quality stuff, but they are expensive when you consider how little time you're going to wear the clothes.

Craigslist just yielded a bunch of ugly clothes that aren't the right size.  The stuff I find at resale or garage sales is always pilled or faded or stretched or worn out.  Bleh.

I need some work pants (I have maybe one pair of long pants from last time?), a winter coat, and maybe some long sleeved shirts or cardigans.  As far as casual stuff goes, I have lots of stretchy yoga pants and too-big t-shirts that should work for the three days I'm not at work.  BLAH, maternity clothes!!!

Old 08-20-2011, 01:07 PM

Most of mine are from Old Navy (online), Ross, or the Motherhood Outlet. We also have a great secondhand kids store that has more of a maternity selection than most big box stores do. You can't beat two pairs of pants for less than $10. I have issues finding pants, too. I've got big hips and I'm plus sized, so finding pants can be tough unless they are cut from a plus-sized fit model. I usually stick with yoga or jersey capri pants and get cute shirts to dress it up.

Old 08-20-2011, 04:29 PM

Oh for absolutely sure I'm showing. Baby #5, it's embarrassing how much actually. I am kind of embarrassed.
But I guess it's how it goes!

Ordered some maternity clothes this week, wearing L kinda-transition tops with low-waisted pants. First baby I started maternity clothes at 21 weeks... I'll be 12 weeks Tuesday. Craziness.

Mama to 4 amazing little people, another little expected 3/6/12!
Avid Unassisted Birth supporter/Mama

Old 08-21-2011, 12:25 PM

Our Target has a maternity line of really cute stuff. I don't know how it is where others are, though.  I live in Hawaii so maybe we get different stuff. Ross also has some cute things. I never buy maternity clothes, though. I can't afford to buy things. I've just been wearing those fitted shirts and tanks that were in style a couple of years ago that are really long. They stretch right over a preggo belly. I have a couple of dresses that have an empire waistline that work and shorts that have a stretchy waistline. For jeans, a friend gave me a pair that are super stretchy and four sizes bigger than I normally wear, so they look like regular jeans on me, but the waistline fits my belly. I didn't have to go with maternity jeans. thumb.gif

Mama to a bright 5 y/o girl dust.gif and a beautiful boy born 03/10/12 fly-by-nursing1.gif Loving unschooling, 2xuc.jpgfamilybed2.gif ecbaby2.gifand natural living in Hawaii.rainbow1284.gif
Old 08-21-2011, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I did go to Target today after trying on several pairs of pants that barely button and knowing I have a week or so left to wear them.  I got this pretty summer dress that was on clearance that is really long and I can cover with cardigans in the winter (the length is great; completely covers my legs so they will be somewhat protected in the winter), but I look like I'm 4-5 months along in it NOW.  My hubby laughed when he saw it.  So I have to wait to wear that until after we make our big announcement.  LOL

Thanks for the ideas! 

Old 08-22-2011, 02:11 AM

Up until last night, I thought I was in the "I think I'm showing but probably no one else can tell" tribe.  Until my MIL called.  We were at their place a week ago for the afternoon, and she stopped in a couple of days ago for a few minutes.  After my dh got of the phone with her last night, he was laughing and saying that his mom was very, very perceptive.  She told him, "I'm going to ask you something, but if the answer is no, you have to keep it to yourself."  Then she asked if we were expecting.  lol.gif  Dh told her we're not telling anyone yet, and she said not to tell her anything more, so I'm not sure if she knows how embarrassingly not far along I am (9 weeks tomorrow).  But she has 7 kids, so she probably understands. 

I thought I was doing a good job of sucking it in when I was out with family, but I guess I'm not as sneaky as I thought.  I wonder if my parents are wondering the same thing.

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

Old 08-22-2011, 10:51 AM

I'm glad to have the excuse that we bake big babies, no diabetes necessary. thumb.gif

Old 08-22-2011, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellist View Post

On the general topic of growing bodies...where do you like to get your maternity clothes?  

There's a huge baby/child/mama consignment sale twice a year in my area and it was nice because it was craigslist prices but lots of selection.  So I was able to skip over the faded, ugly stuff and went home with 4 shirts for $2 or $3 each.  This kind of thing is probably not available everywhere but might be in a larger metro area.  

Mom to DD born March 2010, and someone new March 2012

Old 08-22-2011, 07:45 PM

Great idea lizsky, people should look in their areas! I went to our huge local one yesterday, but sadly in the small maternity clothes there were exactly 5 ugly items. I resisted temptation with most of the awesome baby stuff that was there for cheap, but I did pick up a My Brest Friend pillow for cheap. I managed somehow to NOT buy the $10 doppler, I figure it would stress me out more than anything if I struggled to find a heartbeat. Though when my midwife had to cancel our 12 week appt today (due to another mama giving birth, wahoo!), I immediately wished I could try to find that little heartbeat on my own. Can't have it both ways, I guess. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizsky View Post

There's a huge baby/child/mama consignment sale twice a year in my area and it was nice because it was craigslist prices but lots of selection.  So I was able to skip over the faded, ugly stuff and went home with 4 shirts for $2 or $3 each.  This kind of thing is probably not available everywhere but might be in a larger metro area.  

Baking a cupcake at 98.6°. This little lady is due early March 2012.

***4***8***12***16****20***24***28***32*ecbaby.gif*36***40**

Old 08-22-2011, 08:02 PM

There is supposed to be a big consignment sale coming up in the Fall here. My chiropractor has a little one and is going to let me know when it is. Maybe I can find some cute clothes there.

Old 08-23-2011, 06:01 AM

lucky all of you living in America, with all that variety and low prices... here in Greece low prices and nice things apply only for small sizes..all other sizes are doomed smile.gif

As for me, I lost 20 Kg (about 44 lb) just before I got the BFP, and I already had bought nice clothes, that fitted me so good. So I am determined not to gain a pound this time biggrinbounce.gif Ι will continue play tennis (just more loosely now) and hope that with good nutrition I will not show until much much later... I'm still a plus size, maybe that can help too.

34 yr old mommy to Marina (4 Dec 07), excited for #2 in late March!
Old 09-03-2011, 01:22 PM

I keep getting "You look pregnant today." or "Yep, today you look pregnant." from my mom. Aw, gee, thanks. I don't really like this phase where it looks like I've spent a few months pounding beers instead of growing a baby. I'd rather not leave it up to strangers to decide which is the truth. wink1.gif

Old 09-09-2011, 02:36 PM

I've been showing for a while. I agree though about it mostly being uterus pushing flab up and out of the way. So gross and embarrassing, but at the same time I'm embracing it! hha

User Tag List