name lists? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 6 Old 08-23-2011, 10:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I love looking at people's name ideas, especially middle names.  Does anyone have a name list set up at a baby name website and want to share it?

And yes, I'm asking even though I don't have one to share.  I've been meaning to get around to it, but nameberry hasn't been cooperating with me.  I'm working on it.

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 08-23-2011, 11:25 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I don't think I've heard of that before...would you explain what that is and what the purpose is? That would be awesome, thanks!

#3 of 6 Old 08-23-2011, 12:04 PM - Thread Starter

Sure -- some of the baby name websites let you create an account and you can make a list (or several different lists) to keep track of your potential baby names.  

At babynames.com, you can choose to let others vote on the names on your list (either a thumbs up or a thumbs down), and you have the option to do just the name, or first and middle, or first, middle, last.  You can put in a name that is similar to your last name so you get the feel of what the name would be like, if you didn't want to put up your actual last name.

Nameberry.com has lots of baby name lists, but it's a lot of people making lists of a specific style, as opposed to one master list of names they like.  Lists like "flapper names," "cool and geeky boy names," and "traditional but not too popular girl names" were some recent user lists.

#4 of 6 Old 08-23-2011, 12:30 PM - Thread Starter

Oh -- I've been looking around babynames.com, and I think that now, your name list is only included in the ones that anyone can vote on if you are a "VIP" member.  So if I send the link to someone, they can vote, but people on babynames.com don't see it.  I think.

#5 of 6 Old 08-23-2011, 06:29 PM - Thread Starter

http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9713095 and http://nameberry.com/userlists/Brisen are my lists.

I'm a little worried I'm going to be obsessed with names this whole pregnancy.  We have a girl's name picked out, but we're running low on boy names we both like.

#6 of 6 Old 08-24-2011, 05:32 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Brisen--I think we're in the same boat.  Girl names are easy... we have one picked (at least for now) and several others would work fine.  Nothing for boys!  DH claims he's not picky at all, but he sure is using the veto power liberally this time around! 

Janel, crochetsmilie.gif DIY/crafting addicted wife to DH treehugger.gif for 8 yrs, loving mama to DD1 notes.gif - 6 yrs, DD2energy.gif- 3 yrs, and baby 3 stork-suprise.gif due Feb/Mar 2012, planning our first waterbirth.jpg  homebirth.jpg

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page