Are you going to find out the sex? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
1  2
March 2012 > Are you going to find out the sex?
treehugginhippie's Avatar treehugginhippie 05:25 AM 09-14-2011

We're not finding out the sex but this is the first time (my 3rd child) I would REALLY like to know, lol!

Kyamo's Avatar Kyamo 07:15 AM 09-14-2011
We will find out if baby cooperates during the anatomy scan, if not then it will be a surprise.
cameragirl's Avatar cameragirl 07:20 PM 09-14-2011
I have a question related to the ultrasound. When I went in last time for sex determination, the tech said that they'll give moms juice if the baby doesn't want to move around. Apparently that works most of the time to get them active, since they like to drink the sweeter amniotic fluid. How soon before the ultrasound do you think you'd need to drink the juice for that to work? It wasn't an issue last time, so I never asked.
eno1177's Avatar eno1177 07:28 PM 09-14-2011

We didn't find out the first time and we are waiting the second time, too.  It's driving everyone (except us) nuts! I added pink touches to a gender neutral nursery for my daughter. Now she's moving to her big girl room and we will accessorize when the new one gets here. It was so much fun to hear, "It's a girl!" in the delivery room.  I was actually shocked. blush.gif  Good luck to everyone, planner or not! 

Janel47's Avatar Janel47 09:44 PM 09-14-2011

I just ate a piece of candy while waiting for the ultrasound.  Candy canes always made DD1 dance like crazy!  :) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameragirl View Post

I have a question related to the ultrasound. When I went in last time for sex determination, the tech said that they'll give moms juice if the baby doesn't want to move around. Apparently that works most of the time to get them active, since they like to drink the sweeter amniotic fluid. How soon before the ultrasound do you think you'd need to drink the juice for that to work? It wasn't an issue last time, so I never asked.

cameragirl's Avatar cameragirl 10:13 PM 09-14-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janel47 View Post

I just ate a piece of candy while waiting for the ultrasound.  Candy canes always made DD1 dance like crazy!  :) 

I did that with skittles when I was pregnant with DD, and she kept doing flips. The doctor was laughing and didn't even try to measure her. I think I was about 12 weeks at that point.
BirthIsAwesome's Avatar BirthIsAwesome 12:59 AM 09-17-2011

We didn't find out with Malachi and don't plan to with this one either! It was fun to find out at the birth. As far as planning, it was no big deal. Malachi was in our room until 8 months so we had plenty of time to decorate his room after the birth. I have a 0-3 month stash of gender neutral clothes, so that is perfect for this one, gives us 3 months-ish to buy girly clothes if we need them. 

1  2

Up