Countdown to 12 weeks! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 39 Old 08-24-2011, 05:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm 9w1d today, so about three more weeks for me.  Sigh.  At my next appointment, I'll be one day shy of 12 weeks; I'm hoping she'll be able to pick up the heartbeat with the doppler by then.  I've had two uneventful pregnancies since my last losses, and there is no reason to believe that this one will be any different, but my symptoms have been easing off and it's worrying me.  I've been poking around my tummy every day and I can't for sure feel anything that I can say for sure is my fundus.  But I'm still super hungry and super sleepy.

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

#32 of 39 Old 08-24-2011, 10:58 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

strange question seeing as in how i have 2 little ladies...when does the second trimester start?

mom to the awesomest 9 year old little lady. mom to the awesomest mushy baby born oct.16 2009 by successful VBAC. wife to the awesomest dude ever. life is good. at it again and due march 3, 2012!

#33 of 39 Old 08-24-2011, 11:22 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

http://www.baby2see.com/pregnancylength.html  has it all charted out.  They say that your second trimester begins at the end of week 13/start of week 14.

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

#34 of 39 Old 08-24-2011, 11:45 AM

thank you for that! it says i am in the second trimester already...im at 12 weeks 4 days.

mom to the awesomest 9 year old little lady. mom to the awesomest mushy baby born oct.16 2009 by successful VBAC. wife to the awesomest dude ever. life is good. at it again and due march 3, 2012!

#35 of 39 Old 08-24-2011, 12:39 PM - Thread Starter

I really wish doctors would actually measure pregnancy based on the number of weeks you actually are.

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
#36 of 39 Old 08-25-2011, 06:39 AM

12 weeks today joy.gif

Come on little bean, let's move past all this puking and have some fun!  Deal???

“He allowed himself to be swayed by his conviction that human beings are not born once and for all on the day their mothers give birth to them, but that life obliges them over and over again to give birth to themselves.” 

- Gabriel García Márquez

#37 of 39 Old 08-25-2011, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameragirl View Post

I really wish doctors would actually measure pregnancy based on the number of weeks you actually are.

Agreed! 

I have a week and 2 days til 12 weeks.  The day before that I have my first appt., and hopefully will hear that everything is okay in there. 

#38 of 39 Old 08-25-2011, 10:03 AM - Thread Starter

Twelve weeks today according to my estimate! Sunday is 12 weeks according to the doc's EDD, though. I have to reschedule my appointment that was today because DH scheduled an interview at the same time and refused to try to reschedule for an earlier time. Oh well. The OB is supposed to call back today with an appointment time.

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
#39 of 39 Old 08-26-2011, 05:39 PM - Thread Starter

The OB had an opening today, so we didn't have to wait long. DH wanted to come, so he arranged for my dad to watch DD while we went. They were backed up, but they almost never are backed up like today. She just wanted to hear the heartbeat today, and I asked for her to go over the perinatology report and print a copy for me. That was it....and it took an hour with the waiting. Ahh...maternity care.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page