Countdown to 12 weeks! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 39 Old 08-18-2011, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Only one week left! How much longer for the rest of you ladies?

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
#2 of 39 Old 08-18-2011, 01:32 PM

12 wks 3 days... phew!!!  I think I was first in line though... it's a relief for sure, although I know there's nothing magical about going from 11 wks 6 days to 12 wks 0 days.  orngbiggrin.gif  It's still nice having the first trimester done, especially since we skipped the u/s for the first time and I'm used to having a heartbeat by now! 

Janel, crochetsmilie.gif DIY/crafting addicted wife to DH treehugger.gif for 8 yrs, loving mama to DD1 notes.gif - 6 yrs, DD2energy.gif- 3 yrs, and baby 3 stork-suprise.gif due Feb/Mar 2012, planning our first waterbirth.jpg  homebirth.jpg

#3 of 39 Old 08-18-2011, 02:47 PM

I'm 11 weeks today!!! Almost there :)

“He allowed himself to be swayed by his conviction that human beings are not born once and for all on the day their mothers give birth to them, but that life obliges them over and over again to give birth to themselves.” 

- Gabriel García Márquez

#4 of 39 Old 08-18-2011, 03:19 PM

Cherish every single day pregnant with your little love. It seems like it takes forever to get your sweet babe but them when you finally get your little miracle you never get the pleasure of being pregnant with that particular child again.

I would give anything to go back just for a day (even the worst day) and be pregnant with each of mine.

Elise

Mama to

Persephone 10

Harmony 8

Hunter 6

Vaughn 5

Archer 2

:)

#5 of 39 Old 08-18-2011, 03:30 PM - Thread Starter

For many of us, it isn't a rush to be done with it. Many of us have had losses, and this marks a point where statistically, things are less dicey. I know that is the case with me, at least.
Kyamo and farm2010 like this.

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
#6 of 39 Old 08-18-2011, 03:34 PM

2 more days! just feels good :)

mom to the awesomest 9 year old little lady. mom to the awesomest mushy baby born oct.16 2009 by successful VBAC. wife to the awesomest dude ever. life is good. at it again and due march 3, 2012!

#7 of 39 Old 08-18-2011, 03:49 PM

3 weeks 1 day left til 12 weeks here :)

Tina - mama to DD1 10yrs, DD2 5.5 yrs and DD3 22 mo and wifey to DH.
#8 of 39 Old 08-18-2011, 03:51 PM

Well put.  And even for those who haven't experienced losses, the possibility is still there and it's so nice to know that more than likely, the baby is staying put for another 6 months!  Personally, I'm in no rush give birth... that will come last trimester I'm sure, lol!  I'm just relieved to be past the high danger zone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameragirl View Post

For many of us, it isn't a rush to be done with it. Many of us have had losses, and this marks a point where statistically, things are less dicey. I know that is the case with me, at least.

Janel, crochetsmilie.gif DIY/crafting addicted wife to DH treehugger.gif for 8 yrs, loving mama to DD1 notes.gif - 6 yrs, DD2energy.gif- 3 yrs, and baby 3 stork-suprise.gif due Feb/Mar 2012, planning our first waterbirth.jpg  homebirth.jpg

#9 of 39 Old 08-18-2011, 04:07 PM

I'm past 12 weeks too, and I'm very relieved to have made it this far. I feel like I can settle in and start preparing now :)

Happily married to my soul mate, and a mommy of two girls + another baby due in June!

5****10****15****20****25****30****35**stillheart.gif*40

#10 of 39 Old 08-18-2011, 04:19 PM

I will be 12 weeks on Sunday - so 3 more days!!!  It is like a weight off your shoulders isn't it? I have not had a loss, but I still feel like I am in limbo until that sweet 12 week mark.

#11 of 39 Old 08-18-2011, 04:28 PM

5 more days! I'm looking forward to it. It hasn't been easy, but it's actually gone faster than I expected... I'm hoping to get that famed 2nd trimester energy boost soon, so I can actually get stuff done!

#12 of 39 Old 08-18-2011, 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janel47 View Post

Well put.  And even for those who haven't experienced losses, the possibility is still there and it's so nice to know that more than likely, the baby is staying put for another 6 months!  Personally, I'm in no rush give birth... that will come last trimester I'm sure, lol!  I'm just relieved to be past the high danger zone.

Yes, that!  And for me I'm also hoping that at some point very close to the 12 week mark all of this nausea and vomiting will stop!!!

“He allowed himself to be swayed by his conviction that human beings are not born once and for all on the day their mothers give birth to them, but that life obliges them over and over again to give birth to themselves.” 

- Gabriel García Márquez

#13 of 39 Old 08-18-2011, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter

Oh I so hope and pray that the queasy feeling stops! I managed with HG last time, so I know I could manage being queasy, but it makes it difficult to eat what I should be eating. I want to be able to enjoy the fresh eggs we have from our hens, the yummy veggies from the garden while they last, etc.

#14 of 39 Old 08-18-2011, 07:06 PM

one week and 1 day to go!  I, too, feel like it's a great milestone and "safety" point.  Although to be honest, i saw the little bean jumping around today during my first tri sono and looked so much like a baby that I am very satisfied now.  it was just beautiful.  

#15 of 39 Old 08-18-2011, 07:26 PM

I have 2 weeks & 1 day left to go. I also look forward to making it to that point. A little sigh of relief & hopefully the nausea will let up some.

mama to ds 6, dd 4, & ds 2
#16 of 39 Old 08-18-2011, 07:37 PM

I am 12 weeks tomorrow.  It doesn't mean much to me, though--I just started spotting & bleeding this week.  Also, my nausea is not letting up at all.  So, no relief either way (I can't be happy about being safe from loss, and I also can't be happy about feeling better physically)greensad.gif.

#17 of 39 Old 08-19-2011, 05:38 AM

About 11 days left here!  WOOOOOOT.  I found the heartbeat on doppler today, too, RIGHT away!!! So exciting. 

Birthed a beautiful baby boy, Ethan, 11/11/09.
#18 of 39 Old 08-19-2011, 09:00 AM

I am 12 weeks and 3 days. I just had the nuchal scan yesterday and saw my baby on screen moving for the first time. It was really exciting. For me I am hoping that the nausea will start subsiding soon :), so that I can start enjoying my pregnancy much better. So 12 weeks is quite significant for me too.

All the best to all you ladies out there touching week 12.

#19 of 39 Old 08-19-2011, 09:08 AM

Good Luck Ladies! 

luxlove.gif

http://novelstudies.org - My hubby's website for affordable novel-studies for kids.

joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

#20 of 39 Old 08-19-2011, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamathomas View Post

Quote:

Yes, that!  And for me I'm also hoping that at some point very close to the 12 week mark all of this nausea and vomiting will stop!!!

Same here, and hoping to get some energy back. 2 weeks and 3 days for me.

Erin~ Mommy to 3 curly-headed children and expecting #4 in December. ***4***8***12**16***20***24***28***32***36***40**
#21 of 39 Old 08-19-2011, 08:52 PM

I am at the bottom of the month! I just had my first appt today, only 8 weeks ;) Still 4 to go!

Katie - Mama to E1 (7, c/s), E2 (5, c/s), E3 (3, VBA2C), E4 (1, UC)
...expecting another princess in March/April

Questions about VBAC? PM me!

ICAN Chapter Leader

cd.gif ribboncesarean.gif vbac.gif uc.jpg hbac.gif h20homebirth.gif

#22 of 39 Old 08-20-2011, 09:29 PM

I'm 9 weeks.  The nausea has been steadily increasing.  Weeks 9-12 were the worst with my first so while I'm not wishing for this pregnancy to hurry along, I *am* eagerly awaiting the end of the nausea and indigestion. 

#23 of 39 Old 08-20-2011, 10:35 PM - Thread Starter

Crossing my fingers, but the nausea hasn't been around the past few days. I still have an aversion to certain foods, but it is getting better. I was able to eat a burger today without gagging. I've got four more days as of midnight!

#24 of 39 Old 08-20-2011, 11:28 PM

Two days left!! I'm savoring every moment of this pregnancy, but when we have our 12 week appt on monday and hear the heartbeat on the doppler I will be happy to say goodbye to my 1st trimester anxiety. We're officially "out" to all of our local friends and family, if all goes well at the appointment out goes the mass email announcement to everyone else!

Baking a cupcake at 98.6°. This little lady is due early March 2012.

***4***8***12***16****20***24***28***32*ecbaby.gif*36***40**

#25 of 39 Old 08-22-2011, 10:07 AM

3 weeks and 4 days to go and I am anxiously awaiting hearing the heartbeat and telling everyone before they start wondering about my rapidly growing belly! I can't get over how much faster I'm popping with #2 than with #1.

#26 of 39 Old 08-22-2011, 10:43 AM

I am 10 weeks today, so two more weeks. I have an appointment next Tuesday though so hopefully I'll get some reassurance from my doctor then. I know it may sound silly, but I don't feel pregnant right now. My nausea has stopped and I don't really have any other symptoms. Well, except my boobs. LORDY. I don't even want to think about how big they'll be by March.

#27 of 39 Old 08-22-2011, 05:58 PM

I was like that with my son.  I had no symptoms for the entire pregnancy and it actually worried me.  I had a blissfully uneventful pregnancy and a beautiful homebirth.  I felt downright awful for the first 2 months of this one but now feel great since about 9 weeks.  I immediately panicked and went for a sono and everything is fine.  enjoy the no symptoms!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amycorinne View Post

I am 10 weeks today, so two more weeks. I have an appointment next Tuesday though so hopefully I'll get some reassurance from my doctor then. I know it may sound silly, but I don't feel pregnant right now. My nausea has stopped and I don't really have any other symptoms. Well, except my boobs. LORDY. I don't even want to think about how big they'll be by March.

#28 of 39 Old 08-23-2011, 09:52 PM

Quote:
. Well, except my boobs. LORDY. I don't even want to think about how big they'll be by March.

lol.gif  same here! I'm scared.... owie!

Lisa- mom to 4 boys, expecting our 5th surprise in May 
#29 of 39 Old 08-23-2011, 10:04 PM

I'm 10 weeks today and my uterus practically doubled overnight!   At least that means I might look pregnant at 12 weeks, I love baby bellies.

Nausea has moved more towards the evening and during meals. yay.   Things do feel a little more real but still haven't heard the heart beat and wont until around 15 weeks.  

The next few weeks and going to be really rough, so maybe when I've made my way through them I can just settle in and enjoy the rest of pregnancy. Baby kicks and bellies and etc.  Please?   

Lisa- mom to 4 boys, expecting our 5th surprise in May 
#30 of 39 Old 08-24-2011, 04:17 AM

Today is 12 weeks for me!!! 

Quote:

Well, except my boobs. LORDY. I don't even want to think about how big they'll be by March.

Mine are tender, but they aren't growing.  I still fit in my old bras.  Should they be bigger already?

Mommy to  N baby.gif, born 2/20/12.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page