Are you going to find out the sex? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 37 Old 09-14-2011, 04:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We're not finding out the sex but this is the first time (my 3rd child) I would REALLY like to know, lol!

Tina - mama to DD1 10yrs, DD2 5.5 yrs and DD3 22 mo and wifey to DH.
#32 of 37 Old 09-14-2011, 06:15 AM

We will find out if baby cooperates during the anatomy scan, if not then it will be a surprise.

Mommy to  N baby.gif, born 2/20/12.

#33 of 37 Old 09-14-2011, 06:20 PM

I have a question related to the ultrasound. When I went in last time for sex determination, the tech said that they'll give moms juice if the baby doesn't want to move around. Apparently that works most of the time to get them active, since they like to drink the sweeter amniotic fluid. How soon before the ultrasound do you think you'd need to drink the juice for that to work? It wasn't an issue last time, so I never asked.

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
#34 of 37 Old 09-14-2011, 06:28 PM

We didn't find out the first time and we are waiting the second time, too.  It's driving everyone (except us) nuts! I added pink touches to a gender neutral nursery for my daughter. Now she's moving to her big girl room and we will accessorize when the new one gets here. It was so much fun to hear, "It's a girl!" in the delivery room.  I was actually shocked. blush.gif  Good luck to everyone, planner or not! 

#35 of 37 Old 09-14-2011, 08:44 PM

I just ate a piece of candy while waiting for the ultrasound.  Candy canes always made DD1 dance like crazy!  :) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameragirl View Post

I have a question related to the ultrasound. When I went in last time for sex determination, the tech said that they'll give moms juice if the baby doesn't want to move around. Apparently that works most of the time to get them active, since they like to drink the sweeter amniotic fluid. How soon before the ultrasound do you think you'd need to drink the juice for that to work? It wasn't an issue last time, so I never asked.

Janel, crochetsmilie.gif DIY/crafting addicted wife to DH treehugger.gif for 8 yrs, loving mama to DD1 notes.gif - 6 yrs, DD2energy.gif- 3 yrs, and baby 3 stork-suprise.gif due Feb/Mar 2012, planning our first waterbirth.jpg  homebirth.jpg

#36 of 37 Old 09-14-2011, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janel47 View Post

I just ate a piece of candy while waiting for the ultrasound.  Candy canes always made DD1 dance like crazy!  :) 

I did that with skittles when I was pregnant with DD, and she kept doing flips. The doctor was laughing and didn't even try to measure her. I think I was about 12 weeks at that point.

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
#37 of 37 Old 09-16-2011, 11:59 PM

We didn't find out with Malachi and don't plan to with this one either! It was fun to find out at the birth. As far as planning, it was no big deal. Malachi was in our room until 8 months so we had plenty of time to decorate his room after the birth. I have a 0-3 month stash of gender neutral clothes, so that is perfect for this one, gives us 3 months-ish to buy girly clothes if we need them. 

Proud wife to my handsome husband partners.gif Malachi David (2010) and Jeremiah Daniel (2012) joined our family via two lovely homebirths. Rainbow.gif Doula for 7 years and now finally an apprentice midwife! bellycast.gif 

bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifnovaxnocirc.gifcd.giffemalesling.GIF

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page