Giving breast milk to older kids? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-18-2011, 05:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Have any of you given expressed breast milk to older kids before? With DD, I had plenty of extra milk while I was nursing full time and off work. I won't be working this time at all, so I should have extra. I was thinking about giving some to DD to try. She has a sensitive tummy and it took a lot of patience and probiotics to get rid of most of the diarrhea. I figure that it couldn't hurt, you know?

If you have before, did the older kids like the taste?

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2011, 06:35 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Sounds like a good idea to me. Perhaps i'll give some to my (currently) 26 mo old when the baby comes. My milk has pretty much dried up due to this pregnancy. We had a wonderful nursing relationship, so I am sad about it.:(

Mother of two boys and a stork-boy.gif on the way!

Old 08-18-2011, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
DD went on strike after I had leg surgery when she was 14 months. I tried and tried, but she wouldn't have any of it. I had planned on nursing until she was two or so, and then quitting when we were both ready. She's interested in the milk and how it all works, so I bet she'd try some. (Especially when baby is getting all that cuddle/nursing time and she wants something.)

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
Old 08-18-2011, 09:45 PM
JMJ

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I haven't done it yet myself, but in cases I have seen, older children tend to like expressed breast milk.  It's sweet.

User Tag List